Maip macrothorax- Ark's Endgame Megaraptor

Jurassic

Suggestion

1901237313_MaipmacrothoraxdossierreducedfilesizebyKasparHen.thumb.jpg.1e0519323ce35a6e1380188bc418a1d5.jpg
Ark Maip Dossier and Render done by KasparHen

Common Name: Megaraptor

Species: Maip macrothorax

Time: Late Cretaceous

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild:
Maip macrothorax is a unique dinosaur from the mysterious megaraptoran clade of theropods. Known for their large, scythe like claws, these predators use them with deadly efficiency - capable of shredding through any target they set their gaze on. Incredibly agile, these dinosaurs can rush their opponent with such force that they can temporarily stun surprisingly large opponents - most of the time making them exceptionally vulnerable to attack.

With a name meaning 'shadow of death', Maip is a dinosaur seen by few and utilized by fewer. If you are lucky enough to encounter one, these dinosaurs can be incredibly invaluable to any survivor who has tamed one.

Domesticated:

An interesting feature of Maip's claws is the fact that they can be repeatedly sharpened and if sharpened in certain ways, can gather various types of resources from their prey, and can double as giving the dinosaur different ways to damage prey or opponent alike.

I have met a survivor who owns a pair of Maip, (appropriately named 'Stabby' and 'Pokey') who uses these animals to aid him in traveling across the map and selling the various resources the dinosaurs can gather; mainly animal pelts, chitin and surprisingly - yet very rarely - organic polymer.

Overall, Maip is an invaluable dinosaur for any tribe in need of certain resources that in some cases can be fairly hard to come by. It also doubles as a powerful battle mount that can be used to quite literally tear through opponents.

Mapi.png

Abilities:

Primary Attack: A simple bite attack that deals a decent amount of damage.

Secondary Attack: Holding down right click will have the Maip rapidly swipe its claws.

X Key: Claw Sharpen - The Maip will sharpen its claws that will grant it different effects depending on what mode they’re in. These effects will apply to its claw swiping attack. The color on its finger claws and horns will change depending on what mode the Maip is in. This gives players a visual indicator as to what effect they currently have applied for the claw swipe attack.

Razor Claw (Red): Used for harvesting pelt and causes the Gnashed bleeding status when attacking.

Serrated Claw (Green): Used for harvesting hide and acts like the tek claws when attacking. This means its attack speed will increase with each successful hit landed.

Exhausting Claw (Blue): Used for harvesting keratin/chitin and causes stamina drain when attacking.

Piercing Claw (Yellow): Used for organic polymer harvesting and pierces through armor when attacking.

C Key: Rush Ability - Maip goes into a stance where its opens up its claws and gets ready to rush forward. You can slowly move and aim while in this stance. Upon hitting left click when in this stance, Maip will rush forward with a sudden burst of speed. Upon hitting a target that is Rex/Spino sized or below, it will stun them. A successful hit will also give the Maip a damage boost for 15-20 seconds. This ability goes on a cooldown once it has been used successfully.

Spacebar: Maip has the ability to jump upon pressing spacebar.

Left-Ctrl: An aesthetic roar that looks and sounds cool.

1200px-Maip_Size_Comparison.svg.png

Additional Information on the Real-life animal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maip

21 replies to this server topic

Wild 
Megaraptor is the largest species of Dromaeosaurid on the island this creature is larger than a Fully grown Carnotaurus and rivals creatures like the Allosaurus in size. yet in spite of it's size it didn't have to sacrifice speed it's light frame allows it to keep up with some of the fastest creatures on the island while also giving it some incredible jumping and climbing abilities similar to it's close relative on the island the Deinonychus. in addition the Megaraptor has a special gland that produces adrenaline at a rapid rate whenever the creature kills and feasts on raw meat it gains a massive speed increase I've even seen Megaraptor catch up to speed trained Gallimimus using this ability. the Megaraptor also possesses some of the deadliest weapons of any creature on the island it's 2 giant sickle claws are so powerful that they can bypass protective Armor and cause Immense Bleed damage  they also make perfect tools for slicing the perfect cuts of meat from prey animals allowing the Megaraptor to collect a large amount of raw prime meat. the Megaraptor is also immensely intelligent allowing it to hunt in packs of up to 4 individuals, use advanced hunting tactics as it can pounce on prey as a group in order to stun it this can even be done while the megaraptor is climbing a surface allowing it to catch flying creatures and even carry things in it's claws I often see groups of Megaraptors carrying their young in their arms 

Domesticated 
Taming a Megaraptor is no easy task as they don't respond to the classic Tranq and feed method the Megaraptor only seems to respond to being dominated a survivor must defeat it in a fight once it is low on health the raptor will cower in fear and will be passive enough to feed. once tamed the Megaraptor is a powerful and loyal mount that rivals many of the large predators on the island in terms of power while also massively outclassing them in speed. and when a pack of them arrive on the scene they are nearly unmatched in terms of combat ability the Megaraptor can also use it's high intelligence to help the tribe as it can pick up creatures and even other Survivors using it's claws and even use it's advanced hunting tactics to pin enemy creatures to the ground as a group this can even work on enemy flying creatures. 

Abilities
Heavy Bleed effect

Can pick up smaller creatures and players in it's claws

Pack boost

can Pounce similar to a Kapro but not as far and it can be done while the creature is climbing a surface 

can climb surfaces similar to the deinonychus

can harvest a large amount of prime meat using it's sickle claws

Can bypass player Armor using it's sickle claws 

Adrenaline buff that drastically increases movement speed, attack speed and healing speed for 30 seconds whenever the megaraptor kills and eats a corpse 

Can pin enemy creatures to the ground after pouncing on them this can even work on flyers and multiple Megaraptor can work as a group to pin a creature for longer

Taming method
get the Megaraptor to low health then feed it meat or kibble 

Megaraptor.webp

57 minutes ago, Aether202 said:

Megaraptor-Brett-Booth_40d2.jpg.35ccfb08fe38ccb53eafdfbb9c06b6b7.jpg

Megaraptor is a genus of large theropod dinosaur that lived in the age of the late Cretaceous. Despite its name megaraptor is not actually a raptor, but more closely related to tyrannosaurs.

The Megaraptor was powerful and an apex predator in its Era. The megaraptor was quiet small for a member of the tyrannosaur family. Only being about 8meters in length, but even with its size it was equipped with long claws attached to very powerful arm muscles it was also a very fast dinosaur. With its size and arsenal it has not been confirmed if it was a pack animal, but some people believe they were.

Ability 1. Tracker: being a member of the tyrannosaur family they had exceptional vision and smell being able to know where you are before you know where they are.

Able to sense the general direction of any creature and player.

this design looks really cool!!

I remember back in early 2017 I noticed there were a few creatures that had their name start with mega and there were also a few creatures that had raptor in their name and I thought it’d be funny if WC added a Megaraptor and to my surprise I looked it up and a Megaraptor actually existed and ever since then I had wished for it to be in the game

Maip Macrothorax 

With the 3/4 size of a rex and the mobility of a raptor, Maip is the Largest raptor in the world. With fearsome strong arms with long claws, its very dangerous battle with Maip, since the battle will leave big wounds even in bigger predators. Maip dont have a strong body to fight with big dinos directly but he uses his venomous mouth and bleed claws ability to hit n run your victins. 

Abilitys:

Jump and hit with claws: Hold botton to charge the jump and release to jump in front direction, causing 1.6 damage from the normal claw attack and inflicting 30 seconds of a powerfull poison that consum the stamina of the target.

Claw attack: hit the target with a powerfull hit from the claws. Inflict damage and causes 30 seconds of bleed damage that acumulate with every new hit, to stop the bleeding effect, is needed to use medicine or a owl. 

Stats:

Base healty: same as allo

Base damage: same as spino

Stamina: big pool of stamina allowing hit and run strategy and be safe of trouble.

Speed: high speed allowing hit and run.

Using the hit and run technick like a komodo lizard, Maip is able to  bite with venomous mouth ,drain all stamina of the victim and hit with the claws and run, the victim will slow dying losing blood and dont bein able to run since dont have stamina.

Screenshot_20230113-141933_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230114-093912_Chrome.jpg

In my personal opinion it would make more sense for it to have the ability to latch on with claws and restrain a large target similar to how they probably would've in real life rather than simply charge and stun but otherwise this is a great concept. Love the design too, looks very menacing while staying distinct and love the crests. Only addition I would make is perhaps give it some feathering seeing as this animal would've lived in a cold environment. Great stuff.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:22 AM, Jurassic said:

1901237313_MaipmacrothoraxdossierreducedfilesizebyKasparHen.thumb.jpg.1e0519323ce35a6e1380188bc418a1d5.jpg
Ark Maip Dossier and Render done by KasparHen

Common Name: Megaraptor

Species: Maip macrothorax

Time: Late Cretaceous

Temperament: Aggressive

Wild:
Maip macrothorax is a unique dinosaur from the mysterious megaraptoran clade of theropods. Known for their large, scythe like claws, these predators use them with deadly efficiency - capable of shredding through any target they set their gaze on. Incredibly agile, these dinosaurs can rush their opponent with such force that they can temporarily stun surprisingly large opponents - most of the time making them exceptionally vulnerable to attack.

With a name meaning 'shadow of death', Maip is a dinosaur seen by few and utilized by fewer. If you are lucky enough to encounter one, these dinosaurs can be incredibly invaluable to any survivor who has tamed one.

Domesticated:

An interesting feature of Maip's claws is the fact that they can be repeatedly sharpened and if sharpened in certain ways, can gather various types of resources from their prey, and can double as giving the dinosaur different ways to damage prey or opponent alike.

I have met a survivor who owns a pair of Maip, (appropriately named 'Stabby' and 'Pokey') who uses these animals to aid him in traveling across the map and selling the various resources the dinosaurs can gather; mainly animal pelts, chitin and surprisingly - yet very rarely - organic polymer.

Overall, Maip is an invaluable dinosaur for any tribe in need of certain resources that in some cases can be fairly hard to come by. It also doubles as a powerful battle mount that can be used to quite literally tear through opponents.

Mapi.png

Abilities:

Primary Attack: A simple bite attack that deals a decent amount of damage.

Secondary Attack: Holding down right click will have the Maip rapidly swipe its claws.

X Key: Claw Sharpen - The Maip will sharpen its claws that will grant it different effects depending on what mode they’re in. These effects will apply to its claw swiping attack. The color on its finger claws and horns will change depending on what mode the Maip is in. This gives players a visual indicator as to what effect they currently have applied for the claw swipe attack.

Razor Claw (Red): Used for harvesting pelt and causes the Gnashed bleeding status when attacking.

Serrated Claw (Green): Used for harvesting hide and acts like the tek claws when attacking. This means its attack speed will increase with each successful hit landed.

Exhausting Claw (Blue): Used for harvesting keratin/chitin and causes stamina drain when attacking.

Piercing Claw (Yellow): Used for organic polymer harvesting and pierces through armor when attacking.

C Key: Rush Ability - Maip goes into a stance where its opens up its claws and gets ready to rush forward. You can slowly move and aim while in this stance. Upon hitting left click when in this stance, Maip will rush forward with a sudden burst of speed. Upon hitting a target that is Rex/Spino sized or below, it will stun them. A successful hit will also give the Maip a damage boost for 15-20 seconds. This ability goes on a cooldown once it has been used successfully.

Spacebar: Maip has the ability to jump upon pressing spacebar.

Left-Ctrl: An aesthetic roar that looks and sounds cool.

1200px-Maip_Size_Comparison.svg.png

Additional Information on the Real-life animal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maip

I love it uwu I want to complement it with my own ecological vision of the animal, just in case you like it wild: every time I saw in the arks, the corruption and the power of the element I thought to myself "this is too much power for a simple and egotistical human"... and apparently I wasn't the only creature who thought like this... .

Maip is probably the perfect creature to explain how biology and natural adaptation could defeat technology, this dinosaur is immune and can even increase its ability to regenerate when in contact with all kinds of derivatives of the element, this peculiar adaptation was caused because Its native prey was contaminated by element in the arks, resulting in a perfect assassin with the ability to kill not only normal creatures, also all kinds of tek creatures (even corrupted ones) in the ark.

even if someone tries to replicate or emulate the damaging perfection of this creature with... I don't know, some hypothetical species of perfect feliform mutated animal? he or she could never come close to the lethal perfection of this animal, it is simply magnificent in a terrifying way.

maip is not only a terrible predator for organisms derived from the element, it is also an incredible ambush predator of all kinds of creatures in this strange ecosystem, and with its powerful claws it can defeat almost all animals that face its ferocity, I had the opportunity to see one of this when it put its claws on its prey, and fortunately I kept my distance, even today, I am sure of one thing, when a maip try to hunting a human, it will achieve it without problems, unless the human has a corrosive weapon above like poison bombs.

Tamed: Taming a Maip isn't easy, you need to immobilize corrupted or non-organic/tek dinos to gain the loyalty of this mighty beast, it's quite dangerous to get too close to the specimen in the process, because you're not off the menu. of this creature, but the retribution is incredibly great, many tribes in the arks tame the beast so that it is almost immune to weapons and tek structures, this creature is just a future perfect destroyer, and all weapons derived from tek level are useless against this creature, its native ability, terrible damage, and incredible stamina, plus its ambush attack, make the Maip a perfect medium-high level predator, that could kill the most powerful animals in the arks and to face our own species with our absurd and powerful enhanced technology and yes... due to its incredible adaptation it also has a pretty good defense against attacks from elements such as fire and ice attacks

u0ma3cv19el71.jpg

Aerosteon dossier by: Mammothor

Maip macrothorax

Maip macrothorax by: Teratophoneus on devianart

For the rush ability, maybe it could do a bleed since it rushes with its claws opened up. or it could latch on in some way to larger creatures like rexes and spinos and maybe sauropods. Carcharodontosaurus and Carnotaurus both supposedly hunted large sauropods when they were in packs, so this could do something similar

Megaraptor-Brett-Booth_40d2.jpg.35ccfb08fe38ccb53eafdfbb9c06b6b7.jpg

Megaraptor is a genus of large theropod dinosaur that lived in the age of the late Cretaceous. Despite its name megaraptor is not actually a raptor, but more closely related to tyrannosaurs.

The Megaraptor was powerful and an apex predator in its Era. The megaraptor was quiet small for a member of the tyrannosaur family. Only being about 8meters in length, but even with its size it was equipped with long claws attached to very powerful arm muscles it was also a very fast dinosaur. With its size and arsenal it has not been confirmed if it was a pack animal, but some people believe they were.

Ability 1. Tracker: being a member of the tyrannosaur family they had exceptional vision and smell being able to know where you are before you know where they are.

Able to sense the general direction of any creature and player.

Able to sniff out the general direction of explorer notes.

Ability 2. Pack Ability: The megaraptor with the long claws and strong forearms are quite formidable when alone. Able to cause extreme bleeding. But they are truly terrifying when in a pack. The pack UI should work a lot like a strategy game able to move and control how your megaraptors attack and defend, able to command then to follow running players, tames and wild creatures, attack in patterns or retreat, but you can only control them when on the back of the Alpha Megaraptor.

Ability 3. Guarding: When you have tamed a megaraptor, you can create a patrol path that an assigned megaraptor or megaraptors will follow and call out if a player or dino is found close to their patrol line.

Taming mechanics: The way you would tame a megaraptor or a pack of megaraptors is to first kill a dino and drag it to them when they sniff it and eat it you will have to do it a few more times depending on the level, once you gain their trust you must go on a hunt with them. The bigger the dino the more taming percentage. If a megaraptor is injured the taming effectiveness won't go down, but if a megaraptor is killed the taming effectiveness will go down a lot.

Additional Abilities: Able to destroy armor very quickly do to there claws.

Able to Farm wood, thatch and fiber.

Maip, named after a malicious being from Argentina, are a large genus of megoraptoran theropod dinosaurs with long arms tipped with razor-like claws, a serrated teeth and a barrel shaped torso, it lived during the Maastrichtian era of the late Cretaceous but it is unknown when exactly. It has no close relatives within the game currently, this isn’t helped by the fact that megaraptor remains are fragmentary, but it seems to be closest to tyrannosaurs. I want Maip to be in-game because it’s a very recent discovery and a very interesting Dino in general but with all of that stuff out of the way, here is the in-game concept:

In-game Name: Maip

Species: Maip (Insert Scientific name here: smth like Atrox)

Time: Late Cretaceous

Temperament: Territorial

Wild: Travelling in mated pairs and young, these dinos wander nomadically throughout the region they’re in and are highly aggressive to anything that might pose a threat to their family. Highly agile for a creature of their size, they can slash opponents if they get too close but this mostly seem relegated to any carnivore or anything aggressive. They seem to have an eye for shiny items such as certain armours, weapons and items but this is mostly practiced by the juveniles. 
Taming: 
These are very versatile tames but you have to tame them in a very unorthodox method; With shiny objects. If you’re either wearing a ghillie suit, iron or tek armour then you can get close to the family to give them any shiny object which will start the taming process until completion. If you decide to tame the baby, then you’ll be able to grow a young Maip if full imprints but the parents won’t be tamed unless you tame the highest level out of all of them, then you tame all three of them, but this’ll take a long time but maybe it’s worth it. 
Domesticated: Maip’s are very versatile tames, being able to pin down enemy mounts and players, cause intense bleeding and harvest thatch and meat with high efficiency but they have comparatively low health stats compared with other creatures similar to its size and a bloodlust meter that once filled will start attacking everything and everyone in the area, including fellow tribesmen. The bloodlust meter can be filled on how much bleed damage the Maip does to the opponent and when filled will increase attack, speed and stamina but also do all of the negatives that I just said and drain hunger and thirst. They need to be crafted their own saddles that can fit two people on and has extra storage space. Now it’s time for the Abilities:

Ability 1: Claw Swipes

This is self explanatory, it a claw swipe which is very similar to the one that is found on the Shadowmane but will apply bleed to the opponent and it can also harvest thatch and meat with more efficiency. This can also deal damage to thatch-iron structures. 

Ability 2: Locking Bite

This ability allows you to bite onto enemy close to or bigger than the Maip and not let go of the opponent causing slight ticking damage and allow either you or the other rise to get hits off

Ability 3: Pounce

This is a pounce which drains stamina but stuns either the rider or the Dino and also deal minor bleed damage, but this is only when your not Claw Swiping at the same time, when you Claw Swipe at the same time then you’ll cause major bleed damage and occasionally harvest meat off the Dino. 

Ability 4: Ground Slam

when your Claw Swipe combo finishes, you’ll be able to use this finisher to deal knockback and stun onto enemy mounts, and anything killed will immediately be harvested and will also deal increased damage to thatch-iron structures. 

Passive Abilities: Good Parent and Shiny Support

Good Parent is a passive ability where if you have a mated pair of Maips, then the eggs you have will hatch faster and when you imprint faster of babies

Shiny Support is another passive Ability where if you have a tamed Maip next to you, then the drop rate of pearls and metals will be increased slightly but the Maip cannot directly harvest the materials

962C2041-3A3B-41EB-BD07-35461E769063.thumb.jpeg.0cbc269d9cc139601149b1a76810b02d.jpeg

Archived