Giant Bison - Ice Age Cattle

Nekatus

On 1/13/2023 at 6:15 PM, Jerryn said:

I think a pack type ability is in order, but different from other pack boosts/abilities:  the stampede.

When you have a large group, a herd, and they being to move as one, they can perform a stampede.  A stampede is an attack where the herd runs down/over the target, doing damage and keeping it off balance, so that it cannot attack effectively.   This could be useful in PVE and PVP.   

The stampede would be proceeded by the thundering sound of hooves and the staking of the ground.

The stampede could be expand for PVP, where it can cause structural damage; bigger the herd, the more damage and the wider the AOE.  A large herd could trample thatch with ease, bust through wood structures with little issue, and even weaken stone, possible even metal, due to the ground shaking and impact.

This is a brilliant idea, because now it becomes a lot cooled than just resource building, and quick level up, but now has the ability to be used by those who enjoy tearing up peoples bases, now this bison, that normally could only be kept in one place, can be used in wars, raids, and trading

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SirIndoraptor said:

Not to hate but don’t see this as a good and game changing creature in anyway and btw u can see it in real life and u cannot see a nothosaurus or a bastion nettle in real life, but that’s just my opinion I just like a cool and game changing creature and not a boring bison that I can literally find in my backyard if I’m lucky. But if u voted for it please let me know why and maybe u can convince me to vote for the bison:)

dinos attacking your base will have you constantly keeping your defenses strong, and also give you a chance to level faster in pve or pvp, you could have stronger tamed creatures by the milk buff, and decent crop abilities, also with a stampede ability, it would be excessivly strong as a herd

On 1/14/2023 at 3:51 AM, SuperDooM said:

The Cart Saddle is a great idea! Maybe it could be a Saddle Skin that can also be equipped to the Whooly Rhino - providing the same or similar carry benefits.

ive been wanting this for a while, id put it on mammoths, goats, and horses as well, that way we can have more moving bases, the options for shops, and possible ideas for sleighs for the deer, and sleds for the wolves (opens up for Iditarod races)

Something that so many people overlook anymore: The Arks lore wise are supposed to help humanity survive and progress to the next step of evolution. Helena herself mentions how there is such an absurd imbalance of predators vs prey. There should at the very least be some more mundane domestic creatures. I think the bison is a great idea, we already have enough -insert flavor of carnivorous theropod- who all just kill things in a different style from the last one and so many people just want some new broken meta violent dino because they think if you aren't ruining someone else's day what's the point of playing video games.

I just wanna be able to peacefully gather supplies to build my happy little home and take care of my new friends. A big brute of a bison would be a great choice and gets my vote!

And besides, what creature could be added that actually changes literally anything for combat mounts? Bossing will still default to rexes with yuty/daeodon support. PVP will still be dominated by gigas and pts. odds are either it changes everything and is just too good (such as Velonasaurs and manas when extinction first came out) and gets nerfed immediately, or it doesn't do anything and nobody boters taming it (like the baboons)

11 hours ago, DonavanFlare said:

ive been wanting this for a while, id put it on mammoths, goats, and horses as well, that way we can have more moving bases, the options for shops, and possible ideas for sleighs for the deer, and sleds for the wolves (opens up for Iditarod races)

Or like Roman battle chariots - that would be a cool variant

On 1/13/2023 at 7:53 PM, Warzonebeta said:

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Aurochs

its on the new map

I think you may have it on your server as a mod, My sister runs the newest map and there are no Aurochs on any of the new maps realms, I would have loved to see them but I checked and no Aurochs are any where to be found sadly.

We desperately need a wyvern milk alternative. Ideally being able to use Bison milk in the place of both nameless venom and wyvern milk would be amazing, but for those of us who really focus on breeding we should all be all in on the Bison.

Also, pack abilities would be amazing in a larger tanky creature like this. Maybe for each additional bison there's an increased damage reduction buff?

It could provide warmth when riding it kind of like an otter but without making you have to choose between an otter for warmth and a sino for weight reduction/wings. They'd make amazing pack animals. Also, can you picture tiny baby bisons in all of the colors? We could get some new recipes from bison milk too potentially like bison cheese that provides a fortitude increase for a certain amount of time or some other cool effect.

The Bison could create some interesting dynamics as soakers/tanks in large herds for PVE and as helpful animal husbandry helpers / breeding aids for PVE. Also it could additionally replace wyvern milk needs for removing diseases and fire damage like wyvern milk does but on maps without the wyverns.

It could also potentially drop 'toughened hide' to make a new armor set even. Something to help in cold environments somewhere between the basic Leather and Fur armor.

As a breeder I'm 100% for Team Bison.

I grew up around farm animals and if there's one thing I know it's that they stink!! lol

So I really like the idea of giving this creature a stinky pelt and the ability to lay down while riding it or commanding it.

When it lays down it kind of imitates a boulder and it's smelly pelt acts like a natural bug repellent or similar but actively repels wild creatures away when they get too close without aggroing.

This would be a defensive mechanic the Bison uses to hide from wild predators, and players would get a unique "Natural Musk" buff when standing near the Bison that works just like bug repellent or the dino repel and it would slowly wear off once they move away from the creature.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:38 AM, tak231 said:

Something that so many people overlook anymore: The Arks lore wise are supposed to help humanity survive and progress to the next step of evolution. Helena herself mentions how there is such an absurd imbalance of predators vs prey. There should at the very least be some more mundane domestic creatures. I think the bison is a great idea, we already have enough -insert flavor of carnivorous theropod- who all just kill things in a different style from the last one and so many people just want some new broken meta violent dino because they think if you aren't ruining someone else's day what's the point of playing video games.

I just wanna be able to peacefully gather supplies to build my happy little home and take care of my new friends. A big brute of a bison would be a great choice and gets my vote!

And besides, what creature could be added that actually changes literally anything for combat mounts? Bossing will still default to rexes with yuty/daeodon support. PVP will still be dominated by gigas and pts. odds are either it changes everything and is just too good (such as Velonasaurs and manas when extinction first came out) and gets nerfed immediately, or it doesn't do anything and nobody boters taming it (like the baboons)

Baboons are great cave and travel mounts in pve.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:31 AM, SheudenFritz said:

While there are quite a few great ideas with Gorgonopsid, Giant Bison, the fox, and also kronosaurus in that order I don't think a creature should ever be added by ignoring the votes. Thats not how voting works. That just neglects the whole point of voting. 

It was more an opinion rather than a statement…

i'd say this is a cool dino and all but i feel like it kinda is lacking in uses and i personly feel like the beetle better but if one thing that would be cool and make this dino stand out would be that its milk can be a substatution to wyvern milk or a baby's preperd food for ex rock drakes then i would like this a bit more

On 1/21/2023 at 3:40 AM, SirIndoraptor said:

Not to hate but don’t see this as a good and game changing creature in anyway and btw u can see it in real life and u cannot see a nothosaurus or a bastion nettle in real life, but that’s just my opinion I just like a cool and game changing creature and not a boring bison that I can literally find in my backyard if I’m lucky. But if u voted for it please let me know why and maybe u can convince me to vote for the bison:)

Actually bastion beetle is comprised of 2 real bugs, the rhinoceros beetle and the stink bug, reason why im voting for bison is i think it looks really neat plus can use milk for baby wyverns

As someone who grew up with animals, learned about farm animals in kindergarten and pre-school, this will be a game-changer for us breeders. And, I get to build a actual farm in Ark. Also I'd name a bison after my late grandmother in memory of her. Knowing she loved them.

A lot of us PVE players have commitments, we don't get a lot of spare time or have inactive tribemates. And EVO rates are almost bi-weekly. I work from 9 to 5, so please give us this. And PVP oriented creatures get nerfed anyway. 

I asked help from my communities if they can vote to get the actual Ark cow in the game.

Archived