Giant Bison - Ice Age Cattle

Nekatus

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

almenos para mi es un desperdicio porque la unica funcion que le daria sería para obtener leche y ya porque para algo mas no le veo uso y también hay que tomar en cuenta que con au leche ya no nos arriesgaríamos a conseguir veneno de nameless y de wyvern por lo que le quita mucho la gracia y realmente un rockdrake solo te seria util en aberration y el wyvern ya no mucha gente avanzada usa estos porque casi todos los wyverns funcionan unicamente como suport y para dar fuego de cobertura y ya

At least for me it's a waste because the only function I would give him would be to get milk and already because for something else I don't see it use and you also have to take into account that with au milk we would no longer risk getting nameless and wyvern poison so it takes away a lot of the grace and really a rockdrake would only be useful

On 1/13/2023 at 10:30 PM, Nekatus said:

Name: Giant Bison

Species: Bison longicornis

Time: Pleistocene

Diet: Herbivore

Temperament: Territorial

Wild: Traveling in massive herds for greater pastures, the largest bovine in existence is a sight to behold. With their massive pair of horns, they are known to be aggressive chargers and capable of goring any predator willing to challenge them including wolves and bears. Their large bodies capable of withstanding the harshest winters with their ever-growing pelts, making them durable enough to resist freezing to death. 

Taming: Extremely sought for their pelts, horns, and the rich bovine milk, taming a Bison isn't as easy at it looks. Many tribesmen attempt to bull-ride in hopes to tire them out and begin feeding them when they aren't wide awake. Beware getting bucked off, I've seen many tribesmen knocked out with that heavy bull kick to the face. Some get gored if unlucky enough.

Domesticated: Once they are tamed, this of course unfortunately attracts every now and then random predators who want to raid your livestock and eat them all. The milk produced by the females gives any baby animal being raised a quite needed boost, potentially can be warmed up in an cooking pot for a special buff against the cold weather. With their hulking bodies, they offer extra warmth and can carry weight much like modern ox. Like modern cattle, their feces is much more potent fertilizer often referred to as "cow pie" that gives crops a boost of extra harvest.

hy175zxnpr141.webp.eef0935fa82369343685ced9919f1d20.webp

ARK Meta:

Combat: Built in with a charge mechanic similar to Triceratops and the Woolly Rhinoceros, the Bison could impale its victims into their horns and gore them to bleed out, as well a herd buff to boost their strength with mate boost activated, dealing extreme damage. Crippling debuff inflicted on players and dinosaurs if it successfully charges.

Utility: Another farm animal for the common PVE (or RP) players who would love a cow in ARK (like the ones in Atlas). Bison milk in turn could be cooked warmly to drink as an insulation buff against the cold, or fed to babies, especially baby Wyverns who require milk themselves.  When Bison defecate, they drop a special feces called "cow pie" which is much better than other dinosaur feces, and more efficient, sometimes giving the crops a boost of extra harvest. With a unique cart or wagon saddle, depending on the type of saddle chosen affects how the player how much weight they can carry back and forth from point A to point B with more speed. The amount of Bison needed for the type of cart or wagon saddle affects not only speed, the weight and the mobility of the mini-wheeled base.

Bison Milk - Like other bovines, Bison can be milked for their nutritional sweet baby food. If fed to warm blooded babies, the calcium would help them grow much faster than normal than any other food if given the proper care. Can be substituted for any food a baby might require care such as kibble.65966801.jpg.ff4b57a9fb81c3a761d6681c9e410b3c.jpg

Bison Milk Cheese - A crafting recipe requiring Bison milk, a very delicious cheese with a very wild yet sweet taste. Who knows what else it could offer?__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2017__0-s-vicky-wasik-butter-d099ca32323349edbe19c3988edcdc30.thumb.jpg.693bbdedd86526f4d723e13728935a89.jpg

sRy0O3bzwuFUG3C70lc4Abhm9LRwPN6EtoyyOj2Wzd0.thumb.webp.83fec29da9ab093dd971282f67f2d06e.webp

Raids: Having a livestock of these Bison will eventually lead to many predators wanting to assault your base to eat your beef, much in the same manner as how the Corrupted attack Element Veins/OSDs or the Nameless harassing you if you don't have a charge pet. You will have to turn full on cowboy to keep them at bay every now and then.

Credits for this post goes to TheIronWolf45 who posted this submission for Fjordur's creature submission

I don't like this parte saying: " Once they are tamed, this of course unfortunately attracts every now and then random predators who want to raid your livestock and eat them all" it doesn't suit well on the game i prefer this creature whithout it!

This is long overdue and probably should have made it in last time.  Another creature from the fossil record would be preferred to one from the realm of fantasy. Additional sources of milk would be awesome instead of just allowing the milk dependent  to feed on substitutes.  And they look really cool, too. :-)

On 1/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, Hermes1111 said:

I don't like this parte saying: " Once they are tamed, this of course unfortunately attracts every now and then random predators who want to raid your livestock and eat them all" it doesn't suit well on the game i prefer this creature whithout it!

I'm inclined to agree on this. Having to deal with random wild creatures raids seems like it'd get downright annoying after a while. For players without an established and defensible base it'd also be an absolute nightmare. Imagine just getting into stone era and having a giga roll up unprovoked to wreck everything because you tamed cattle for their milk.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, Hermes1111 said:

Yeah that would make them basically the kind of creature you would only tame really late game and even then it would probably easier to just use other creatures and farm wyvern milk yourself

On 1/14/2023 at 12:19 AM, droidcommander said:

I feel like having to fight against waves of predators just because I have a cow is maybe too big of a downside, for me atleast.

Ye like imagine logging on and having to defend ur cow from predators and having one when just starting out is useless u will just get killed same with your cow

Archived