Community Crunch 344: Community Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

16 hours ago, Jynxins said:

Am I the only person not caring about Ark 2 news or U5 news? All I want is more dinos and a few maps to Ark 1 and I'll be more than happy. The dinos don't even need to be super unique, I just love taming and raising the little buggers. So the new creature(s) "contest" gets two big thumbs up from me!

check this dracorex suggestion then 

It's probably preferable for them to release Ark2 when it's actually done and avoid a Cyberpunk type release of an overhyped, over promised and under delivered technical mess. 

As for Ark 1.5, well if they do it (big 'IF' given their record of unfulfilled promises) there are two ways they could go about it in my view. 

1) Do a direct port to the engine with minor tweaks as a free patch. IMO that's a lot of work for not a huge pay off unless they bump up the price of the main game to the original sale price. Even then, I don't see it making alot of fresh sales unless it coincided with a successful release of the animated series.

2) They could do it as a paid 'season pass' style where they re-release each map  slowly, but instead of a direct port, they also change the maps and creatures re-imagining and fixing/improving game design and mechanics making the game a far more fresh experience again, whilst keeping the overall sandbox design untouched. E.g. Changing the missions and their format for Gen1/2 or adding better hunt missions on other maps etc. Basically apply all the lessons they've learned from all the feedback after each release to elevate the game.

Although I'd much prefer the second option, I think the first one is the most likely one

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, axelbunicu said:

am I the only one who is here for the event ?? btw the event start on monday 16 or its end on this day, cause if so it means i played the whole time without starting the event

You mean the EVO event? It ends on Monday 16th as per the OP. It is only an official server EVO, so if you play on officials you've already been playing the EVO event.

12 minutes ago, GP said:

You mean the EVO event? It ends on Monday 16th as per the OP. It is only an official server EVO, so if you play on officials you've already been playing the EVO event.

well i know on ark you must activate the event in console and i didnt do that as I missread first time and thought will start on monday

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, axelbunicu said:

well i know on ark you must activate the event in console and i didnt do that as I missread first time and thought will start on monday

No, the only events you need to activate are for private servers which are the special holiday events, not the EVO events.

The EVO events are on official servers only and you don't need to do anything to start them.

If you play on private server or single player you can change the EVO rates any time you want.

Just gonna point it out to stir the pot a bit for my amusement. Anyone here remember when the carchara got added despite losing twice and a few souls pointing out adding it anyway would make people demand a loser be added anyway since ark already invalidated the votes once? Yeeeah we're starting to see signs of that now in the new submissions. Reap what ya sow wildcard. Prepare for pandemonium.

• Thanks 1

I was just thinking what if since this is the last official year ark could we get all of the top ten winners from the ark creature vote with the first place winner being released first and the other 9 later in the year. i can just imagine the trailer with all the new creatures and mabey a new map. This is just an idea i had so WC it would be awsome if this is how we said goodbye to ark one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fffffffff said:

I was just thinking what if since this is the last official year ark could we get all of the top ten winners from the ark creature vote with the first place winner being released first and the other 9 later in the year. i can just imagine the trailer with all the new creatures and mabey a new map. This is just an idea i had so WC it would be awsome if this is how we said goodbye to ark one.

Honestly this is a great idea that i would love to see. Maybe they would also pick some of the dinos that did not make top ten to come in to this is actually a great concept that i think would be healthy for the game. This could also be an opportunity to add one final map in the game populated with a ton of new creatures.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:16 AM, loudplatipus said:

Honestly this is a great idea that i would love to see. Maybe they would also pick some of the dinos that did not make top ten to come in to this is actually a great concept that i think would be healthy for the game. This could also be an opportunity to add one final map in the game populated with a ton of new creatures.

Sorry to say lad but I don't think we'll be getting another map unless Ark2 suffers some absolutely ludicrous delays. I'm not talking talking the usual wildcard delays either, I'm talking Cyberpunk 2077 levels of delay. Multiple creatures popping up is however a possibility seeing as they've done it twice now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sorry to say lad but I don't think we'll be getting another map unless Ark2 suffers some absolutely ludicrous delays. I'm not talking talking the usual wildcard delays either, I'm talking Cyberpunk 2077 levels of delay. Multiple creatures popping up is however a possibility seeing as they've done it twice now.

Well with no new news a lot of people are speculating that we'll have to wait till 2024 for ark 2 and if that happens we might get a new map. I think having a bunch of new dinos would be great.