Rhyniognatha The Sky Giga & Tuso / Flying-Water War Mount

DreadFrames

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this creature already has a lot of proposed abilities, but I had an idea similar to one of my previous suggestions on the other submissions. 

Since one of the proposed abilities is for this creature to produce a sap/honey/polymer type substance, I was thinking that since so many players play PVE, and cannot use grab, and carry functions against wild creatures, maybe instead of a grab, it could use an ability adjacent to the sap/honey/poly substance production, and launch organic nets, similar to, and as an alternative to the net gun. This could allow a player to net flying creatures to bring them down to the ground, or just for taming in general. This would give players another option for their trapping needs, and desires. Plus, I think it would be fun.

Edit: I just thought of the possibility that maybe if sap/honey/poly is too redundant for the game, maybe it could naturally produce silk, and that would explain the net ability. Or it produces both, and uses both together as ammunition for the nets. Similar to magmasaur using ingots for projectiles.

2nd Edit: while responding to the next post, I had the other idea to suggest a lasso mechanic as well. Since dragging wild creatures is possible in pvp, and pve, and maybe that same mechanic could be used to carry your tames, similar to how the grappling hook works. Your tame would just dangle from under this bug while it flies. I am just brainstorming ideas that are not just exclusively pvp, since us pve players cannot pick up wild creatures.

29 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

I know this creature already has a lot of proposed abilities, but I had an idea similar to one of my previous suggestions on the other submissions. 

Since one of the proposed abilities is for this creature to produce a sap/honey/polymer type substance, I was thinking that since so many players play PVE, and cannot use grab, and carry functions against wild creatures, maybe instead of a grab, it could use an ability adjacent to the sap/honey/poly substance production, and launch organic nets, similar to, and as an alternative to the net gun. This could allow a player to net flying creatures to bring them down to the ground, or just for taming in general. This would give players another option for their trapping needs, and desires. Plus, I think it would be fun.

rlly cool ideas but wildcard wil prob scrap all the abilities of chosen creatures anyway and only keep the creature .

41 minutes ago, DreadFrames said:

rlly cool ideas but wildcard wil prob scrap all the abilities of chosen creatures anyway and only keep the creature .

Indeed. I am sure wildcard will not keep all, or any ideas given. But the more ideas, and the better the ideas offered by the community, the better the chance we can influence what we get. Especially if the ability is possible/already in the game in some way. This is why I am suggesting the organic "net gun" idea. Not much needs to be changed to implement an already existing mechanic. The key is to let them know what mechanics we want, and that we think would be fun/added game play, and then they can do what they think is possible to get close to that idea.

So I encourage you to share as many ideas as you can on all the creature submissions. Who knows, maybe your idea inspires them, and is implemented in some way.

How does everyone know it won? Also, disappointing, but oh well. I expected to be disappointed, as apparently my view of what is cool/interesting is apparently not in line with most people's, as was shown by the "monke" winning, the desmodus was cool while not my first choice, but everyone's apparent obsession with giant bugs is beyond me.

My feature suggestions:

- big insect, flyer and mountable. Not annoying foot biting stupid ant
- breedable
- needs to have some gathering / special collect purpose
- any unique useful feature - for example extremely fast (for example twice faster than skiff)

and at last, but not least:

- make new map - imho paid are best option - with this creature

6 hours ago, katann77573 said:

grats - yay another bug, not my pick but oh well, I hope it dose some of the suggestions that is listed.

the only way  i could hate this creature if wildcard just makes it similar to a pt were it just flies and its abilitys aren't to good just average but i also dont wants it's abilitys to be to flashy for a good example thyla's there abilitys arent to flashy but still stand out compared to sabers 

Archived