Unable to tame Tropeos

MunchATG

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is having the same issues I am. I capture and knock out a Tropeo and then cannot access it inventory to give kibble.

I have tried both by netting and by trapping and chain bola with no luck for either. Anyone have any ideas? I am on Fjordur on a nitrado server if that helps.

Cheers

Not sure if it would change the effectiveness.  In my experience, when a knockout wakes it will be aggro'd and you can't tame it until it calms down.  I've only tamed two tropes (bred up the rest) and each time I already had a trap, tribemate ate a rare flower and lured it in the trap where we chained it and fed it.

It was much more fun doing it that way.  (I got a kick out of it anyway)

8 hours ago, NightSnake said:

Not sure if it would change the effectiveness.  In my experience, when a knockout wakes it will be aggro'd and you can't tame it until it calms down.  I've only tamed two tropes (bred up the rest) and each time I already had a trap, tribemate ate a rare flower and lured it in the trap where we chained it and fed it.

It was much more fun doing it that way.  (I got a kick out of it anyway)

If you do this and the tame is aggro'd, you can take a risk in moving out of render range then back again. It will lose aggro. The risk is that if it's moving around a lot while aggro'd, it can possibly escape the trap as you move out of render range and back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 6:05 AM, Sarin said:

Speaking about that...would knocking it out, building a trap around it, then when it wakes up taming it hurt the taming effectiveness?

it works and doesn't reduce its effectiveness, when he wakes up he will be nervous but this doesn't change anything because, even if he wasn't nervous at that moment, he would become nervous as soon as you chain him up without preventing feeding, in any case it would be enough to wait a few minutes and he would calm down. also if you hit him a little first, his hunger will increase a little bit faster.

Archived