Community Crunch 344: Community Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

creaturesubmissions.png

ARK_Fjordur_KeyArt_1920.jpg

We're excited to announce that we're rerunning a popular community contest again, where players can submit their own dinosaur ideas to be added to ARK.

We've seen some incredible fan-made designs and creature submissions in pasts contests so we can't wait to see what you come up with this time. Whether you're a seasoned player or new to the community, we encourage you to dust off those notebooks and let your creativity run wild. Feel free to create a dossier, design a creature, and tell us how you see it fitting into the current ARK meta.

While we may not adopt all of the gameplay ideas, we will be looking at and considering everything submitted while using upvotes as a way to determine entries for a second round of voting. Use Wikipedia links and references to help with your pitch, show us what abilities this creature might have, and what it may look like.

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1PM Pacific on January 23rd, so don't wait - get your ideas in.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until  Monday, the 16th of Jan. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

communitycornerblue.png

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: SINZAHH

SINZAHH is back with another great PvP video!  Find out some tips to transform a solo base into a formidable fortress!

fanartblue.png

Rockwell - Edmundium Experiment by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_VELUKO1_

Help is on the way by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_WolfTek7

Cute ARK Doodles by DoodlePalace#1035

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_DoodlePa

Untitled by CrisPing#0826

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_CrisPing

Valley of Ragnarok by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_k3zk_627

RAPTOR | ARK Survival Evolved by sayomphu082

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_sayomphu

Untitled by Akineza#1916

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_Akineza_

Pencil Sketch by angryrevenant#9313

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_angryrev

acreenshotsblue.png

LoganTheWyrmLord#6938

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_LoganThe

SuperDooM#2527

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_SuperDoo

Mule#4289

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_2_Mule_192

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Yeah I seriously have doubts we’ll see Ark 2 anywhere in this first half of the year, we will be lucky to see or hear anything in the second half of the year, IMO.  Which honestly I think is a good thing.  No news is good news.  As I posted in last week’s crunch, I think there are some happenings behind the scenes that are taking precedence.  It is frustrating to not see or hear anything coming down the pipe concerning Ark 2, especially when most of us know and are acutely aware that the clock has started to tick on Ark 1.  It drives me nuts, because I don’t have a time frame to tell my wife when I’m gonna need a new console lol.

Creature submissions again, that definitely speaks volumes.  Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing some TLC to the creatures already, god knows there’s at least a dozen that need it lol.  It’ll be interesting to see what the candidates are.

It would be nice to see if we could get an SOTF arrival on console date.  I saw a tweet that said Jan 31st, but I take that with a grain of salt.  I seriously am excited about jumping into some SOTF matches on console.  It’s going to be very interesting what different variations might become available, if any do which would be sweet! I gotta say this is the first time in a long time I’m pretty excited to see what this new year has in store for this game.

• Like 3

Okay now it's safe that we won't get Ark 2 until the summer, I think it's a pity that wildcard doesn't just deal with everything they have on Ark 2. Instead, they contradict their own statements and now bring out stuff for Ark 1 again, which also looks like an attempt to distract the fans a bit from Ark 2. As an Ark fan from the first day I find it very disappointing.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

A new vote for dino is great)
If a new DLC is waiting for us, please make underwater content. Basilosaurus, Tusoteuthis, Mosasaurus and many dino are bored without a goal.
It should make sense to tame and breed them. Let there be an underwater boss giving a new engram very interesting for the players. Or additional leveling levels.
Dino must participate in survival. They will finally be of use.

Also, the aquatic inhabitants from the voting can become new dynos for the map.

Edited by Mileena
  • Like 2

Ohh I wonder what the next creature is going to be? 🤩🤔💭 I can hardly wait!

maybe for halloween and spring events they could add outfit skins for each. vampires and werewolfs and zombies? Maybe even fairy’s? Maybe they could be a new diseases? And maybe they can be cured with a new kind of plants you have to get that are guarded by three different mini bosses. And they can make your characters look different. And have diffrent stats or buffs? and weaknesses?  

Or an ability? Fairies could have the ability to make resources grow back once a day with the fairy dust and fly around? Grow and shrink. Or give others a boost for better drops for a set amount of time like that fish thing you can tame? And maybe to become one you have to do trials and fight mini bosses to get the dust that turns you?

Oo maybe there are two kinda fairy’s a light and a dark fairy.  And the dark ones could have some kinda mischievous abuilty once a day.  Like turning a another player into a random creature for a set amount of time? It could be something helpless or something that back fires and is dangerous.  The mini bosses could be creatures we already have they could just be bigger and more stats.  Like bats for vampires. Wolfs for werewolfs. Any zombie skin beasts for zombies. And maybe that nature titan for fairy’s? 

• Facepalm 1