Acinonyx: The Giant Cheetah

MiniWatto

15 hours ago, metroxide said:

I know this may not seem as a refreshing option to most players but honestly to me I love this and feel it is refreshing to see as an option. I personally love exploring a map on smaller mounts like a ptero, raptor, wolf for example to be more engaging with the map itself and fit where others don't entirely fit. This would definitely excite me in having a go to mount for scouting areas and even with the lower health aspect this critter is unlikely to get stuck on things and just destroyed. People are mentioning real life aspects of cheetahs so in a sense that they go to higher places to scout terrain might be something wildcard could include but I know some other creatures already do this. But having a go to exploring/scouting creature that can traverse tight fitting and steep rocky terrain as a cheetah could would be really cool to see wildcard polish and hone.

I know the raptor has a call, so it would be cool to see if the cheetah could do a chirp or call as they do in reality to be able to maybe keep up with tribe members also riding the same creature help pin point your tribe mates by maybe an arrow or putting a symbol above their head? Or even go with world of warcraft's idea of giving a pack/party bonus in speed by 10-20% even.

I think A LOT could be done with this creature to make it more than what it would seem. It really could be a useful, go to tool. I appreciate seeing this suggested.

i aint reading this paragraph

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, metroxide said:

I know this may not seem as a refreshing option to most players but honestly to me I love this and feel it is refreshing to see as an option. I personally love exploring a map on smaller mounts like a ptero, raptor, wolf for example to be more engaging with the map itself and fit where others don't entirely fit. This would definitely excite me in having a go to mount for scouting areas and even with the lower health aspect this critter is unlikely to get stuck on things and just destroyed. People are mentioning real life aspects of cheetahs so in a sense that they go to higher places to scout terrain might be something wildcard could include but I know some other creatures already do this. But having a go to exploring/scouting creature that can traverse tight fitting and steep rocky terrain as a cheetah could would be really cool to see wildcard polish and hone.

I know the raptor has a call, so it would be cool to see if the cheetah could do a chirp or call as they do in reality to be able to maybe keep up with tribe members also riding the same creature help pin point your tribe mates by maybe an arrow or putting a symbol above their head? Or even go with world of warcraft's idea of giving a pack/party bonus in speed by 10-20% even.

I think A LOT could be done with this creature to make it more than what it would seem. It really could be a useful, go to tool. I appreciate seeing this suggested.

I appreciate the feedback! Yeah I also enjoy exploring on smaller mounts, not everything has to be an OP war machine lol.

Some nice ideas too. If the vote has treated it kindly, hopefully WC will take note.

Archived