Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, JafarText said:

As much as I would love to see the bison, as it’s always had my vote since it was introduced in these creature submission polls, I think it would be fair to give the creature that was originally planned to be in the game before it was scrapped the win here. It sure beats having another theropod come to the game. I just hope that the popularity of the bison (by votes at least) allows it to be added to the game like the carchar was.

i hope so too because i like both of these creatures

On 1/16/2023 at 10:53 AM, droidcommander said:

So, We did it guys! We've reached the part of the vote where the people who voted for the Goat and Bison are now complaining about this beatiful stem-mammal, ignore these complaints and push on people!

It's not just a matter of complaining, it's an opinion, the whole community will have to swallow the creature that comes, so accept that not everyone wants something generic and repetitive.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, EDGYDROMAEOSAURID said:

Gorgonopsid is good I think it could potentially be good for PvP and I like how in detail with it but might I suggest giving it more behavioral Info it gives the creature a more lively feeling it's a relief from the submissions with so many abilities listed, it also immerses your creature more in the world of Ark, I guess with that it wraps up what I think about it I know you're not a PvP player so you can't do much on the Front but that's fine.

Gorgonopsid with Scanova's proposed abilities would be good for the game as a whole. It would fill a very nice gap and also offer variety in what people use for both PVP and PVE

3 hours ago, ShadowShadex said:

Can we have a dinosaur rather than another ravager/ sabertooth.

I'm actually a real fan of the variety that's been in the top votes so far. We already have enough dinosaurs to be perfectly honest, so I'm big fan of seeing a lot of people being fans of marine reptiles, mammals, pterosaurs, and more.

Gorgonopsid in particular is the only popular paleozoic creature right now, which is the least used of the 3 eras in terms of creatures. If gorgonopsid was added it'd also be one of the, like, only 4 other stem-mammals in the game: Moschops, Lystrosaurus, Dimetrodon, and Purlovia.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

My memory is a bit hazy on where we go from this stage after the 23rd hits. Was it top ten here and another round of voting after that point or we're the devs gonna pick from the top contestants?

The top 10 get taken from this submission stage which then goes to another public vote of the top 10.

You guys just have to beat the helicopter beetle. As of now. I will admit my top 2. Right now are the bastion beetle or the tyrant toothed crocodilomorph. But this might be my 3rd. I love the bastion and rhynios since it would be great to have a strong bug in ark. But I'll say I wouldn't even be mad if this one wins. Then again wildcard could pull a fast one on everyone and throw in like the entire top 5 or 10. We have no clue how many their pulling. 

On 1/16/2023 at 7:53 AM, droidcommander said:

So, We did it guys! We've reached the part of the vote where the people who voted for the Goat and Bison are now complaining about this beatiful stem-mammal, ignore these complaints and push on people!

2 minutes ago, GoobertFroobert said:

I can't believe we're about to lose the chance to have the Gorgonopsid in ark to a raptorin' BEETLE bruh. Come OOOOOOON man. 

This is only the first round of voting. So as long as it's in top ten the final numbers really doesn't matter. But it will still lose anyways. Go team beetle! 😂

You guys just have to beat the helicopter beetle. As of now. I will admit my top 2. Right now are the bastion beetle or the tyrant toothed crocodilomorph. But this might be my 3rd. I love the bastion and rhynios since it would be great to have a strong bug in ark. But I'll say I wouldn't even be mad if this one wins. Then again wildcard could pull a fast one on everyone and throw in like the entire top 5 or 10. We have no clue how many their pulling. 

On 1/16/2023 at 7:53 AM, droidcommander said:

Archived