Suggestion

1403_kronosaurus_felipe_arias.thumb.jpg.632397fcb1b297345751a18d9d55b7e4.jpgSpecies: Kronosaurus queenlandicus.              Time: Early Cretaceous                                          Diet: Carnivore/Piscivore.                                      Temperament: Aggressive 

Wild: Kronosaurus queenlandicus is a large underwater predator found in the ocean however it is not in the deepest parts, preferring the open ocean, where it hunts Megalodons, Leedsicthtys, and rafts. Similar in size to the fearsome and rare Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus has a much stronger bite due to it's massive jaws. These jaws are strong enough even to break metal! This adaptation prevents most tribes from building on or near the water. And yes, I mean near the water. Kronosaurus has a strange adaptation that allows it to hunt land creatures and flying creatures, it's flippers are powerful enough for it to jump into the air or crawl a decent distance on land to attack terrestrial and flying creatures. It is capable of surviving on land for about 20 hours and can drag itself on land at a decent 15 mphs making formidable predator to face, causing most to fear it. 

Tamed: When trained by any tribe Kronosaurus queenlandicus becomes one of the most dangerous creatures on the Ark, with it's massive body allowing it to take quite the punishment and it's massive power allowing it to break into full on fortresses. Pair all that with it's versatility, and you have one hella terrifying battle mount. However Kronosaurus has one more trick up it's sleeve, it produces a quickly drying slime that can be used as a natural polymer! Based on my studies, my guess is that this slime is used as a natural protection, keeping it from being burnt by the sun. This thick slime also prevents it from being shocked by Jellyfish. Oddly enough the saddle also gives the rider oxygen. When tamed by tribes these creatures are capable of turning bases built with metal into scrapyards. This massive amount of power allows them to scrap with rexes and even Gigas! Pretty shocking considering this things spends most of it's time in the ocean. This means they are a capable raiding creature.

20 replies to this server topic

On 1/14/2023 at 1:58 AM, Batzgaming said:

1403_kronosaurus_felipe_arias.thumb.jpg.632397fcb1b297345751a18d9d55b7e4.jpgSpecies: Kronosaurus queenlandicus.              Time: Early Cretaceous                                          Diet: Carnivore/Piscivore.                                      Temperament: Aggressive 

Wild: Kronosaurus queenlandicus is a large underwater predator found deep in the lake, however it is not in the The Abyss, preferring the main lake, where it hunts Megalodons, Leedsicthtys, and rafts. Similar in size to the fearsome and rare Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus has a much stronger bite due to it's massive jaws. These jaws are strong enough even to break metal! This adaptation prevents most tribes from building on or near the water. And yes, I mean near the water. Kronosaurus has a strange adaptation that allows it to hunt land creatures and flying creatures, it's flippers are powerful enough for it to jump into the air or crawl a decent distance on land to attack terrestrial and flying creatures. It is capable of surviving on land for about 20 hours and can drag itself on land at a decent 15 mphs making formidable predator to face, causing most to fear it. 

Tamed: When trained by any tribe Kronosaurus queenlandicus becomes one of the most dangerous creatures on the Ark, with it's massive body allowing it to take quite the punishment and it's massive power allowing it to break into full on fortresses. Pair all that with it's versatility, and you have one hella terrifying battle mount. However Kronosaurus has one more trick up it's sleeve, it produces a quickly drying slime that can be used as a natural polymer! Based on my studies, my guess is that this slime is used as a natural protection, keeping it from being burnt by the sun. 

Note:THIS IS MEANT TO BE A VALGUERO EXCLUSIVE 

I think it'd be cool if it had it's own Unique Saddle and not just a basic saddle or platform saddle

On 1/14/2023 at 10:37 AM, Allystonia said:

I agree with this suggestion as with all of the new items given to us it has made the game a little too easy. They have added many land animals over the course of the game and expansions, But we need a new threat in the water. Something to spice things up a bit for people like me that have over 10k hours in the game and getting quite bored with taming the same things over and over. Honestly, the fear of this thing destroying my base, which is directly on a beach with a beautiful boathouse to boot, creates a situation that I want to say NOOOOO. But that is what this game was about at the start. Surviving! 

im sorry but 10k hours in pve doesn't mean nout get 10k in pvp then talk

I agree with this suggestion as with all of the new items given to us it has made the game a little too easy. They have added many land animals over the course of the game and expansions, But we need a new threat in the water. Something to spice things up a bit for people like me that have over 10k hours in the game and getting quite bored with taming the same things over and over. Honestly, the fear of this thing destroying my base, which is directly on a beach with a beautiful boathouse to boot, creates a situation that I want to say NOOOOO. But that is what this game was about at the start. Surviving! 

4 minutes ago, EishKrooked said:

This thing should get temporal powers, idk maybe teleporting like the enforcer or space whale. Heck why not a time slowing bubble around it that can freeze creatures and projectiles!!! Something original!!!!

I was thinking about giving it the ability to shoot liquid nitrogen and freeze things but I wanted to still feel like a real life creature

The ARK oceans suck and are too small on many maps, including Valguero, the only map this could legitimately be on is Gen1, Gen2 and Fjordur. Besides that, how are you gonna control the jump, does it lock onto a target? If it doesn’t it’s extremely hit or miss, mostly miss. It simply seems like a Mosa but stronger, not a rival by any means. The only good thing I can say is the polymer production, it’s unique at least

I think we do need more aquatic tames but this one feels like a competitor to the mosasaur without being "niche-y" persay I'd like for Kronosaurus to be it's own thing rather than the mosasaur rival you know? more abilities would help I was thinking maybe it could be a semi bottom dweller, maybe instead of the metal crushing (cause water bases aren't gonna be big as land bases) it's fairly slow but can have a similar thing to the rhino or bear where overtime it speeds up and it will increase it's damage output either that or it can have a sharpening teeth function on shells and chitinous creatures and what not (giving people more reason to go find ammonites, trilos and eurypterids,)

On 1/13/2023 at 5:58 PM, Batzgaming said:

Wild: Kronosaurus queenlandicus is a large underwater predator found in the ocean however it is not in the deepest parts, preferring the open ocean, where it hunts Megalodons, Leedsicthtys, and rafts. Similar in size to the fearsome and rare Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus has a much stronger bite due to it's massive jaws. These jaws are strong enough even to break metal! This adaptation prevents most tribes from building on or near the water. And yes, I mean near the water. Kronosaurus has a strange adaptation that allows it to hunt land creatures and flying creatures, it's flippers are powerful enough for it to jump into the air or crawl a decent distance on land to attack terrestrial and flying creatures. It is capable of surviving on land for about 20 hours and can drag itself on land at a decent 15 mphs making formidable predator to face, causing most to fear it. 

Tamed: When trained by any tribe Kronosaurus queenlandicus becomes one of the most dangerous creatures on the Ark, with it's massive body allowing it to take quite the punishment and it's massive power allowing it to break into full on fortresses. Pair all that with it's versatility, and you have one hella terrifying battle mount. However Kronosaurus has one more trick up it's sleeve, it produces a quickly drying slime that can be used as a natural polymer! Based on my studies, my guess is that this slime is used as a natural protection, keeping it from being burnt by the sun. This thick slime also prevents it from being shocked by Jellyfish. Oddly enough the saddle also gives the rider oxygen

You don’t think this looks too close to the Liopleurodon?  

I was going to vote for this one, because of the impact of “Walking with dinosaurs” had on me, still love it.  However, I think that was the Liopleurodon that was depicted in that and may have been depicted too large.  Anyway, after looking into the creature in Ark, they have Lio in Ark and this specimen, is fantastic, looks like the Lio.  They would just be adding a bigger Lio, in terms of appearance.  I do want a lot more variety in Ark’s waters, but having these two species look too similar, doesn’t satisfy that.

2 minutes ago, SciDraco said:

You don’t think this looks too close to the Liopleurodon?  

I was going to vote for this one, because of the impact of “Walking with dinosaurs” had on me, still love it.  However, I think that was the Liopleurodon that was depicted in that and may have been depicted too large.  Anyway, after looking into the creature in Ark, they have Lio in Ark and this specimen, is fantastic, looks like the Lio.  They would just be adding a bigger Lio, in terms of appearance.  I do want a lot more variety in Ark’s waters, but having these two species look too similar, doesn’t satisfy that.

E91AB090-39D9-42A7-A884-C75130238492.jpeg

Archived