Size: about 20 meters
Sadle unlocks  at 78 lvl
Stats: 
700 health
500 stamina
300 moisture (oxygen) 
75 basic damage
??? Speed
600 weight(selica and black pearls weight less in its inventory) 
About: Rhizodus gigas is giant fish that terrorizes freshwater, sometimes saltwater and even land fauna that got unlucky being near water while Rhizodus is around. Even tho Rhizodus gigas is a fish it can crawl on land to catch its prey, but prey on land is fast so it uses it slimy belly to charge at it and have better chances of catching it. Original Earths Rhizodus  was only a Freshwater fish but Rhizodus gigas can also be found in oceans.
Abilities:
1. Grab
When Rhizodus catches small prey it swallows it whole but when it catches big prey it takes it as deep as possible and drowns it, in fear preys oxygen drains way faster than usuall. If you tame it you can use grab ability to grab your own tames or tribemates and take then underwater without worrying about them drowning cuz Rhizodus will provide them with oxygen.
If it grabs another water creature it will start mauling it with its powerfull jaws 
Deals 70 damage doesnt matter if u grab wild creature or your own tame
2. Tail slap
Tail slap stuns small animals in water and does huge knockback + bonebreak(20 sec.) on land. Deals 50 basic damage
3. Charge
Charge gives Rhizodus speed boost for 7 seconds and deals 5 basic damage to everything that gets in the way
4. Slide
Rhizodus can use its slimy belly to slide on land like a penguin, but can use it only 3 times, if all 3 is used it will have cooldown 10 minutes until you can use it again
5. Fire resistance
Slime protects Rhizodus from getting burned or take damage from fire
6. Thick skull 
Rhizodus will take less damage from being shot/hit in the head
Taming method:
1. Use repellent and let it swallow you after which it will spit you out and take some torpor(will drop very slowly) and then wait for it to do it again to knock it out, Rhizodus will eat any sort of meat exept for spoiled one but its most favorite is lamb
Can farm: Silica pearls, Black pearls, stone and flint
Cant shoot from saddle

IMG_20230114_163106.jpg

4 replies to this server topic

Trying to put some effort into this post here, I think Rhizodus would be a good choice for the next upcoming creature to be added into the game. Why is that? Well, I believe it could fill a unique niche. That virtually no other creature (asides from maybe the sarcosuchus) fills. An aquatic predator that can traverse on land and be essentially an ambush predator.

In the wild, Rhizdous would be found in such places like rivers, deep lakes, swamps, and coastal areas. While it may seem slightly unremarkable at first, Rhizodus is well capable of being a terrifying predator to encounter in the wild. In my mind, I'd imagine Rhizodus being similar to a giant lungfish. Capable of preforming great bursts of speed that allow it to chase it prey onto land, akin to an orca. But it doesn't stop there, as Rhizodus can use its robust fins to pursue its prey on land. While not very fast (and limited by an oxygen stat), the Rhizodus would be made more threatening by another trait, camouflage.
While many other creatures in the game can do this, no purely aquatic creatures can. And I believe Rhizodus would be the perfect one to have such a trait. It can turn itself fully invisible, similar to a shadowmane or desmodus. Where it would remain nearly undetectable to the naked eye. The only way one might be able to see it's there would be a vague silhouette, and by the time that happens. Its already too late.
What else can the big fish do? I think the final ability it should have would a breach ability. Where it can perform a massive jump out of the water and into midair. Making it good for anti-air defense. 

For taming, I'd imagine you would have to tame it similar to the fishing minigame. Perhaps lure it out with some bait (Like honey or leech blood) to draw the Rhizodus out. You play the fishing minigame until it is successfully tamed. But the catcher is that the pole has a high chance of breaking, therefore repeated tries may have to be made until you have a Rhizodus on your side.
I'd imagine the Rhizodont to be a powerful midgame aquatic tame, a saddle unlockable at around lvl 45. While it's not as strong as some deep-sea predators, I think its overall versatility of it being a creature that can perform well underwater. As well with being useful on land for ambush attacks (especially against fliers due to its cloaking ability) would give it a role I don't think many other creatures in the game have.

I will admit, this post probably isn't as good as some of the top tier ones. But I think with enough dedication, maybe the big killer fish could make it out on top. Let me know if you guys have any ideas for this big fish and what you'd all like to see with it. I'd be curious if you guys have similar ideas, or perhaps ones that are better than mine. 

rhizodus_by_kahless28_d2jam3c-fullview.jpg

This is great! I also had Rhizodus as mine, and with similar abilities. So with that being said, might as well add my thoughts in.

I like the idea of it being able to slide on land, and maybe to add onto that, it should be able to crawl when the three sliding moves are used up so it doesn't get stranded.

For the taming, I was thinking that you could just tire it until it passes out, and tame it that way. You need to put water on its gill though every so often while taming.

Then there should be a bleed effect in the water for large animals that slow, deal damage, and deplete stamina. Lastly,

it should be immune to jelly stings and tuso hugs, while being ignored by most water animals like the karkinos and golems.

I really like the grab function, that was what I wanted combat for mine to be based around.

image.png.d7195d2ba9d105676860c5b50c9895db.png

Archived