Antarctotrechus Balli, The Bastion beetle

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2023 at 1:05 AM, TorchuJACK117 said:

Pretty sure ark is ancient or extinct animals in bud. Maybe you should try grounded nstead bud? #top10

Well, I guess you are right... Guess insects don't fall under the category of creature anymore... The guidelines did say "must be a real-world extinct/prehistoric creature. But I guess we can also ignore the fact that ark already has things like the scorpion. 

Also, not related, but ark turned into a game about historical and fantasy creatures with a strange substance called element that is used for hyper-futuristic things. But I guess we can ignore that because we don't want big bug to win.

Absolutely love the idea of the beetle, but I feel like it's trying to do a few too many things at once.

Definitely up there as one of my favourites, but I feel that it'd be highly unlikely for the mechanics involving using beetle chitin combined with riot as an additional armour set.

Personally think that the niche of the males being very skilled fighters, able to throw enemy creatures all over the place, while the females receive an artillery styled saddle is more than enough for the creature. Both genders naturally taking less damage makes perfect sense as well! The suggested additional buffs would probably make it a bit too much though.

All in all, excellent design, but it's got a few too many abilities imho. Still has my vote though, because a giant rhinoceros beetle would be kick-ass

On 1/14/2023 at 10:36 AM, TorchuJACK117 said:

Common name: Bastion

Species: antarctotrechus Balli

Temperament: Neutral

Please Note! All credit for this creature idea goes to survivorSantiago99 who posted it on the fjordur submission. Though I posted the Desmodus bat... this bastion beetle may have been my favorite creature and I think it deserves all the attention. He put a ton of work into it. 

bastion_beetle_11_by_ztype198_demnfz0-350t.jpg.8a5d48f390f29db2656a2e74d3717cfd.jpg

* Wild:

Of neutral temperament, with its almost 4 meters long by 2 meters high and 3 meters in diameter, this creature can be found in most jungles, its domestication will be passive looking for its larvae in the brush, (you will find them in different sizes like the kairuku) but be careful that in their larval state they secrete a substance that attracts ants using them as their guardians, and not only that, if there is an adult bastion nearby it will not hesitate to attack you because for the bastion the larvae are the most important thing to protect in the big tree, and let's say that nobody wants to fall on top of the vanaheim tree. if you manage to evade the adults, offer tree sap to the larvae, funca wood, cactus, honey or vegetable cake for better taming.

bastion_beetle_3_by_ztype198_demnjao-350t.jpg.b5f427b4c577ecee6eba55af617a026b.jpg

once it is yours it will be the first creature as a baby that you can put on your shoulder immediately (only temporary because its growth will be slow) it will be an insect repellent, which will help you in caves and tame insects,

bastion_beetle_14__2_by_ztype198_dems6fn-350t.jpg.738634868c663f04f0cba8ad32453726.jpg

when it reaches its pupal stage it will ask you to give it attention and leave it in a wide space because at this stage it will start to grow a lot and at this stage you will see the sexual dimorphism begin to form.

bastion_beetle_17__2_by_ztype198_den19k8-350t.jpg.318c4e19baddd3d5ff4565a1b8ab3b50.jpg

*Tamed:

When it finally becomes a beetle, it will be able to eat fruit and meat, as well as use it unmounted and mounted.

bastion_beetle_18_by_ztype198_den19l9-350t.jpg.a51ece3a318ce8113f13859d5da6230c.jpg

You will be able to use it on land although somewhat slow but with an excellent weight reduction, water is its worst enemy, have you ever seen a non-aquatic beetle in the water? very clumsy and its wings get wet being impossible to fly, but in the air it will be one of the most maneuverable flyers since like the griffin it can fly backwards but in a better way, wherever you want your bastion to fly, there it will stay.

General abilities: 

flapping: on the ground he will fling all small enemies around him by spreading his wings like the wyvern.

walk like god: Both can climb and stick to any kind of surface.

PASSIVES:

-reduction to ballistic damage 40%(except tek).

-30% weight reduction on everything

-radiation resistance.

weaknesses:

- extra fire damage 30%.

- vulnerable to net projectile

- extra damage to tek turrets 20%

Male's abilities: 

bastion_beetle_5_by_ztype198_demnjat-350t.jpg.9218f5c03d7141586f2baabca2d9d678.jpg

-brutal strength: he will be able to charge and throw enemies with his powerful chitin horn. 

battle_bettle_13__2_by_ztype198_dems6hi-350t.jpg.5c3bc143b0b20bc9e855317786a07d0b.jpg

-Knocking hits: with his basic hits he will slightly push enemies away like the diplodocus but with additional damage.

-progressive damage: the longer it holds a creature, the more damage it will do.

-Duel: between males there will be a fighting system with its horns, the strongest one will defeat the other one by charging it. (perfect for tournaments)

Male passive: 15% faster.

The bastion is a beetle that can carry more than 100 times its own weight, although the female is stronger than the male.

Abilities of the female: 

bastion_beetle_6_by_ztype198_demnjax-350t.jpg.f8184af7d83c386c04e3f7c7e62482bf.jpg

-hard-biting: the female will have no horns but will have a pair of powerful jaws capable of taking small to medium-sized creatures (although she can also take large creatures with her jaws like a bulldozer she will be able to drag her victim as she grabs it.

-Rock-hard: the female will have extra damage resistance against carnivores.

female passives:

20% more energy.

The bastion.

Your mounts saddle will be manufactured in the fabricator, here gentlemen your bastion will become a war machine:

new abilities: light thrusters that use gasoline as fuel, but no faster than a tropeo.

lanterns: both will have lanterns on their mount perfect for night or go aberration.

safe pilot: the cockpit is perfect for not being dismounted.

The males on their mount will add a pair of machine guns using advanced ammunition.

bastion_beetle_10___copia_by_ztype198_demnj0d-350t.jpg.bc3dc77b55d786cd8df4948cf82d4706.jpg

The female, not having her horn on her mount will change completely and you will see a 90mm cannon that will use rocket missile ammunition. (she will only be able to use the cannon on the ground).

bastion_beetle_12__2_by_ztype198_dems6eb-350t.jpg.34182b1d53c1f9b9a0f4bb16d0a49ca4.jpg

Both will have a mount with an extra seat for another passenger with a minigun that you can attach (the new genesis 2 weapon) for the extra passenger.

utilities:

pvp / pve : tired of using rex for the boss? think no more and form a squad of bastions to kill the boss.

bastion_beetle_22__2_by_ztype198_denc4ju-350t.jpg.c6a4cab32b4f1f03ec981a7f79965bf8.jpg

forget about using cannons to tame golems or tek weapons for the astrocetus, use the female bastion and forget about problems.

bastion_beetle_23_by_ztype198_denc4f5-350t.jpg.175c8be6858ec088b3912fc347413c2f.jpg

There has also been mention of high tier tribes creating advanced tek saddles with special abilities.

*New item!

the exoskeleton of the bastion is one of the hardest of the ark, the chitin of the bastion is unique with a hardness difficult to cut and above all, to obtain because it must be treated with patience, the prime chitin that will offer the bastion will serve you as an offering to invoke the titan of the forest.

or maybe you want an upgrade in your armor, but be warned, the chances of getting the prime chitin from the bastion bodies is very low, decide well in which you will use it. once warned i bring you the new upgrade only for the riot armor, equip the armor with the powerful prime chitin to become a juggernaut to what i call, the bastion armor.

engrama_bastion_suit_by_ztype198_deuq70r-pre.thumb.jpg.53a132cccaaa0c1609224c7f2d9a8cfe.jpg

to the user will offer:

- ballistic damage resistance 40%:
- durability: + 40%
- melee damage resistance 40%
- armor penetration - 30%

disadvantages:

- speed -40%
- weight +40%
- insolation +20%.
- stamina expenditure if you run: 30%
- the bastion armor is irreparable and single use.

-  total blocking of all attachments (wings, gas mask, etc.)

resist as the last bastion of your base as big! protect yourself from wild fauna! enter caves forgetting about damage, invade bases like in shooters! use the bastion armor!

bastion helmet, bastion chest, bastion pants, bastion gloves, bastion boots

Source link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctotrechus

i love this creature suggestion but the only problem that i see is that is very broken. If the bastion beetle wins, wildcard will probably take away most of the abilities you have suggested. For the example the hability of enter to the boss arena or the mounts with turrets and cannons are stupidly broken for a flying creature.

36 minutes ago, Molsasas said:

i love this creature suggestion but the only problem that i see is that is very broken. If the bastion beetle wins, wildcard will probably take away most of the abilities you have suggested. For the example the hability of enter to the boss arena or the mounts with turrets and cannons are stupidly broken for a flying creature.

These are just ideas. Wildcard is definitely not going to add everything mentioned in the post. These are merely ideas for what it could do. Most likely only around 10% of the stuff mention in the post is going to make it into the game if it wins. The only thing that would 100% make it into the game if it's added is the creature itself. Still, I think that the creature has more potential than most of the other suggestions, which is why it's my top pick.

Hello i really like the Idea of this Big Beetle but the part i dont really like is the machine gun and the canon, i think this creature should be more like a close combat flyer with a high HP and tankines and i think it would be kinda wasted if we have sadle that keep you far from combat,and if im not Wrong there is no tank flyer, this is all i needed to Say and even if its not my favorite i would be really happy too see it in the game

4 hours ago, Molsasas said:

i love this creature suggestion but the only problem that i see is that is very broken. If the bastion beetle wins, wildcard will probably take away most of the abilities you have suggested. For the example the hability of enter to the boss arena or the mounts with turrets and cannons are stupidly broken for a flying creature

Fair, but Lightnings deal far more damage, and still out there, they would be some kind "Artillery Support" for the PvP community, he has my vote

Archived