Antarctotrechus Balli, The Bastion beetle

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, NoLxve1149 said:

Lets keep these votes rolling! january 24th will be the day our beetle's take control and become apex predators!

I'm afraid they won't.

This is only the submission stage. After 23rd Jan they will then take the top 10 voted submissions and put them in a final public voting round.

This means that anyone that has voted for anything outside of the current top 10 would then be added to the mix as they would have to pick from the top 10 only. Anything can happen.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:44 PM, Relarist said:

This is a dinosaur game. Please try Grounded if you’re obsessed with insects.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:26 AM, Maria064 said:

i will be so disappointed if this win. we have enough of nasty bugs in game. a dino or a mammal would be much better to win

23 hours ago, Freddys said:

if the insects ended up winning, I'm leaving Ark because it's about dinosaur not about insects or some weird hybrid dinosaur It is more than billion dinosaurs. They are exist not ended up in Ark some of them famous some of them not famous. And we got some weird.insects or some weird dinosaur that's not real or some weird mammals I'm still upsets

On 1/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, ShadowShadex said:

great, another non-dinosaur in the dinosaur game.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:32 PM, pudgysaurus said:

there is no way people think that this actually is something we need. New cavers, new boss killers, maybe even new fliers or water mounts. a beetle that can pick up carnos has no actual use besides trolling, not even that really. gorgonopsid actually could be a good caver or just all around mount, or deinocheirus could be something that could combat gigas and carchars and add something more than a pushover to the herbivores. Nothosaurus could be great for taming and exploration and maybe even caves depending on the size it could be if added. Myotragus, this, and the bison are the worst ideas i've seen so far in the submissions, and if these somehow end up winning i will lose all hope for ark 2 creature votes.

to everyone who thinks this way for 1 this isnt just a pure dino game beacuse we litterly have dragons,wyverns and lava lizzards and we do need more insects and water dinos we have enough dinos and mammals 

5 hours ago, Technogamer765 said:

Yes the bastion beetle is winning for now!! I really hope this stays in the lead and ends up winning its such a unique and cool concept for a new ark creature 

This is only round one of voting. So numbers atm don't matter as long as it's in the top 10. After Jan 23th the real vote happens so everyone need to remember to come vote then. 

On 1/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, LukasFrost said:

This could be such an amazing dino,

For PVE I've been wanting new boss dinos for a while, anything that is not a rex vs megapithecus, rockwell, manticore etc.. is welcomed! 

For RP this could really give the feeling of a more nature style playthrough.

Not to mention for PVP this could be a complete pivoting point for megatribes ! imagine raid groups of snow owls, griffins, wyverns on the air, stegos, titans tanking and then the bastion beetle shooting from afar the possibilities are infinite!

We definitely need this in the game, a useful dino for RP, PVE and PVP! Not that raptoring useless dogpoop note sniffing rat that is #1 at the moment of writing this post...

GO BEETLE! 💪

YES! people for some reason are angry that a non dinosaur is winning(also, hate to break it to ya haters but the current creature in second place is NOT a dino). Honestly I would LOVE to have these- one, you could move dangerous dinos, such as carno’s, as seen, away from your base(if you don’t have a wyvern or are in a map with no wyverns, same with quetzal). Also, I would have an army of em for the boss battle- it would make it more fun to have more than just dinosaurs with ya. Just put your yuty on auto courage or, if these things can(paired with the saddle ofc) put em on like auto turret. Not only that, but their just so cute! And they can fly!

by the way, haters, there are already bugs in ark(that are prehistoric, ofc). Stop saying “its a dinosaur game” and start looking at- I dont know- the unicorn, the wyverns, Phoenix, dragon(boss) manticore(boss), and oh- maybe play abbreviation, extinction, and genesis. I promise there are a LOT of totally REAL DINOSAURS. I mean, my favorite dinosaur is a wyvern! Their totally real. And dinosaurs. Also, I love that unicorns- even though their mammals are also DINOSAURS?!?! WOAH! (/sarcasm if ya can’t tell)

2 hours ago, ONIXxCrow said:

This is only round one of voting. So numbers atm don't matter as long as it's in the top 10. After Jan 23th the real vote happens so everyone need to remember to come vote then. 

very true the vote could get completely flipped in the second phase I will still vote for the beetle though.

3 hours ago, maewinggozoom said:

to everyone who thinks this way for 1 this isnt just a pure dino game beacuse we litterly have dragons,wyverns and lava lizzards and we do need more insects and water dinos we have enough dinos and mammals 

insects are fine but compared to what we could be getting this would be a waste of a creature vote

20 hours ago, Lordtitanosaur said:

The fact these brainlets want this  stupid extinct beetle is ridiculous which was tiny btw it's just a loophole for them to add a silly fantasy creature they want to they make a giant version of a creature find a prehistoric name on wiki slap it on there "prehistoric creature" and submit it done and I'm sick of it you have the entirety of prehistoric animals to work with but no choose something small just to plug in your fantasy idea and people are like durr good idea now everyone is entitled to there opinions and I think most of the other candidates are Better choices that this gorgonopsid can track animals and tames way better than the tracking system now the Nothosaurus can make any eggs it collects fertilized these we need but not let's all go "durr me vote for beetle cause it cool" this was originally a prehistoric dinosaur survival game for those who say not it isn't you have like 5 freaking dlcs worth of fantasy creatures to play with and is a poor crutch to use in that argument I acknowledge it's extinct but come on we can do Better not just saying a dinosaur but other more deserving creatures also you do realize that if they add it they won't make it exactly like the version you see here call me sour or a loser that needs to touch grass ect but hey it's better that been a sheep voting for this

well dung beetle is the 2nd coolest creature in the game so i think you are crazy, this beetle would be so much cooler than your bootleg ravager

8 hours ago, Xelz said:

This happens when people do not know how to READ and play a video game for the sake of playing it without any sense.

Guys, read the explorer's notes in THE ISLAND and learn a little more about what ARK is. Since DLC 2 (scorched), later ABERRATION and EXTINCTION all the creatures that were included were FANTASTIC and not extinct creatures. That was to get ARK out of the "dinosaur only game" category. 

I think WILDCARD was pretty obvious in showing that their game shouldn't fit into a "Dinosaur Taming game", they wanted to tell an amazing story.

PS. This beetle did exist in ancient times, maybe it wasn't as big as here, but that's what ARK is about, GENETICALLY MODIFIED creatures with real bases.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

How about you read the description on their twitter account "Official Twitter for Studio Wildcard's open-world dinosaur survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved." And I have read all notes on the island and scorched earth. 

5 hours ago, ExternalTrout80 said:

YES! people for some reason are angry that a non dinosaur is winning(also, hate to break it to ya haters but the current creature in second place is NOT a dino). Honestly I would LOVE to have these- one, you could move dangerous dinos, such as carno’s, as seen, away from your base(if you don’t have a wyvern or are in a map with no wyverns, same with quetzal). Also, I would have an army of em for the boss battle- it would make it more fun to have more than just dinosaurs with ya. Just put your yuty on auto courage or, if these things can(paired with the saddle ofc) put em on like auto turret. Not only that, but their just so cute! And they can fly!

by the way, haters, there are already bugs in ark(that are prehistoric, ofc). Stop saying “its a dinosaur game” and start looking at- I dont know- the unicorn, the wyverns, Phoenix, dragon(boss) manticore(boss), and oh- maybe play abbreviation, extinction, and genesis. I promise there are a LOT of totally REAL DINOSAURS. I mean, my favorite dinosaur is a wyvern! Their totally real. And dinosaurs. Also, I love that unicorns- even though their mammals are also DINOSAURS?!?! WOAH! (/sarcasm if ya can’t tell)

Honestly, the bigger problem is people don't seem to learn how this works. People suggested the monkey be crazy over the top useful and powerful, got hyped that it won, and then it wasn't what they thought it would be. The same will be done with this beetle, which as is suggested would be a Rex that could fly AND carry creatures like a wyvern AND gets a saddle that is like a tremendously upgraded Andrewsarchus saddle while strafing like a Tapejara. Totally balanced.

Archived