Hatzegopteryx- The lord of the skies

Kintyj

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same idea, I was thinking it could fly very high up, and when it dives down to attack your tame will get the 'unsettled' buff, where it will be difficult to control, and sort of warn you of its presence.

It could be tamed by jumping from above, and flying it to the ground, where you are able to feed it before it takes off again. The more tamed it is, the longer it will stay down, and eventually you finish by hunting with it.

The Hatzegopteryx is a pterosaur similar in size to the Quetzal but bigger

Information

• The Hatzegopteryx will be an aggressive dino that will attack any survivor it sees
  • The Hatzegopteryx is gonna be a passive tame and you will use cooked prime meat jerky
  • The Hatzegopteryx will attack survivors unless they are using bug repellent
  • The Hatzegopteryx attacks all flying dinos in its range
  • The Hatzegopteryx never lands similar to the Quetzal

After Tamed

• The Hatzegopteryx can be ridden without a saddle
  • The Hatzegopteryx has 2 saddles
  • The Hatzegopteryx first saddle is made in the smithy and allows more survivors to ride the Hatzegopteryx
  • The Hatzegopteryx second saddle is made in the fabricator and allows you to put grenades and C4 into its inventory that you can shoot whenever you want
  • The Hatzegopteryx will have 3 attacks the first is a bite, the second is a roll attack similar to the Pteranodon but it will slow down the Hatzegopteryx instead of giving it a boost, the third attack will be a wing flap attack the same as the wyverns but it won't harvest thatch
  • If the Hatzegopteryx has a fabricated saddle it can drop grenades and C4 below it
  • If the Hatzegopteryx has a fabricated saddle it can have gasoline placed into its inventory allowing you to shoot grenades and C4 forward toward your targets

Photos

image.jpeg.1b0acd9dc811f5d00d30b124b25f0752.jpegimage.jpeg.2362c8ae7dd9600d39725012594093be.jpegimage.jpeg.ee3d0e9e8069e8c6457f477a7b1c7635.jpegimage.jpeg.7f7d17d71d2b839e4d3ada59bbe009b8.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatzegopteryx

January 15 2023 3:41 am 52°F.
im so depressed the dog is winning (gorgonops) i can NOT believe that this community is voting for such a horrible animal in the whole history of my no grass, no sunlight, no life, career of this game so far, this is ass what is wrong with people nowadays...

Im Very interested in the mechanic of bombing, hopefully it does notable damage to structures, because thats mainly the purpose of bombing (?). and a small mechanic for bombing, should have 2 modes, 1 where the damage is increased against structures, and the other one for creatures and those stuff, just like there were different types of bombs in real life, for different purposes. For this, it should have 2 ammo type, grenades and probably c4s, i was thinking on c4s being the ones that have better damage against structures, "nobody will use it". so it should be cost efficient, either dropping many c4s with only 1 consumed, or increased damage for each one, everything else is cool.

Hey! Arambourgiania dude here, since we're both Azdharchid chaps, maybe we can credit each other I get more votes on yours you get more votes on mine? Ours are pretty similar except yours is a bomber and terrestrial, mines a giant spear and more Aquatic? And If my vote doesn't do well towards the end you can use some of my abilities for your own

It's a wonderful idea I have no complaints. I got no ideas for the dive attack because biologically they would be heavy with hollow bones. If they dive from a high altitude they would severely wound or kill themselves. Also I much prefer this comes than the goat or bison. Some more unique dinos and taming methods are what are needs.

1 hour ago, EDGYDROMAEOSAURID said:

Hey! Arambourgiania dude here, since we're both Azdharchid chaps, maybe we can credit each other I get more votes on yours you get more votes on mine? Ours are pretty similar except yours is a bomber and terrestrial, mines a giant spear and more Aquatic? And If my vote doesn't do well towards the end you can use some of my abilities for your own

I do want yours to get in the top 10 as that would double to odds of getting a bada** Pterosaur .... but i also dont want to tell people what to vote for.

The sky is the only place in ark that is relatively empty: we need more flying creatures.

>>> HATZEGOPTERYX <<<

> Diet:

• Carnivore

> Temperament:

• it depends (see the wild section)

> Appearance:

• The male is the size of a paracer. Females are a bit smaller:

hatzegopteryx.jpg.47af93524961002f6709301d4fd5b58f.jpg

• The male has very bright colors unlike the females:

> Wild:

• General: Hatzegopteryx migrate regularly, in groups (like cranes), from one end of the map to the other. When they arrive at their destination, they land and live peacefully, eating small to medium sized prey (not bigger than a Carno). They are the herd of the air and when they land, you better get prepared...
  •  Male: extremely territorial / aggressive. You approach a female, it's death! He will chase you out of the herd and if you insist too much, he will attack you, until the death of one of you.
  • Female: neutral. If attacked, it attack you back if you are alone or on a small/medium mount. They flee if you are on a big mount but always try to come back to the male. When the male is killed, females leave the harem and become solitary and aggressive.

> Domesticated:

• General: Both male and female are able to fly quickly. They are impressive and are able to go into a "glide mode"  that drastically reduce their speed but their stamina is very slowly consumed. They can thus stay in the air for a long time.
  • Female: It is a rather pve oriented mount: platform +crafting option saddle, farm stone and metal with its beak, and raw prime meat etc. Thus, there is no more need to carry anky with an argentavis and you can still farm with a dino instead of using the new tek gears.When it attacks fish, small creatures etc. Left click : beak hit, Right click : wings slap to farm (like wyverns) / grab allies when flying, C key:  boost for male: increase damage and stamina (the effects add up: having several females can considerably boost a male so the more females you get, the better it is), X key : dive to the ground (a bit like the griffin)
  • Male: warrior mount and fast... Seeing other comments, why not a "warrior saddle for bomber mode". It looks like and feels like the Toruk from Avatar.toruk.thumb.jpg.449d76c1c6d0cf61315f41f588b84831.jpg
  • Left click:  hit with its beak, Right click: it grabs the target and keeps it in its beak for 3 seconds before releasing it (inflicts bleeding damage), C key: encouraging / fearing roar (like the yuti but not as powerful), X key: dive to the ground
  • Hatzegopteryx2.png.7481de557696c48e8eeedbe09f2cbc63.png

> Taming:

• Female: old method with tranqs (unless you have a better idea)
  • Male: same as for taming the Toruk (Similar to the Equus or the voidwyrm): You have to approach him from the top or behind to mount it and then you have to tame it but he will try to eject you. the bigger the harem of the male, the more difficult it will be to tame him.

Wild:

The Hatzegopteryx is a big pterosaur, the size of a girafe. It looks almost like a quetzal except its neck is longer and it stands more vertically. It's a pretty slow animal, wich lives on small islands. It generally hunts small preys, wich it swallows all entire, but it can sometimes attack a parasaur or a phiomia. It almost never lands by itself, except if it's getting tranquilized. When attacked by a single small creature ( including a human), it will fight back, but if the creature is bigger or accompanied, or if the human is riding a creature, it will flee on a short distance.

Taming:

To tame it, you have to bring it to the ground, either by using chain bola or inflicting it half its max torpor, wich will make it land by himself. Once on the ground, it will only walk, except if its health falls under half its maximum ( if he gets attacked ). Once it is walking, you can feed it corpses ( including fishes) that are smaller than a human ( or the same size), and it's taming bar will begin to rise. 

Tamed:

Once tamed, it can be equipped with a saddle, wich has 8 passengers sits  and a small area where people can stand and use weapons to shoot ennemy players or dangerous creatures without being at tooth range.

Its primary attack is a normal bite, but if the creature that gets attacked is smaller than a human, the Hatzegopteryx can eat it in one time and harvest it's body at the same time, wich will give him a small regeneration boost similar to the argentavis' one. However, this effect is not as powerful as the argy's and less useful as the Hatzegopteryx has a much bigger health pool than the Argentavis. 

It's secondary attack is the ability to carry creatures the size of an Ankylosaurus or smaller. 

It's third attack, and special ability, is to immobilize a creature up to the size of a T-rex on the ground, by putting it's wings all around it, the same way a net projectile would do. This ability is only available if a player stands on it, however, when dismounted, the Hatzegopteryx will stay on its prey for 30 seconds.

Once captured like this, the creature is still capable of attacking the Hatzegopteryx ( except stomp attacks) but at a much smaller speed, and for less damage. 

Metal saddle:

As the Hatzegopteryx can be used in fight, and even if it has a high health pool, its melee damage are weak, and to be able to fight strong creatures, the Hatzegopteryx can be equipped with a metal saddle, wich brings extra-armor. Metal saddle can be found in loot drops or loot crates, or crafted in a fabricator, requiring a lot of ressources.

I know i'm not the first to purpose the Hatzegopteryx, but my submission is totally independant from the other one(s) and tends to be close to the real world Hatzegopteryx, wich was an apex predator but still not an absolute killing machine, because it lived on small islands and didn't meet or fight any big dinos, eating almost exclusively one-bite preys. Furthermore, i'm trying to purpose new mechanics, and not to replace the quetzal or the tropeognathus, making a whole new dinosaur in Ark. 

PS: I'm french so please excuse me if my english is not perfect or if some sentences are not gramatically correct.

Hope you liked my submission ❤️

Mko25

20230116_183512.jpg

hatzegopteryx.jpg

Note by xackbelle. The Hatz would be an aggressive flyer able to be tamed and ridden. This would add some sort of danger to the sky as well as an alternative to the quetzal. I imagine the beast would rival the rex or giga in size and be moderately fast on land and the skies, but would be as rare as a quetzal meaning it would be to much of a threat. It might even drop some sort of item for boss fights or for a different recipe. I also think it would have a special ability to smell out a creature if you put its drop in the hatz's inventory and press a button, this would add and alternative to some mods for console players. The hatz might also be one of the first dinos with a tek saddle in a while, the tek saddle would add some simple guns but would also narrow down the location of dinos a lot better. I would personally give it a unique taming method where you have to ride it while wild and stay on it for long enough without getting kicked off, sort of like andrew but a bit harder.

image_2023-01-17_103711226.png

image_2023-01-17_103853059.png

Hatzegopteryx fortialis:
Diet: Carnivore
Temperment: Aggressive

Wild: Wild Hatzegopteryx are typically found high in the mountainous regions of the Ark. They are aggressive and will attack anything it sees. Wild Hatzegopteryx have been observed swooping down on unsuspecting creatures and carrying them up into the sky to drop them to their death.

Taming Method: To tame a Hatzegopteryx you must be fully prepared to free fall! To initiate a tame the Hatzegopteryx must pick up the player. Once picked up you must feed it narcotic to sedate it and force it to land. From there you will notice "sore" spots along the body, go up to those sore spots and a mini game will appear much like when hacking Stryders. You are timed for each sore spot! So move quickly!

Domesticated: Domesticated Hatzegopteryx are large and strong! Able to pierce armor, even natural armor (excluding Reaper Kings)! Coupled with that they have a large healthpool and deal a great amount of general damage! However, what they have in health and melee they lack in stamina and weight! Unlike it's cousin Quetzalcoatlus, Hatzegopteryx is much bulkier, making itself heavier and costing much more stamina to fly. However they can glide for a temporary amount of time granting a small boost in stamina while in the air, this can only be used a few times before being forced to land.

Saddles:
--Regular: A regular saddle grants Hatzegopteryx some armor and allows the player to ride it and does not weigh much.
--Riot: A Riot Hatzeg saddle grand Hatzegopteryx some resistence to ammunition and projectiles at the cost of weight.

Abilities:
--LMB: Generic peck attack that does a basic amount of damage.
--RMB: A much slower peck attack that peirces armor and does extra damage.
--C Keybind: When in air can be used to glide.
--Dive: A dive that can grant a small speed boost when flying or entering a glide. If gliding into a dino to attack it does some damage to itself and more damage to the target.
--Shift when Landed: Hatzegopteryx would be the one and only flying dino with the capability to run! And they are rather swift!

Strebgths: High amount of damage and health for an Adzarchid, can run on land.
Weakness: Small stamina pool, low weight capacity, without Riot saddle is very vulnerable to ammunition.

(Art made by me)

Creature submission.png

I really like this idea and I would like to expand the taming part if I may,
perhaps the taming method would be a lot like the equis where like you said you hop onto its back and ride it, but you also have to feed it in order to tame it. Most likely with raw meat and raw prime meat. But don't fall off!

i also really wanted to give this guy some possible designs for the game i have another one but i cant seem to make it fit into the file size maximum

hatze-red.jpg

On 1/15/2023 at 8:36 AM, ASTARDANGER said:

The sky is the only place in ark that is relatively empty: we need more flying creatures.

>>> HATZEGOPTERYX <<<

> Diet:

• Carnivore

> Temperament:

• it depends (see the wild section)

> Appearance:

• The male is the size of a paracer. Females are a bit smaller:

hatzegopteryx.jpg.47af93524961002f6709301d4fd5b58f.jpg

• The male has very bright colors unlike the females:

> Wild:

• General: Hatzegopteryx migrate regularly, in groups (like cranes), from one end of the map to the other. When they arrive at their destination, they land and live peacefully, eating small to medium sized prey (not bigger than a Carno). They are the herd of the air and when they land, you better get prepared...
  •  Male: extremely territorial / aggressive. You approach a female, it's death! He will chase you out of the herd and if you insist too much, he will attack you, until the death of one of you.
  • Female: neutral. If attacked, it attack you back if you are alone or on a small/medium mount. They flee if you are on a big mount but always try to come back to the male. When the male is killed, females leave the harem and become solitary and aggressive.

> Domesticated:

• General: Both male and female are able to fly quickly. They are impressive and are able to go into a "glide mode"  that drastically reduce their speed but their stamina is very slowly consumed. They can thus stay in the air for a long time.
  • Female: It is a rather pve oriented mount: platform +crafting option saddle, farm stone and metal with its beak, and raw prime meat etc. Thus, there is no more need to carry anky with an argentavis and you can still farm with a dino instead of using the new tek gears.When it attacks fish, small creatures etc. Left click : beak hit, Right click : wings slap to farm (like wyverns) / grab allies when flying, C key:  boost for male: increase damage and stamina (the effects add up: having several females can considerably boost a male so the more females you get, the better it is), X key : dive to the ground (a bit like the griffin)
  • Male: warrior mount and fast... Seeing other comments, why not a "warrior saddle for bomber mode". It looks like and feels like the Toruk from Avatar.toruk.thumb.jpg.449d76c1c6d0cf61315f41f588b84831.jpg
  • Left click:  hit with its beak, Right click: it grabs the target and keeps it in its beak for 3 seconds before releasing it (inflicts bleeding damage), C key: encouraging / fearing roar (like the yuti but not as powerful), X key: dive to the ground
  • Hatzegopteryx2.png.7481de557696c48e8eeedbe09f2cbc63.png

> Taming:

• Female: old method with tranqs (unless you have a better idea)
  • Male: same as for taming the Toruk (Similar to the Equus or the voidwyrm): You have to approach him from the top or behind to mount it and then you have to tame it but he will try to eject you. the bigger the harem of the male, the more difficult it will be to tame him.

man i think that Hatz is the real version of Toruk.

Archived