desmodus and griffin counter 🦈ARAMBOURGIANIA-THE SWIMMING FLYER-PVP/PVE TAME🐟

EDGYDROMAEOSAURID

Suggestion

IMG_20230115_235010-1.thumb.jpg.18e04e75428d0dca4aecf280436beadf.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-13-23-30-36-61_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.thumb.jpg.d17bf83a4a9d60ab30e7d5b9e6d1b208.jpg

Top Pic: By Me! Official Concept for Arambourgiania 

HE'S BIG, HE'S BAD, AND HE LIKES HIS FISH

While you're Checking this check out some other lovely submissions!!!!: Shunosaurus ,Dracovenator, Sauroposeidon,Anzu, Mei-long,Muttaburrasaurus, Attercopus, Suchomimus And Tylosaurus to name a few

HISTORY:

Arambourgiania while very hard to pronounce, is one of the biggest Pterosaurs only being outclassed by Hatzegopteryx and the Quetzal in weight, it was found in 1940 by Camille Arambourg by chance in Jordan (A middle Eastern Country), it's name means In honor of Arambourg, ofcourse referring to Camille, it probably would have had a wingspan of over 7 feet (23 feet) some estimates putting it around 12 feet. It lived in the Late Cretaceous and while it is an incomplete specimen based on other Pterosaurs we'd assume it would have a pretty close lifestyle to Marabou Storks or Shoebills.

TRAITS/MAIN POINTS:

It will stand slightly taller than a rex just enough to overtower it, it would obtain an upright position 

It's a Swamp and Desert spawn Spawning near lakes and rivers

Similar health stat to wyverns

While Desmodus,Griffins, and Pts may be very maneuverable and fast Arambourgiania's long reaching neck will make it difficult for the opponent to get out of it's reach

Two person saddle, With an attached pair of Aviator goggles for your Arambourgiania, adds to the design and it's locative ability 

A Design inspired by the lovely Kingfisher,Cormorants and Heron 

A good competitor to wyverns being around the same weight class

DOMESTICATION AND PVE/PVP ABILITIES:

Able to gallop on land, the more it gallops the faster it's liftoff will be so I would recommend getting a pretty big area (I think it would be nice if it's liftoff and flight was dramatic too, almost like you're flying a plane)

Prime fish gatherer

Able to swim underwater!! (Like various seabirds)

It can Locate underwater tames through the use of a radar

Can carry multiple smaller tames for transport and for harvesting (weight class troodon and below,5 at a time) in its mouth 

With it's swimming capability it can say semi submerged and create almost a mini whirlpool to drag creatures down with it into the depths (doesn't do any damage and is NOT a stun)

It can go into a glide state over large bodies of water and slowly regain stam (not as good as regaining stam on land but makes it good for those tough moments where you have to stop for stam when you're traveling and fighting stam-draining tames)

Can Strike targets with an absolutely devastating dive spear attack (it's special attack) on either land or in air takes a few seconds to build but has a high damage output and is effective against armor

Aram has two forms of attacks it's bite and headbutt (both are the same attack) while not anything special like the spear and doesn't have as high of a damage output, it's quicker and it's main form of attacking besides It's spear.

Can glide and dive sideways (it's dive is nowhere near as fast as Desmodus and Griffins. It's for maneuverability, escape and getting hits on your attacks)

Can spear or swallow Anything below para class with low health.Swallowing will give it a health boost!

It Will not be targeted by Cnidaria (this is a new ability I decided to give it for Practically if you don't like it I can change it just submit it in my comments I read every one),To ark apparently Cnidaria have fantastic eye sight, but to keep the sake of the creature being practical I'm doing this, because of t's large size and similar look to plesiosaurs underwater it's not targeted. If you attack maybe the traditional Ammonite or Basilosaurus it will be an issue however 

Pretty maneuverable and fun to ride PVP Creature while also being nice for PVE!

NATURE:

Similarily to Herons and Storks this Azdharchid prefers to be solitary, they establish themselves into small territories and are territorial towards carnivores, even being territorial amongst themselves! They'll actively hunt for fish in the wild expanding to farther areas if they can't find enough food, During nesting Alpha Male Arambourgiania will be on the prowl for invaders, while the Female takes the time to rest and keep her eggs warm. Arambourgiania will spear fish in the wild, playing the waiting game and using different techniques to attract fish!

TAMING METHOD:

You'd have to gain the trust of the egg bearing female by dropping by and feeding it fish (doesn't have to be a certain sized fish), then after you can help the mother  build her nest, the more materials the more it'll incubate and the females trust meter will go up,don't worry about any predators nearby if trust is built enough the female will defend you from them, but you need to make sure to make the nest picture perfect, the Arambourgiania will make subtle remarks to where the materials should go,when finished the female will give you approval to care for the eggs, Be careful though the Alpha male does the occasional fly by to check on any intruders , so you gotta play a little game of hiding! (The Alpha Male Aram is an indicator to tell if eggs have been respawned instead of searching for them down below)

SIDENOTES:

I don't want this to be another Quetzal

If anything I want it to encourage a Quetzal TLC Quetz will be the sky base and Siege while Aram will be a Wyvern class brawler  if anything, I'd like it if we can have another big flying tame to contest because that's oddly specific to wyverns

I will give in-depth stats soon

It will not have a platform saddle, I want to keep this separate from Quetzal

It's glide and dive mechanics are not that fast much slower than a Griffin and can't be used as an attack, they're just a meer boost in maneuverability, the dive will make it slightly faster than average and the glide will keep you from losing stam as fast

I'll be making an official dossier, Redesign,Concept art, and Saddle for this creature tomorrow!

24 replies to this server topic

On 1/14/2023 at 1:43 AM, aR0y2810 said:

A case of a far too bloated creature if you ask me, give it only the fish, spear and semi aquatic part and I will like it. The stun, glide, dive, pounce immunity are unnecessary and make it far too OP

bear in mind that, should this even be the winner, all the abilities may not be added/there could be new ones

13 hours ago, EDGYDROMAEOSAURID said:

Screenshot_2023-01-13-23-30-36-61_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.thumb.jpg.d17bf83a4a9d60ab30e7d5b9e6d1b208.jpg

By Keenan Talyor on Illustrated Menagerie (Arambourgiania depicted on the left)

HE'S BIG, HE'S BAD, AND HE LIKES HIS FISH

HISTORY:

Arambourgiania while very hard to pronounce, is one of the biggest Pterosaurs only being outclassed by Hatzegopteryx and the Quetzal in weight, it was found in 1940 by Camille Arambourg by chance Jordan (A middle Eastern Country), it's name means In honor of Arambourg ofcourse referring to Camille, it probably would have had a wingspan over 7 feet (23 feet) some estimates putting it around 12 feet. It lived in the Late Cretaceous and while it is an incomplete specimen based on other Pterosaurs we'd assume it would have a pretty close lifestyle to Marabou Storks or Shoebills.

In Game:

It will stand slightly taller than a rex still enough to overtower it, won't stand as low as the Quetzalcoatlus with it's hunched over position It's a Swamp and Desert spawn,Able to gallop on land the more it gallops the more fast it's liftoff will be so I would recommend getting a pretty big area to get a good liftoff (I think it would be nice if it's liftoff and flight was dramatic too almost like you're flying a plane, in terms of abilities and features:

It can Locate underwater tames through radar

Prime fish gatherer

Able to swim underwater

Can carry lots of smaller tames in it's mouth

It has a slimmer platform saddle than the Quetzalcoatlus making it have a less hefty and overburdened design and a more slim combat oriented animal

Can go into a glide state over large bodies of water and slowly regain stam (not as good as regaining stam on land)

Higher health stat than wyverns but it's normal bite doesn't have higher damage output

Can Strike targets with an absolutely devastating dive spear attack on either land or in air takes a few seconds to build but  has a very good effect against dino armor,Aram also has a has a headbutt while it has a lower damage output and is faster to build works the same way in that you charge it up,it will disoriente enemies causing them to get a little dizzy.

While Desmodus,Griffins, and Pts may be very manuevarable and fast  Arambourgiania's long reaching neck will make it difficult for the opponent to get out of it's grasp 

Can glide and dive sideways 

Can spear or swallow Anything below para class with low health , Swallowing will give it a health boost 

Beautiful colors (I'll make concept art soon showing this off)

Looks great in the wetlands and Desert environments 

Pretty maneuverable and fun to ride, Can glide and Dive

They actively fish in the wild wait long enough and you'll see one preying on fish

I need then

On 1/15/2023 at 1:17 AM, EDGYDROMAEOSAURID said:

Please leave suggestions I want to make this A balanced creature 

Please forgive me Ridly43290 I don't know how to get rid of this quote above my head but I did add your saddle suggestion the saddle information is there now too! Once I do my concept art I'll show you the saddle in it's entirety 

Archived