Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really sure if this is a cat or a dog. But I like its sensing abilities. Although we already have a taming tracker. I think it would be cool if it could somehow track your other tames. See I have this problem I keep forgetting to put the man-made tracker thing on my tames.  So, I use it and then something happens {I get booted out of the game due to bad connection a lot.} Then I die and I go to find my tame gone. I check the tribe log and it says nothing of death. But my tame is nowhere in sight. So maybe we need a tame that can track that creature down. Speaking of, totally love the idea of tracking bigger creatures and detecting ambush. Though I don't think it should have Thylo or Shadow's abilities. The Shadows already took the Thylo's spotlight.

9 hours ago, Dramisty said:

Not really sure if this is a cat or a dog. But I like its sensing abilities. Although we already have a taming tracker. I think it would be cool if it could somehow track your other tames. See I have this problem I keep forgetting to put the man-made tracker thing on my tames.  So, I use it and then something happens {I get booted out of the game due to bad connection a lot.} Then I die and I go to find my tame gone. I check the tribe log and it says nothing of death. But my tame is nowhere in sight. So maybe we need a tame that can track that creature down. Speaking of, totally love the idea of tracking bigger creatures and detecting ambush. Though I don't think it should have Thylo or Shadow's abilities. The Shadows already took the Thylo's spotlight.

It’s neither a cat or dog but a synapsid(proto-mammal) like the lystro, moschops and dimetrodon. Also synapsids aren’t reptiles, meaning dimetrodon is more closely related to a kangaroo than it is to spinosaurus.

On 1/25/2023 at 7:19 PM, Dramisty said:

Its neither. Its a synapsid. Basically it had traits and characteristics of both reptiles and mammals. This thing was one of the apex predators of the permian period if I am remembering this right. The largest gorgonopsid was the Inostrancivia. While it was roughly the size of a modern day florida gator (no not the football team) it is theorized to have been on land during its time what the mosa was during its time. 

This is my vote, although I hope they add torpor inducing to its bite because we need a better animal for that and not just use tek bows and tranq darts. Plus a mammal was the first venomous creature in history.  

https://www.wits.ac.za/future/stories/technology-confirms-theory-about-earths-oldest-venomous-species.html#:~:text=The results%3F,when it comes to venom).

36 minutes ago, armymp3728 said:

This is my vote, although I hope they add torpor inducing to its bite because we need a better animal for that and not just use tek bows and tranq darts. Plus a mammal was the first venomous creature in history.  

https://www.wits.ac.za/future/stories/technology-confirms-theory-about-earths-oldest-venomous-species.html#:~:text=The results%3F,when it comes to venom).

You're confusing gorgonopsids for the venomous therocephalians, which are a different group of stem-mammals.

I suggest with all the creature submissions that have a grapple, that the grapple be similar to a net gun. So The creature can do a short lunge to activate the grapple, and it will do the initial melee damage of the bite, but the damage stops there, unless more melee inputs are added by the rider. But after the grapple, the rider can dismount, and either attack, or tranquilize the victim. Maybe make the grapple only last as long as there is stamina, and maybe make the grappled creature unable to attack if only grappled, but do thrash damage if more melee inputs are added by the rider. This would be nice to use as an alternative to the net gun, and make it fun to hunt wyverns for crystal/milk by plucking them out of the sky, stopping a yuty from fearing you away if you have good timing, catching a maewing before it runs, or just simply having a really nice taming buddy... if you do not accidentally shoot your buddy in the face while it holds your prey.

Archived