Acinonyx: The Giant Cheetah

MiniWatto

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post, I really hope to see this one win.

Similar to what the other guy said, having two variations to this creature would be nice, perhaps one could be a much more rare spawn. I'm thinking it should be above things like a theri and rex but below  the gig and carch in terms of power it would be speed oriented with high damage and mediocre health. The larger, more rare species would have no added saddle effects, only armor. It should keep the maneuverability of the original but of course be able to run over some obstacles. Finally, having some mechanic that is able to knock other creatures over (up to the size of a giga/carch for the large/rare species and up to a theri size creature for the normal species) if enough speed is built up.

As for the normal one, It seems really great. I think it should be really fast, have high damage, and low health which would make it a glass cannon. I do not think its saddle needs so many options so I would stick with the fire/oil saddle. Again, a mechanic that can knock other creatures over given the cat has enough speed would be nice.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:01 PM, DeliaHaze20 said:

i don't know about a giant cheetah. cheetahs get bodied in real life so this is a fat no for me.

Ark was never supposed to be realistic , as for an example the Thyla which is massive in game was about of the size of a jaguar and direwolves are around 3 times bigger than the found in fossils while saberthoots ingame look like real life small tigers or lions which is a way too inaccurate tbh  . This changes are just to make the game more fun and add different roles for each creature as irl some of them share some characteristics .

3 hours ago, Ark2whennn said:

Ark was never supposed to be realistic , as for an example the Thyla which is massive in game was about of the size of a jaguar and direwolves are around 3 times bigger than the found in fossils while saberthoots ingame look like real life small tigers or lions which is a way too inaccurate tbh  . This changes are just to make the game more fun and add different roles for each creature as irl some of them share some characteristics .

Thank you! Finally someone who recognises the need for creative licence and isn't just being a massive buzzkill.

I don't have many issues with this to be honest it's good the way it is fast speed high melee and high health almost a more Land Managarmr in a sense, I don't have many criticisms maybe try working on the actual post? I think some sentences you chose could be included into other categories. It would also be nice if you worked more on it's abilities it would work well for this creature 👍

On 1/15/2023 at 4:52 AM, MiniWatto said:

Yeah I was wary of making it too OP, especially for one of ARK’s non-fantasy creatures.

It could be cool if the stun literally made creatures fall over, i.e go into their knockout animation but not actually fall asleep. Would be a nice way to buy time as well without just having an arbitrary timer.

Exactly! And just have a "dizzy sparkles" look over its head until it pops back up.

1 hour ago, Estoyviciando said:

Hell yeah i was beggin for another feline in ark. Also i feel like it should have a bit of a climbing tree ability, maybe even adding a new tree for this awesome cat would be a great idea!

Pd: stun+bledding kinda makes sense, just suggesting

Yeah I thought about climbing, but I didn't wanna suggest a mount that did everything, y'know? I'm sure WC could fit it in well.

Hope this win. Love all cats. Big and small.

just some suggestions 

How about if the cheetah could climb up trees also? 

cheetah today climb up in trees. and they are very fast up. and down too. maybe it could do that in game. and smaller trees to. 

maybe it could have a night vision since its a cat.  and have a stealth mode so other wild animals don't notice it. unless its very close. 

More quiet on the night (if that is  possible to program  in game,)

Cheetahs today can run 75 mph - 120 km/h. so i assume this Acinonyx was faster
its estimated that Galis could run 42–56 km/h (29–34 mph)

36 minutes ago, Maria064 said:

Hope this win. Love all cats. Big and small.

just some suggestions 

How about if the cheetah could climb up trees also? 

cheetah today climb up in trees. and they are very fast up. and down too. maybe it could do that in game. and smaller trees to. 

maybe it could have a night vision since its a cat.  and have a stealth mode so other wild animals don't notice it. unless its very close. 

More quiet on the night (if that is  possible to program  in game,)

Cheetahs today can run 75 mph - 120 km/h. so i assume this Acinonyx was faster
its estimated that Galis could run 42–56 km/h (29–34 mph)

Actually it's thought the real-life one was slower, but this is ARK, so, creative licence.

All cool abilities, and I'm sure WC will take its time thinking about what to give it if it wins. Wouldn't want it to be too powerful though.

Thanks for the ideas! :)

7 minutes ago, katann77573 said:

I hope that one or more of the Big cats are placed for the final vote. I love the big cats and I feel like there  should be more in ark or the Sabertooth should be updated either way Ark just needs more Cats :)

I think mine is more interesting, plus it actually earned its way to the top 10 rather than being shot up by a sellout in the final hours of the vote lol. Thanks for the support!

Archived