Community Crunch 343: TSOTF Updates, Winter Wonderland Extension, and More!

StudioWildcard

SOTF_Thumbnail_1920.jpg

It's been a joy to watch the community participate in TSOTF matches this past week!  We've seen several nail-biting matches and clever uses of the new mechanics that TSOTF provides. It is a memorable experience for us to watch these high-intensity matches play out on a grand scale.  Who’d imagine we’d see little dilos, monkeys, and small creatures being mind-controlled at end-game!?  We'd also like to give a nod to the ARK content creation community for keeping our screens full of nonstop entertainment.

Since the original launch on Friday, Dec 23rd, balance changes have been made to several creatures including Thylacoleo, Rhino, Triceratops, Carcharodontosaurus, and Dragon. Changes have also been made to C4, fire/flame weapons, and bosses in the game. Several quality-of-life improvements have been added such as keybinds, total match time remaining on the HUD, and a confirmation prompt for converting to tokens. A parachute has been added as a lootable item and some optimizations have been made to the mini map, compass, on-screen text, and in-world POI UI/HUDs.

The patch notes thread contains the latest changes and updates for TSOTF.  Click here to download TSOTF on Steam!

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special extension to the Winter Wonderland Evo Event! It will be active until  Monday, the 9th of Jan. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

communitycornerblue.png

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Raasclark

Catch Raasckark and a popular cast of ARK community members battling to be the ultimate survivor in TSOTF.

Creator: Syntac

Follow Syntac as he fights his way to tame the dragon in TSOTF!

fanartblue.png

Untitled by ShamroknRoll#1993

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_ShamroknRo

More ARKphibia by @laind004

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_laind004_1

Corrupted manticore by SoupEvolved#5709

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_soupevolve

Fate of the cosmos chapter 1 by @TekARK3

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_TEKARK_192

Untitled by houndteeth湮#0666

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_houndteeth

Untitled by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_falcoluna_

Untitled by CrisPing#0826

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_CrisPing_1

Pink Carcharodontosaurus by Natahi4

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_Natahi4_19

acreenshotsblue.png

Saprom

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_Saprom_192

Maxolotl#7089

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_344_Maxolotl_1

Happy New Year!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, qzboy said:
We dont care sotf:) where is ark2? 3 years u  guys even not show a gameplay 

"we" - speak for yourself, TSOTF is awesome, tons of fun you can just join for an hour or so when you feel like it...love it! Was pretty disappointed as an OG sotf player, but tbh the new version is great, different but so much fun!

And as for Ark2, why do u even think it will come out on time, just chill, it will be here when it arrives, nagging in forums won't speed it up any.

There's a bug with my obelisk where it says I have items uploaded when there's none and as a result I'm missing 18 item slots. Does anyone know how to fix it. My game crashed around Halloween when my obelisk was filled with Halloween items I left them there and once the update hit it had been bugged ever since does anyone know a fix please.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, alfiemiles said:

There's a bug with my obelisk where it says I have items uploaded when there's none and as a result I'm missing 18 item slots. Does anyone know how to fix it. My game crashed around Halloween when my obelisk was filled with Halloween items I left them there and once the update hit it had been bugged ever since does anyone know a fix please.

If you are on PC (Steam/EGS), you can delete them and preserve the other data with the following steps:

Except you would have to target ArkItems and/or ArkTributeItems instead. If you are on consoles, I'm not sure, but I believe you can only delete everything (worlds, profiles, etc.) in order to get rid of them, unfortunately.

Will there still be events or support for ark still and if there is no more events or 3x stuff then if there's no more support for ark you guys should put everything on 3x full time and add the event colors from past and everything else added back in to the game other wise the game is going to be dead probably 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

From now until June 2023, they are going to put out very good and highly anticipated games. Get something out of ark 2 or the Spanish-speaking community considers ark 2 forgotten. They are losing a large part of the community due to their poor communication with the community. It's not just the community crisis that matters.

Edited by AAAkiles