Helicoprion - Saw Shark

NeoVanilluxe

Suggestion

Helicoprion was a medium-large to large shark relative from the Permian period, that went extinct during the  Great Dying mass extinction. It has a circular tooth whorl on its bottom jaw and used it to cut and tear its prey. They were most likely loners, but came together in breeding grounds during their mating season. Helicoprion's closest living relative is the Ratfish, or Chimera, which is a small, cute shark relative.

Helicoprion would be musch faster than the Megalodon, and would give a bleed status affect. It would be a great harvester of organic polymer, hide, and keratin. I think it should have a pack boost capping at +2 other Helicoprion.  It would have a leap movement, and a "suffocation" meter so it can flop around on land for a short time, to drag Kairuku down to the water and drown them. (hence organic polymer harvester).

To tame them you would need to find their eggs in sandpiles underwater on the ocean floor, similar to the Genesis 1 retrieval missions, and similar to the wyvern and rock drake egg-stealing mechanic. 

Art: ARK's Helicoprion would have patterning to a chimera. (Art by me)

helicoprion_new_unwatermarked.png 

26 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, NeoVanilluxe said:

is there a chance that i can get this submission straight up deleted? if someone else wants to submit helicoprion thats their choice but it has no chance of winning, considering its already a mod and i want to submit something else 💔

You are free to submit something else if you like. 

Archived