What are your top 5 creatures you'd want a TLC for?

GP

Hmmm, maybe sabretooth. You can ride a dire wolf immediately and get a pack bonus, but you got to wait till level 35 to make a saddle for the saber, and no extra bonus anything....phoenix absolutely needs some special love, yeah it can harvest and cook metal, but no weight reduction = useless.....Maybe some of the creepy crawlies such as Titanoboa and the bats, In fact it still says I can ride the bat if I make a saddle, even though their saddles are not craftable.....

I had to think about this one a long time, I thought of the dino's in SE, aberation, even extinction, but after all of that, I only come accross one who felt like it honestly needs some sort of buff, and thats the quetzal. With argies able to haul 4k of stuff, I honestly feel like there is very little purpose left for largest flying creature of all time.

Maybe it gets a huge stam boost to make up for its "ok" weight capacity?

1 Megaloceros : !
I just really like the Megaloceros. I am breeding them a lot already and they are already pretty underrated. Their AOE is pretty usefull but they have limited utility functionality. Their antlers arent what they should be and they could add a nice new feature, like maybe torpor buildup with its attacks or apply slow/bleed also to wild creatures. Maybe have attacks with antlers have players dismount like Kentro/Stego can do (If players/dinos have low hp) Or make the antlers reflect damage a little bit. Improve their jump so it can actually climb the mountains probably...

Also, in survival of the fittest they would become really nice if they add a tlc for it.

Moose Power lol !

2 Araneo/Scorpion:
Add better torpor build up to their attacks. Kind of a issue maybe because they are in great numbers in caves, will make caves a lot harder etc.

3 Basilisk:
They are a nice "apex predator" But to control one tamed is really hard and awkward. Make they turning radius different and change mobility in general... Make them able to go underground while mounted or something. Breedable etc etc.

4 Bronto:
Magnificent Creature but will loose combat against way too many tiny tamed creatures or even wild creatures. Maybe add an extra stomp attack like titanosaur and improve utility. Also to maybe catch up with Stryder utility... Add bags to reduce certain kind of material weight or something like that. Add feats that really emphasize its great size, maybe a scout function of some kind. Or maybe a, not very unique but still welcome, "roar" that adds buffs/debuffs to nearby (flyer) dinos. (Also great for SOFT as its utility in that game-mode is also very weak.)

5 River Fish in general:
Just would be a lot more fun to have them if they could actually level up, be fed normally and kept normally. Maybe adding features that would make them enhance fishing or something could be fun.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I had to think about this one a long time, I thought of the dino's in SE, aberation, even extinction, but after all of that, I only come accross one who felt like it honestly needs some sort of buff, and thats the quetzal. With argies able to haul 4k of stuff, I honestly feel like there is very little purpose left for largest flying creature of all time.

Ow yeah, Maybe the quetzal is indeed in terrible need for a tlc. Maybe grand it some kind of screech that could debuff nearby flyers/manas.

This is not as easy as I thought it would be to come up with ideas.   So here goes my try at a 5 dino list.

1.  Rex.  The animation is a bit stale for me at this point.   I wouldn't mind seeing a refresh on their animation and maybe the model/skins could be improved upon.

2.  Hyaenodon.   The ones we have in game seem to be of the hyaenodon horridus variety.   I would like to see them as a little bit bigger like the hyaenodon gigas and maybe make the hair bolder and face scarier.   Even keeping them non ridable is fine, but I wouldn't complain if we could ride a hyaenodon giga version of the animal.

3.  Chalicotherium.   They have been in the game forever and probably deserve some extra love.  The name I believe means pebble beast.  Instead of mud, maybe they could throw stones(or be more similar to getting hit by a shotgun) as well or instead of mud.  I would have said megatherium, but the r-megatherium skin is spectacular already.

4. Megalosaurus.  Even if they sleep at night, I would like to see them be able to default use their primary attack after being tamed, or have it be a setting we can chose via whistle or some other way.  And maybe not give them an awake penalty if they are woken up while in a cave.  Its dark, they(us players ;) ) shouldn't be punished for waking up during the day while in a cave in the dark.

5. Procoptodon.  The pouch raising babies has never been a fully safe idea.  It works as long as you stay in render.  The moment you leave; that baby goes below the floor, if raised in a base over water - they turn invisible until you re-render the area, and if they are on the ground - the baby can teleport to the center point of the map they are on (coords 50 50 on most maps, and coords 80 80 on genOne for example).  AND a regular kangaroo can kill a man with their feet, but procoptodon's kick is a sad sad sad sad excuse for an attack.  If its not going to kill animals without kicking them 20+ times, maybe we could kick animals farther away or some absurdly useful distance.

1. Dodo could use some attention. The kibble rework turned this iconic tame into something that we've left behind. Some extra benefit of dodo eggs would once again resurrect my chicken coup. 

2. Kentros need some attention after the post cryo nerf. Nobody uses them to defend anymore. How about a turret mode that simply makes them immovable or pickable to act as mobile spike walls? 

3. Dilos should see some sort of a buff if not a full tlc. Too many smaller dinos have outnumbered and overpowered an iconic spitter. Provide a fear effect for small-mid size dinos struck by the spit and increase frequency of spit attacks for turret mode. 

4. megapihranas should be more deadly and in packs with slowing attributes but be less frequent and less damaging per bite. Make them feel like a rare swarm, not an annoyance. 

5. The ant dudes...has anyone ever actually felt threatened by these? These poor guys need some love. Maybe some sort of queen that will continue spawning soldiers until you kill her, but reduce frequencies to prevent annoyance.  The queen can be turned into an ant hill upon taming, similar to the bee hive that will act as a turret which constantly sends out drones to attack hostiles in range.   

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

5. The ant dudes...has anyone ever actually felt threatened by these? These poor guys need some love. Maybe some sort of queen that will continue spawning soldiers until you kill her, but reduce frequencies to prevent annoyance.  The queen can be turned into an ant hill upon taming, similar to the bee hive that will act as a turret which constantly sends out drones to attack hostiles in range. 

I'd suggest the workers are prone to dying or die after a time and especially with distance from the hive, and on the flip side are prone to survival and get a pack buff nearer the hive, or queen. Also that'd make some interesting pvp base defense, especially if there were further mechanics like maybe the hive is upgraded with that trap plant so the workers have a possibility of farming the traps and springing them on a pvp raider who then gets swarmed.

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I'd suggest the workers are prone to dying or die after a time and especially with distance from the hive, and on the flip side are prone to survival and get a pack buff nearer the hive, or queen. Also that'd make some interesting pvp base defense, especially if there were further mechanics like maybe the hive is upgraded with that trap plant so the workers have a possibility of farming the traps and springing them on a pvp raider who then gets swarmed.

Ok, this sounds kinda good actually...Its a chitin farm, primitive turret, maybe it can also provide fertilizer or oil?

Someone should make this a new creature submission!!!
If no one takes it, Im willing, but its not my idea so....

I'm going mostly with fliers:

1) Qwetz. This poor scruffy thing  is really no longer a thing. Maybe a big increase in speed (in line with maybe a wyvern) and keeping it competitive to "super argies" in the weight department. As a quirk, maybe introduce the requirement of launching off of a cliff, or needing a clear "runway" before it can actually get air borne.

2) Pelagornis. Again a dead end kind of dino right now. Looking at an modern albatross, I would argue for almost infinite stamina - those guys go days and days constantly airborne.

3) As above the tapajara has also been relegated to the poo pile with the likes of Tropeo and Desmond bat. Not sure what could be done here to make them unique again. As a left field thought, change the way their acceleration and "mometum" works so that they can be an easy to use "niche" builder bird (instead of the tap up, tap up, tap left, dammn circle around and try again that (for me) is the current case).

4) I like @Logan96 with his dillo. They have really not been something that I have even noticed since like 2017. To start with I would like to see them being a lot bigger. The Ark representation of these guys is way off. However I guess that is too much of work making a whole new model (and probably having to pair it with  a saddle cause it's bigger). So maybe a real "blind" effect that doesn't just disappear over time. Something that needs a "potion" to cure (kinda like swamp fever works now). That would make them stand out LOL. Also their AI could be improved. These guys were ambush predators (according to some dodgy memory that sticks in my head from somewhere). So maybe less of the aimless wandering around and fruitless chasing of Para's, they should lurk in wait until the prey is close enough to whack properly.

5) Dimorphs!!! My Favourite critter in the whole damn game. They can do brilliant damage in a flock and one is utterly invincible from almost any wild life with a bunch of those following you. I would like them to be promoted to a much higher "tier" than they are currently. Maybe increase their damage even more (or introduce a flock buff). The one area where these little guys kinda fail is against almost any other flying creature - because they are too slow to get to the "enemy". So some kind of better speed stat or ability to meaningfully increase the speed stat. Lastly, how fun would it be if (instead of the normal 20 dinos), you could take, say 40, of these dudes into a boss fight ....... Clearly they would need to be harder to tame though - otherwise level 10 beach bob would be tend towards invincible LOL (Kinda like he can be now if he catches a bunch of very easy to tame Vultures)

Honourable mention -  The lystrosouros. What is this thing anyway? I am really no gonna spend hours petting the dammn thing - that is REALLY a "I'm not going there" kind of grind!

Honourable mention - The Bronto. It's one of the oldest models in the game (I don't think this has been through any of the prior TLC iterations?), and as @SunsetErosion sez - it is mostly kinda useless give its size.

1) Megalodon - The model is so old and the animations so basic that it looks out of place now. It's too iconic and it is such a common sight that it shouldn't be left at that state.

2) Carbonemys - The model is so old and the animations so basic that it also looks out of place now. Honestly I'd much rather see it replaced altogether with the giant turtle modders made.

3) Bronto - The model is so old and the animations so glitchy that it looks bad especially for such a visually huge and commonly seen creature.

4) Baryonyx - One of the classics and all time favourite creature again looks very dated and simplistic model wise.

5) Pachyrhinosaurus - Quite possibly the most useless creature with the most bland look.

6) Mosa and Plesio - Similar reasons in how dated they are but low on the list as most people and Devs don't seem all that interested in the water biomes.

15 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

1) Megalodon - The model is so old and the animations so basic that it looks out of place now 

2) Carbonemys - The model is so old and the animations so basic that it also looks out of place now. Honestly I'd much rather see it replaced altogether with the giant turtle modders made.

3) Bronto - The model is so old and the animations so glitchy that it looks bad especially for such a visually huge and commonly seen creature.

4) Baryonyx - One of the classics and favourite creature again looks very dated and simplistic 

5) Pachyrhinosaurus - Quite possibly the most useless creature with the most bland look.

6) Mosa and Plesio - Similar reasons in how dated they are but low on the list as most people and Devs don't seem all that interested in the water biomes.

Agree with every single one except the baryonyx. I absolutely love this tame and think it is a totally underrated mount. Ability to dismount/stun and can escape to land when the apex arrive. Its only real threat is jellyfish and eels which aren't a huge concern unless you are caving. 

From a purely aesthetic view the Giga and pelagorniscould use a texture overhaul in my opinion.  If we're going byabilities then the saber definitely needs some love since hide gathering is something any big carnivore can do. Perhaps give it a pounce not unlike what raptors and thylas can do, a bit of a bleed proc too given they were theorized to bleed their prey out. Maybe give the mosa and tusco an ability that keeps other sea life under their weight class from aggroing too. I mean come on; these are the seas apexes and yet still get harassed by jellies and eels.

1 Basilisk - make basilisk breedable, beter swimming (in real sneaks is very fast swimers ) climbing small rocks up 2 walls height. now basilisk stuck on every stone on ground 🙂

2sabertooth -need beter healthpool and raise basic weight stat. 
3megaloceros - add bleeding for tamed version, learn megaloceros colect berries. 
4carnotaurus - this dino need rework. is a small ugly and funny dinosaur. who is afraid of this predator? no one . every description in world say is a horible predator but in ark is a fun .
5Araneo - make araneo same as in  Atlas. in atlas is a araneo  great . in ark is araneo  nothing. low damage low stamina, low stats.

1: Jellyfish. Remove the dismount and have the stun paired with 30 or so seconds of stun immunity because infinite stunlock should never be a thing. It's been years since I rode anything other than a basil or a squid in the water.
2: Astrodelhpis. Let their ranged damage scale off melee so the melee stat has a reason to exist on them. Seriously, discovering this took them from being my favorite dino to being instantly discarded.
3:  Velonasaur. The right click attack needed to be nerfed but it was rendered useless. It needs un-nerfed and rebalanced so that it only hits each target once per attack cycle, as it stands the attack has no reason to exist.
4: Golems. Any dino that harvests metal or stone should be a hard counter to these.
5: Astrocetus. I'd love to be able to breed them!

4 hours ago, MordethKai said:

1: Jellyfish. Remove the dismount and have the stun paired with 30 or so seconds of stun immunity because infinite stunlock should never be a thing. It's been years since I rode anything other than a basil or a squid in the water.
2: Astrodelhpis. Let their ranged damage scale off melee so the melee stat has a reason to exist on them. Seriously, discovering this took them from being my favorite dino to being instantly discarded.
3:  Velonasaur. The right click attack needed to be nerfed but it was rendered useless. It needs un-nerfed and rebalanced so that it only hits each target once per attack cycle, as it stands the attack has no reason to exist.
4: Golems. Any dino that harvests metal or stone should be a hard counter to these.
5: Astrocetus. I'd love to be able to breed them!

Yes I agree the magmasaurs can harvest stone and metal yet it’s made out of rocks 

Definitely the giga. That thing defines dated. I mean, have you seen the way the neck meshes into itself when it's biting? The singular, basic attack? The not terrifying anymore model? Compare that to the carchar, which has two attack variations on it's primary, a tail swipe, a passive snowball ability, better stamina and speed, better looks, and I'm definitely missing something. Other than the giga, definitely the mosa. Think of it as a water giga. Dated model, dated abilities, dated attacks, etc. Maybe give it IMMUNITY TO JELLYFISH (sorry for the caps, but I'm clearly very passionate on this point)!? Another creature that I'm surprised no one's mentioned is the spider. It's useless. Pathetic damage, squishy as hell, aggravating to tame, no useful abilities. Make it bigger, rideable, able to climb, and do a life draining poison at least.  Another one is the Megalodon. GIve some love to the sharks! At least update the model. The pack bonus and bleed are cool, and maybe give it an attack where it bites and tears its opponent to pieces (or in the case of larger opponents, tear off a chunk and heal). And just an ocean tlc as well. Please make it not look like the bottom of a swimming pool, since if I wanted to see that, I'd head to the pool. Not play ARK, in which I want to see beautiful oceans full of life.

Cheers, have a great day, and happy ARKing! Laters gators!

Archived