Gorgonopsid: The Bloodhound of the ARK!

Scanova

I think a cool concept for a stem-mammal would be having it as mostly mammalian but with some clearly reptilian traits in the mix.

Like being covered mostly in fur but leaving out the underbelly and some other parts of the body covered in scales.

Or perhaps giving it some kidn of mild venom. Combined with it's *relativly* small size and sniffing abilitys, venom could problably make it an incredibly cunning creature. I see it using the venom as more of debuff then damage tool, making the gorgon act like a hybrid of travel-combat mount and a support debuffer, with it's attacks being something like:

LBM: stamina drain bite (similar to kapro)

Press RBM: claw swipe, reduces attack speed

Hold RBM: charge up a stunning swipe, the stun's duration depends on how long gorgon charges it (limit on 5s)

C Roar: the gorgon roars while spitting venom infused saliva, reducing the dmg of affected creatures by x %

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I have never seen a gorgeous in any game to date. If you guys put the gorganopsis in ark you will go down in history as Legends. Not only would you guys be the first to do this, no one would be able to mimic how badass you guys make it. So please do this for me, and if not for me do it for the fans do it for the legendary status. 

Sincerely:The ultimate gorgonopsis fanman

Despite its size, Gorgonops was an ambush predator, lurking behind natural cover, before ambushing its prey

This sound very nice.

I don't know if this was bring up before, but what if after sneaking on a prey some time he would have some kind of speed boost to catch the dino and attack boost to kill it quicker?

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for something other than another four-legged carnivore (like an aquatic creature, remember when those were getting added? Fun times), but the votes are very telling. I'm not gonna vote for this, I'm gonna be disappointed if it's chosen over something like the Livyatan or Seal (I have to agree about the bison being rather boring, although it would be cool to see the devs try to figure out a platform saddle that's a wagon), but I'll probably get over it once I see it in-game. May the best creature win.

3 hours ago, DABINGMONKEYBOY11 said:

A suggestion of an ability:  Possibly with the wounded bite, every time the gorgonopsid attacks the wounded enemy, it increases in damage with every hit.  If the kill was successful, it would have a "berserker" like affect like giga or carchara where damage is multiplied by a certain precent for a set amount of time (for example 30 seconds).  If there nothing is killed within that time peroid, the berserker mode goes away.

My thoughts on The gorgonopsid taming mechanics. It should be something like a noglin having to sacrifice smaller creatures like troodons and compys to tame this creature. To balance out the PVP part of it because I can see it being a problem if this is a KO tame. Also I think why it is wild it should not be able to be snuck up on due to its enhanced smelling abilities/even sense you with ghili. That should be enough to balance how useful this creature is to how hard it is to tame it.

I already commented about what suggestions I have for the abilities but I have suggestions on how it could look 1st is the jaguar coat, the gorgonopsid would have a coat that looks like a jaguar representing it's fierce personality and it's strong bite(Jaguars have the strongest bite force of all big cats) and to fit this look to tame it you will have to jump on its back and feed it some mutton, after feeding it enough mutton it will go into its next tame stage in where you will have to kill animals around you and after a tame bar is filled up you have yourself a tamed gorgonopsid. Look 2: The Badger look, the coat will have the look of a honey badger because badgers have a feisty and fearless attitude and it too will also fit with a part of the taming process, to begin with the taming process you will have to lure in the gorgonopsid with honey, the gorgonopsid will eat the honey and will trust you after 5 times of feeding, the next stage you will have to hunt other dinos with the gorgo (much like how coyotes and badgers hunt together) and after killing a few dinos the gorgonopsid will be yours. 

Screenshot_20230116-230048.png

Compress_20230116_230152_2190.jpg

Hola gente, sinceramente no esperaba que   una de mis criaturas favoritas  esta siendo apoyada para que aparezca en ark y es por eso que me gustaría aportar algunas ideas.

Sé que wildcard tiene que explicar por qué después de anunciar al carcha cómo el último dino de ark,ha tenido que retractarse y dar curso a esta votación,pero esto lo podemos aprovechar para expandir la historia de ark y que esto encaje.

Historia:

"Las criaturas ocultas de la reina de las Bestias"

Mucho tiempo antes de la aparición de Helena;las primeras tribus de la isla sufrieron ante muchas criaturas por su peligrosidad e incapacidad de poder ser domadas para ese entonces,es así que Mei Yin fue solicitada para poder acabar con este problema pero se encontró con seres muy particulares con los cuales de primeras no pudo y entonces decidió averiguar una forma mediante experiencias más cercanas.

images.jpeg.4f069d5a2d4087e4bb0df1ab18dcfc14.jpeg

No obstante,los líderes de las principales tribus al sentirse con miedo del poderío que podría alcanzar Mei Yin  con la obtención de estás bestias; decidieron cortar el lazo y armaron una casería con el fin de acabar con las especies más mortales o reducir su población.

Es así que los gorgonosidos fueron parte de las criaturas que fueron masacradas hasta casi su extinción,a razón de esto fue que la propia Mei junto con algunos aliados decidieron al menos capturar algunos ejemplares de la mayoría de los seres amenazados y los refugiaron ,con el fin de evitar su fin y darles una nueva oportunidad.

177889978_images(2).jpeg.f34c7ce59474f20f28fbb7f859213df6.jpeg

(Aquí podemos incluir que una de las criaturas que casi fue exterminada  fueron los gigas y carchas,así explicamos su baja respawn)

Informe:

Nombre: gorgonops 

Especie: gorgonops dominium (para ark)

Tiempo: Pérmico tardío.

Temperamento: extremadamente agresivo.

Apariencia: Sus rasgos físicos parecen las de un perro súper musculoso con un hocico larga con unos colmillos letales y complementando con patas delanteras que terminan en afiladas y poderosas garras.

404298874_images(1).jpeg.cfbdf0645f611560715d5e1dbeefb1bb.jpeg

Salvaje:

Estás criaturas suelen ser muy raramente avistadas e incluso se les considera como una leyenda de los desiertos y cuevas; se les menciona como fieras muy atroces en parejas ,son temerarios y no se asustan ante nada por lo cual cualquier criatura podría ser su presa.Su Temperamento es territorial agresivo en especial en la noche.

Stats lvl 1 (salvaje):

7500 HP,100dmg,las demás estadística son variables.

Domesticado:

Una criatura muy formidable y completa que deja a un thyla cómo un lindo gatito inofensivo.Los gorgonops presentan un muy rápida movilidad con un gasto casi ínfimo de energía,una mordida poderosa que puede ser mejorada y unas poderosas zarpas capaces de incapacitar(dejar huesos rotos) a cualquier cosa y una recuperación muy acelerada al comer carne podrida.

Stats lvl 1 (domesticado)

4500 hp(escala moderadamente),50 dmg( escala bajo) ,las demás estadística son variables.

Berserker 

Junto con todo esto,presenta un estado de locura cuando ruge, dónde obtiene  una mejora de daño del 80% y un aumento de resistencia al daño del 35% pero una vez entrado en este modo la criatura empezará ha acelerar su corazón a tal punto de autoinflingirse  daño ( esto vendría ser como una nueva mecánica) y tampoco podría curarse.

Habilidad de desgarre:

Cómo los deinonychus ,un gorgonops berserker  puede aferrarse a criaturas más grandes que el pero cuando ataca empieza va arrancar trozos de carne de su víctima viva( realiza daño en base a golpes por porcentaje de la vida y de este modo puede acabar incluso con los máximos depredadores que existen)

Visión calorífica,olfateo y recolección.

Al ser sinapsidos presentan un buena percepción de las ondas calorífica con lo cual permite ver en la mayor oscuridad,su olfato es fenomenal con lo cual puede detectar criaturas enemigas de gran tamaño al igual que notas de explorador,estos expertos cazadores son buenos con la carne ,la sabia, madera y pieles.

Silla:

Su sillin permite que en jinete no pueda ser desmontado,incluso con la red no es más que una mordida para liberarse.Por otro lado este aditamento trae  consigo un pequeño lugar de conserva y con la cual puedes pedir que tu nuevo fiel y loco amigo permita cortar las carnes para volverlas en exquisitos cortes de primera calidad.

Domesticación/doma:

Una criatura tan poderosa no necesita que de uno le de caricias, sino que uno le muestre respeto y confianza.Es por eso que la forma de tameo es explosiva  y consiste en darle con explosivos para dormirlo y una vez inconsciente  darle de comer en la boca los quisquillosos gustos que van de todo tipo de carnes,savia,kibbles,miel y setas(esto es aleatorio)

Una vez completada la barra de domesticación necesitaras colocar la montura para al fin obtenerlo.Este tameo es realmente un reto por lo mortífero del animal y  su inmunidad a los narcóticos  tras ser derribado.

Lo que busco con esto es dar una criatura que realmente busque dejar parte del abuso de los shadowmane  y el tema de las redes, también dar un ser útil y que no solo quede como para decorar una semana las casas y nunca más volver a usar y lo principal es que permita que en los servidores los jugadores más casuales permitan defenderse de mejor manera de los abusos de dinos de transferencia.

Porque crean que es horrible ver qué de la nada aparece un giga supermutado de 50 k de hp y un daño exagerado pasear y simplemente apoderarse de otro servidor.

7 minutes ago, Saltyarbiter said:

I already commented about what suggestions I have for the abilities but I have suggestions on how it could look 1st is the jaguar coat, the gorgonopsid would have a coat that looks like a jaguar representing it's fierce personality and it's strong bite(Jaguars have the strongest bite force of all big cats) and to fit this look to tame it you will have to jump on its back and feed it some mutton, after feeding it enough mutton it will go into its next tame stage in where you will have to kill animals around you and after a tame bar is filled up you have yourself a tamed gorgonopsid. Look 2: The Badger look, the coat will have the look of a honey badger because badgers have a feisty and fearless attitude and it too will also fit with a part of the taming process, to begin with the taming process you will have to lure in the gorgonopsid with honey, the gorgonopsid will eat the honey and will trust you after 5 times of feeding, the next stage you will have to hunt other dinos with the gorgo (much like how coyotes and badgers hunt together) and after killing a few dinos the gorgonopsid will be yours. 

Screenshot_20230116-230048.png

Compress_20230116_230152_2190.jpg

Maybe there could be different types of gorgonopsids on each story map like a desert gorgonopsid for scorched earth, A subterranean gorgonopsid for aberration and for all the other maps

How would you tame it?

It could probably be tamed like the Carcha, but instead of killing everything after it's gotten a friendship meter from bodies, you hunt down the creatures that the Gorgonopsid you're trying to tame likes to eat. It could range from dodos all the way up to mammoths and present some challenges while taming.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:53 AM, droidcommander said:

So, We did it guys! We've reached the part of the vote where the people who voted for the Goat and Bison are now complaining about this beatiful stem-mammal, ignore these complaints and push on people!

Yeeeeeeah boi, voting for the goat or bison would be like how people voted for dinopithecous but was forgotten the micromosecond it was added to the game because it was lame and useless

I really like the idea of giving the gorgonopsid a tracking/hunting ability. Here is a extra suggestion:

Ability: A scent for blood. Placing/equipping a tribute  or egg in the gorgonopsid inventory  allows  selective tracking. Not only will it pin point ( similar  to the parasaur alarm) the nearest creatures  attributed by the corresponding tribute but will also receive  a increase damage  and resistance (maybe a bleed or a slow) vs  such creature, allowing the collection of  twice the amount of tribute dropped.  That  said  if a Specimen Implant was to be placed in the gorgon's inventory...it could  potentially track where your enemies dwell.

PS: We also really need  something to do with extra tributes  and specimen implants.

Gorgonopsid is good I think it could potentially be good for PvP and I like how in detail with it but might I suggest giving it more behavioral Info it gives the creature a more lively feeling it's a relief from the submissions with so many abilities listed, it also immerses your creature more in the world of Ark, I guess with that it wraps up what I think about it I know you're not a PvP player so you can't do much on the Front but that's fine.

• OnCue changed the title to Gorgonopsidae Tracking/stalking/sneaking ability

Archived