Stegouros elengassen

UltraPhoenix95

Suggestion

The Stegouros elengassen is a relative of the Ankylosaur but instead of a club-like tail, the Stegouros have a flat frond-like structure at the end of a short tail, this structure shares some similarities with the Macuahuitl, an ancient aztec weapon. The Stegouros elengassen lived during the Upper Cretaceous (~74 millions years ago) in what is now the southern part of Chile and was between 1.8 and 2 metres; but was no taller than a big dog.

In the Ark, the Stegouros would be a evasive herbivore creature. It's passively tame by feeding it berrys, crops or Simple Kibble. While not being able to mount it, you can set the Stegouros to wander and it will farm fiber from plants and silex from rocks with its tail. The Stegouros are part of the small egg groupe.

Here's a picture of the Stegouros elengassen from Google. If I have time, I'll add a concept art of the Stegouros in the Ark.

Links:

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stegouros      Sci news: https://www.sci.news/paleontology/stegouros-elengassen-10348.html

image_10348_1e-Stegouros-elengassen.jpg

1 reply to this server topic

Was just about to add this when I saw this post.  This has quickly become my new favorite dinosaur and definitely needs more love, both adorable and awesome.  Below are my suggestions for roles and abilities for Stegouros:

Base Defender / Gathering Assistant

- Attacks Damage and Break Armor

- When Following a player or ridden tame a portion of gathered resources will be automatically transferred to the following Stegouros inventory (will not become encumbered). Reduced carry weight for wood, stone , and metal.

- Can be pet to grant the player the "Inspired Defense" buff which increases player defense and attack/ reload speed for a set amount of time.

Archived