Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

esta criatura esta tan op que desde la India hasta Latam me huele a un nerfeo masivo, pues esta demasiado op, hasta para mi que me gustan esa clase de cosas aparte de que para la victima sera tan enfadoso morir por este y que te rastre que simplemente dejara el server y si eso lo hacen en servers diferentes tendran a un jugador menos de la comunidad, tambien sus habilidades remplazan las del parasurio, Direwolf y criaturas medianas y pequeñas que generen sangrado, las unicas habilidades que salvaria seria la mordida para rastrear con mas eficacia y la detección de minas

This creature is so op that from India to Latam it smells like a massive nerfeo, because it is too op, even for me that I like that kind of things apart from the fact that for the victim it will be so angry to die for this one and that it tracks you that he will simply leave the server and if they do that on different servers they will have one

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, enderspy0007 said:

esta criatura esta tan op que desde la India hasta Latam me huele a un nerfeo masivo, pues esta demasiado op, hasta para mi que me gustan esa clase de cosas aparte de que para la victima sera tan enfadoso morir por este y que te rastre que simplemente dejara el server y si eso lo hacen en servers diferentes tendran a un jugador menos de la comunidad, tambien sus habilidades remplazan las del parasurio, Direwolf y criaturas medianas y pequeñas que generen sangrado, las unicas habilidades que salvaria seria la mordida para rastrear con mas eficacia y la detección de minas

This creature is so op that from India to Latam it smells like a massive nerfeo, because it is too op, even for me that I like that kind of things apart from the fact that for the victim it will be so angry to die for this one and that it tracks you that he will simply leave the server and if they do that on different servers they will have one

Being able to track doesn't make it OP. A scent hound can track a wild boar, doesn't mean the hound and the hunter can easily kill the boar. 

I had to use another account because I forgot the password but what I mean is a special skill that consists that if it kills you, it is able to track your current location, risking your location and that of your base

tuve que usar otra cuenta porque se me olvido la contraseña pero a lo que me refiero es una habilidad en especial que consiste que si este te mata, es capaz de rastrear tu ubicación actual, arriesgando tu ubicación y el de tu base

20 hours ago, CommandoEnderspy0007 said:

I had to use another account because I forgot the password but what I mean is a special skill that consists that if it kills you, it is able to track your current location, risking your location and that of your base

tuve que usar otra cuenta porque se me olvido la contraseña pero a lo que me refiero es una habilidad en especial que consiste que si este te mata, es capaz de rastrear tu ubicación actual, arriesgando tu ubicación y el de tu base

If a player kills you and you have a fjordhawk they can just follow the hawk to your base. As an aside there's supposed to be a limit to its range.

7 hours ago, AdlianaLim1 said:

meh we already got all those stuff in ark... good luck tho

There is absolutely nothing wrong with adding options. Especially when those options allow somebody to directly track very specific targets in an area as opposed to just making a noise and saying something max level is in the vicinity. This game will get very boring very quickly if everybody tames the exact same thing for the same job. If everyone had the same problematic attitude you got then we would never have gotten things such as the carchar. Why add that in when giga does something similar? Options. Why add in the thorny dragon when the beaver saddle acts like the smithy? Options. Why add in the basilisk when equus, pulminioscorpius and countless other tames have torpor inducing effects and the poison wyvern spits poison? Options. Why give the Gigantopithecus a TLC when ravager was already able to traverse zip lines and vines? Options. Having multiple creatures with similar or slight altered abilities allows players to distinguish themselves. To tame creatures that they want instead of what does what. Honestly arguing that something doesn't belong in the game just because another creature already does it is pointless and not a valid argument. 

9 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Anyone else find it odd that some of the submissions receive commentary that's just one word or just one letter? Now I'm not gonna say it's bots since joe and the other mods seem to have a grasp on that, but do people think number of comments = votes/popularity or something?

Not likely but I think people aren't likely to go past the third page seeking certain dinos.  So bumping or keeping a thread active might be a contributing factor. 

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Anyone else find it odd that some of the submissions receive commentary that's just one word or just one letter? Now I'm not gonna say it's bots since joe and the other mods seem to have a grasp on that, but do people think number of comments = votes/popularity or something?

No bots. People think they can bump these or by posting it does something for them.

It doesn't.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, SheudenFritz said:

1280px-Inostrancevia_latifrons_scale.png

This was believed to be the largest gorgonopsid. Definitely proof that God's post and draft buttons are way too close together. Fortunately for us they went extinct well before the dinosaurs even became a concept. As a adorable as this things looks with that derpy smile I think we can all agree it would turn its next victim into a statistic. In game I think this thing with Studio Wildcard taking liberties as they normally do with their creatures could probably make it a little bigger. It should be an early to mid game tame. Maybe instead of a saddle you could put a harness on it with different module attachments. One could be a auto turret powered by gasoline and consume rifle rounds for ammunition. Another module could be a sensor that shows things that are buried/hidden and explorer notes similar to a direwolf but instead would display this to any nearby tribemates maybe a radial option to extend this to tribe allies. 

Anyways so yea this was a creature that existed before dinosaurs. Its a synapsid just like Dimetrodon was. 

am i sensing some casual geographic ways of explaining?

11 hours ago, Orionz said:

am i sensing some casual geographic ways of explaining?

Funny you mention that. I read off my post to a friend of mine on discord and he made the comparison too. He had to send me a couple videos and I could not stop laughing. I personally watch curious archive but yea never watched his videos prior to posting that. 

On 2/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, maewinggozoom said:

sadly? we needed something like it bc if they take its ability to swim/ flly then we will have a flyer that can go everywere that isnt slow as hell 

Thats a matter we will have to agree to disagree. Imho Ark needs a creature that can hunt specific creatures. Hell the Nothosaurus would have been niche af but would still be useful. I'd even settle for the bison. My personal voting order from top to bottom was Gorgonopsid, Nothosaurus, Razana, Hatzeg, Giant Bison, Myotragus, cave lion, giant cheetah, overgrown mosquito, and then that beetle thing. 

But in all fairness the mosquito will probably be a far cry from what was suggested most likely not retaining any of its abilities and/or size. Either that or will get nerfed harder than the velonosaur. 

Archived