Beginner content is terrible for beginners

OneOff

I  bought a game like 3 month ago, learned some basic mechanicks and wanted to start my first pvp experience. Someone from forum suggested me to start on beginners. Sounds logical. I played 425 beginner. First several days it was fun full of pvp with bolas, pistols etc. But than i saw a guy on argy who was fast like F1 car. He picked me and used Tek Glow to punch me while sitting on argy. Nothing to do I died. OK, maybe I dont know something, maybe there is a way to make your argy fly fast and tek punch on it whatever. But then there become more guys like him. Dont you think it would be better to have admin alive on those servers? From my perspective as beginner gamer there is no point to play because cheaters can do things you cant even imagine  

2 hours ago, OneOff said:

I  bought a game like 3 month ago, learned some basic mechanicks and wanted to start my first pvp experience. Someone from forum suggested me to start on beginners. Sounds logical. I played 425 beginner. First several days it was fun full of pvp with bolas, pistols etc. But than i saw a guy on argy who was fast like F1 car. He picked me and used Tek Glow to punch me while sitting on argy. Nothing to do I died. OK, maybe I dont know something, maybe there is a way to make your argy fly fast and tek punch on it whatever. But then there become more guys like him. Dont you think it would be better to have admin alive on those servers? From my perspective as beginner gamer there is no point to play because cheaters can do things you cant even imagine  

Getting your feet wet on beginner servers is best done on PVE.  It will help you get acclimated to how the game mechanics play out.  Throwing in PVP is instantly a more advanced experience and a horrid way to learn the game.   Jump on PVP afterwards on a non beginner server after that.  Beginner servers are a huge handicap for those who play fair. 

Also, almost next to impossible for new players to figure out how to take good pictures, good videos, scrape identifying info on the alleged cheaters and build solid reports.   It might be why they like to flout the rules so blatantly on the beginner servers.  The cheaters know that most people don't bother to report , and they exploit the fact that new players act under the assumption that Wildcard actively polices their servers. 

Plus, beginner servers can be accessed by acccounts with free copies of the game.   They don't actually go and buy the game so they can get caught cheating, have the account banned, and just start using another burner account.   This is where buying expansion packs maybe reduces the problem a tiny bit.  That's just theory, there's no way to know for sure, but I know I wouldn't go and burn lots of accounts that way if it started to cost me money I don't want to spend that way.

I want to say that it is entirely possible to get tek gloves legit on the beginner servers - the gamma broodmother boss is not that hard to beat, and gives the tekgram for it.  The broodmother has the easiest to grab artifacts on the Island, so stockpiling them to fight her multiple times (for the required element) is not that hard.  As for how to beat her, well first you level up a chibi once by killing alphas, so you can get lo level 45 & open yellow drops. Then you either get a megatherium saddle blueprint and 20 megatheriums (high level tamed ones an/or basic 1st imprinted are adequate for gamma spider), or you get a pump shotgun (or better, blueprint), grind a bunch of ammo, tame a kangaroo, and hop up to a certain mushroom were you can shoot from safely.  Neither of those options is hard for a tribe with dedicated players.   

I had the same! I recently played on beginners and met people with speedhack and aimbot all the time + they found me when I spawned in completely different parts of the map ( I used SLEEPING BAGS!) And I've been playing the game for the 4th year, had experience on both Official and unofficial servers.

Wildcard please add a LIVE admin to your servers, otherwise new players will simply not play your game

18 hours ago, OneOff said:

But than i saw a guy on argy who was fast like F1 car

So it seems that tek is achievable on begginer servers ........ But an Argy like an F1 certainty is NOT.  Without the "classic flyers" mod it is no possible to up any kind of bird's speed ... So that would be the "slant" of my argument were I to try and lodge a ticket around your issue...
Are you convinced the dude was "like an F1"? Or did you get ambushed at a bad moment?

19 hours ago, OneOff said:

Also @DirkInSAWhile there are some things that cheats can do, like aimbots, I'm not aware of any cheats/tricks that would make flyers faster on an Official server because the stats are all stored on the server side. You cannot, for example, pump up speed levels on an argy on an Official server because the classic flyers mod would have to be installed on the server, which it's not. Some things in the game are client-side (which is why aimbots work) but some things in the game are server-side only (like dino stats), you would have to actually hack into WC's server and install the mod on their server in order to have "on argy who was fast like F1 car". I think it's more likely that this was @OneOff perception because your opponent had tek stuff. Your opponent may have been OP compared to you, but that doesn't mean it's possible for him to speed up his argy.

Beginner Server are the hard way to learn the Game. No cryopods, low level cap.... thats mean you can tame Rex,Argy Giga and Carcha but you cant get a Saddle.

And if anybody say you can get saddles by fishing. We try it many times with good rods from alphas and never get saddles.  Xbox pve beginner server.

Beginner Server are only good to tame Level one dinos for breeding. My Mate tamed every dino pair from island as Lv one and transfer it to normal official Pve 

21 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Also @DirkInSAWhile there are some things that cheats can do, like aimbots, I'm not aware of any cheats/tricks that would make flyers faster on an Official server because the stats are all stored on the server side. You cannot, for example, pump up speed levels on an argy on an Official server because the classic flyers mod would have to be installed on the server, which it's not. Some things in the game are client-side (which is why aimbots work) but some things in the game are server-side only (like dino stats), you would have to actually hack into WC's server and install the mod on their server in order to have "on argy who was fast like F1 car". I think it's more likely that this was @OneOff perception because your opponent had tek stuff. Your opponent may have been OP compared to you, but that doesn't mean it's possible for him to speed up his argy.

why ppl always start talking out of their ass when they have no clue about stuff. even so to belittle him that hes just a bad player.

just a little search in youtube shows you lot of videos with different types of dinos that are that fast because of speed hacks.

14 hours ago, Austria said:

Beginner Server are the hard way to learn the Game. No cryopods, low level cap.... thats mean you can tame Rex,Argy Giga and Carcha but you cant get a Saddle.

And if anybody say you can get saddles by fishing. We try it many times with good rods from alphas and never get saddles.  Xbox pve beginner server.

Beginner Server are only good to tame Level one dinos for breeding. My Mate tamed every dino pair from island as Lv one and transfer it to normal official Pve 

just 1 simple look at the fishing loottabel shows you that it is indeed possible

1 hour ago, ActionNeeded said:

why ppl always start talking out of their ass when they have no clue about stuff. even so to belittle him that hes just a bad player.

just a little search in youtube shows you lot of videos with different types of dinos that are that fast because of speed hacks.

Speaking of people talking out of their ass, lots of people post stuff on youtube without knowing what they're talking about, just like they post on forums without knowing what they're talking about. Being on youtube doesn't make someone an expert about how the client-server relationship in games, people on youtube are just as likely to misinterpret what they're seeing as anyone else is.

With that said... I'm always willing to learn new things which is exactly why I said "I'm not aware of any cheats/tricks that would make flyers faster on an Official server because the stats are all stored on the server side." I'm perfectly willing to admit I might be wrong, so let's see your evidence. Post links to 2 videos that you believe offer legitimate evidence and then we can discuss/debate/agree/disagree about what the author of the video is claiming.

We could take turns shouting into the wind all day, but that would be a waste of time and wouldn't help anyone. So yeah, show the evidence that you believe already proves me wrong and then lets talk about it.

18 hours ago, Austria said:

my question would be what were you using for rods and bait, and what type of fish were you trying to catch.  All 3 of these factors will effect the loot you get.   You get the best rods from killing alpha tusos and to a lesser chance from alpha mosa.   Bait is better when you use honey and below that leech blood.  Also, size of fish and type of fish matter, the biggest salmon will give you the best chance over coel and piranah.

Define what you mean by good rods?  Ascendant are the best, anything less is not going to give you the best chances.  Not all alphas will drop ascendant quality, so just getting them from alphas isn't enough to say you had a good rod.  

With all that said, I don't doubt what you are saying.  I ask because I don't honestly know if its possible.  I just know that, without having a good solid 100+ 1.5x(or greater) sized fish caught - using only honey with an ascendant rod, its difficult to pin down what is actually possible.

3 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Speaking of people talking out of their ass, lots of people post stuff on youtube without knowing what they're talking about, just like they post on forums without knowing what they're talking about. Being on youtube doesn't make someone an expert about how the client-server relationship in games, people on youtube are just as likely to misinterpret what they're seeing as anyone else is.

With that said... I'm always willing to learn new things which is exactly why I said "I'm not aware of any cheats/tricks that would make flyers faster on an Official server because the stats are all stored on the server side." I'm perfectly willing to admit I might be wrong, so let's see your evidence. Post links to 2 videos that you believe offer legitimate evidence and then we can discuss/debate/agree/disagree about what the author of the video is claiming.

We could take turns shouting into the wind all day, but that would be a waste of time and wouldn't help anyone. So yeah, show the evidence that you believe already proves me wrong and then lets talk about it.

It would be inappropriate for me to explain how speed hacks work here.  They can work without modifying a game server, they exploit something else to make it possible.  Speedhacks do indeed exist, and often work on multiple games w/out being specifically coded for a given game.  *they also tend to be packaged with trojans which give the originator of the hack a new victim to add to their botnets.

My favorite lesson on what hackers can do came from Dungeon Siege 2.   That game is similar to this one in that you could mod the game and mods were supposed to only work on a modified game server.   But one time I setup a vanilla game instance and someone joined my game and then summoned a copy of themselves to fight me.  That should have been totally impossible to do on the base version of the game, there were no spells that would allow that to occur, but they did it anyways and I learned that day that games which allow modification can always have loopholes somewhere that are exploitable.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, Pipinghot said:

I'm not aware of any cheats/tricks that would make flyers faster on an Official server because the stats are all stored on the server side.

You have no idea what you are talking about then lol. Speed hack has been a rampant issue on official pvp for over a year now. Yes you can't level speed on dinos, but it's a cheat. They can fly and run insanely fast and use it on beginner to run around and auto loot your crop plots fertilizer (with another hack). They can literally speed to over 100 crops and take all the fertilizer in less than 30 seconds literally. They also speed hack PTs to get drops on the map. You can see all the drops on the map disappearing instantly and it's one guy. On official servers they can use it on stegos to run past turret walls etc. It's a huge issue and theres TONS of videos of it happening to people on youtube.

I've been astonished that they don't have live enforcement on the beginner servers for PC. You'd think they'd want to make a good impression, also seeing as those servers are often full 70/70 for a few weeks after every wipe. Like others have said it's technically a true beginner experience cause the hacking and cheating stays around on 1x and small tribes but you'd think they'd at least want to set a better image for beginners lol.

Archived