What is the very first boss to kill ?

DonaldDuck

What is the first boss to kill first ? is it Gamma Broodmother Lysrix ? then beta then alpha.

I will need 18 rexes + 1 daeodon + 1 yuty, right ? Do daeodon and yuty need good saddle too or can use primitive ?

So my base is in Fjordur with all the army of dinoes (still on progress breeding and farming for the saddles), if all dinoes ready 18 rexes 1 yuty 1 daedon , what's the step by step I need to do ? 

- Get all the 3 artifacts (Clever, Hunter, Massive)

- Cryo those army of dinoes and transfer to The Island

- go to any obelisk

- un-cryo the army surrounding the obelisk

- teleport to broodmother arena and kill it.

Do I miss anything ? Still need time to do all that though (still need to farm for 8 rex saddles and maybe 3 rexes), just want to be informed and get ready.

What gear/weapon should I use inside ?? Any surprise I need to know inside ? like can the boss  or minions dismount me ? 

How many tame groups should I use to command the attack ? I see in a video that if I use them as 1 group then some wont be able to bite because too crowded, have to surround the boss so they can all bite the boss.

Once inside I ride the Yuty  and keep roaring ?

How should I level up my daedon and yuty ? (does yuty need atk or just hp coz it's there just for the roar, how about daedon what should I level hp or food, and how many food should I put inside the daedon, it should be cooked meat, right ?)

• DonaldDuck changed the title to What is the very first boss to kill ?

You can skip the gamma and beta versions and go straight to the alphas.  I use the gamma and beta ones to test my organizing and whistles, I don't worry which is first.  The first one is the first one you decide to take on.  There's no order that has to be followed.

I'm not sure if Broodmother on Valguero is equal in difficulty to the boss on The Island, but you could test your setup there w/out any tribute costs.

You have the basic steps down just fine; note that you can also fight Broodmother on Fjordur as well; same artifacts, though on Fjordur will also require you to kill the Beyla world boss (which is easy with a small team of boss rexes, a single good giga, or a half dozen good megatheriums), and go to the special Broodmother terminal in a cave.  The Broodmother on Fjordur has exactly the stats as the Island version.  

The broodmother arena itself has no real tricks to it; whistle your rexes in to attack & stay on your yuty and you will be fine.  Nothing can hit your character while you are mounted, and there are no environmental hazards.  The arena is a bit warm, so wear ghille or desert cloth.  You should be fine with a primitive saddle on the yuty, though an upgraded one for the daedon is not a bad idea.   

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I'm not sure if Broodmother on Valguero is equal in difficulty to the boss on The Island, but you could test your setup there w/out any tribute costs.

Definitely NO comparison here - the  Valguero boss is not anywhere close to the real thing! Maybe like a gamma spawn - but in comparison to Alpha - no comparison! 

EDIT

A (long) while ago I had a dip at the Valguero spider with a flock of 20 Dimorphs. And came good. I really would not recommend that to the real fight at all!

@GrumpyBear Guess I'll do the same, I never fight any boss so I have to test my setup to the easiest first and use it for practice. 

@DirkInSA Do you mean Valguero's Broodmother even the alpha version is the easiest broodmother compared to broodmother from other maps and with no cost ? How about the reward ?

@Dreadcthulhu Nice, I'll just do it on the same map then since my base is in Fjordur, I'll check youtube on how it's done first. I have in fact just acquired good saddle for Daedon from Santa yesterday, but I don't have for Yuty but if that's fine then ok. 

Now about the build for Yuty and Daedon, I',m not familiar with both. Daeodon seems to deplete food as it starts healing, so is the leveling for Daedon is on food and hp ?

Yuty is HP or stamina ? I read roaring drains stamina and also food but someone told me there's no problem with default stamina. So is it FULL HP for Yuty or do I need to add food/stam too ?

53 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Now about the build for Yuty and Daedon, I',m not familiar with both. Daeodon seems to deplete food as it starts healing, so is the leveling for Daedon is on food and hp ?

Yuty is HP or stamina ? I read roaring drains stamina and also food but someone told me there's no problem with default stamina. So is it FULL HP for Yuty or do I need to add food/stam too ?

There's little need for the daedon in the middle of the battle.  If you don't have enough damage output, then its useful to keep your team alive a little longer.  Most people I know just use the daedon between fights. 

Yuti is handy to have stamina pumped, but they are good to use the best hp you got since it is a boss fight and they will attract agro.  Keep meat on them so they can refill food to keep refilling stamina.

The first boss to kill should be the gamme Broodmother because the required artifacts are easier to get. But if you don't mind the difficulty of getting artifacts then do gamma Megapithecus first - it's the easiest boss.

And as @GrumpyBear already said: Daedon's are a waste of a creature slot for the boss fights. I'd rather bring a Yuty + 19 fighters and heal them after the battles.

Pro tipp: when you fight the Dragon you need to watch your character's health at any time and focus on the Dragon's minions! I've been killed twice just because of stupid Dimorphodons... 😄  So bring a lot of health potions and blood packs!

18 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

The first boss to kill should be the gamme Broodmother because the required artifacts are easier to get. But if you don't mind the difficulty of getting artifacts then do gamma Megapithecus first - it's the easiest boss.

And as @GrumpyBear already said: Daedon's are a waste of a creature slot for the boss fights. I'd rather bring a Yuty + 19 fighters and heal them after the battles.

Pro tipp: when you fight the Dragon you need to watch your character's health at any time and focus on the Dragon's minions! I've been killed twice just because of stupid Dimorphodons... 😄  So bring a lot of health potions and blood packs!

I see, then Megatpithecus will be next. Is the army setup always the same for all bosses on the island ? rexes yuty and daeodon (optional) ?

I'll decide later when everything is ready for the daeodon, 1 rex is more or less 5.5% more damage (1/18) vs a bit of sustain from the daeodon, its heal is kinda slow I ever tried to heal my rex after leveling its hp, it's not even full and daeodon already 0 food. What stats should I level for the daeodon, more on the hp or food ?

That is why creatures in Ark that can mess with rider either by attacking directly or dismounting is more dangerous than even a giga. I'm glad that raptor is nerfed. 

I remember fighting dimorphodons when I was just started playing, attacking one also attracting nearby dimorphodons, they wrecked the wooden container boxes in my open mining base lol. That small creature can be very dangerous esp in bad situation.  One also ever got stuck in my spiked wall surrounding an unconscious rex I was taming, its attacks lowered the taming efficiency. I still don't know whether it was attacking my unconscious rex directly or it was attacking the spiked wall and has aoe that can also land on other nearby target that can receive dmg.

On 1/1/2023 at 2:05 PM, DonaldDuck said:

What is the first boss to kill first ? is it Gamma Broodmother Lysrix ? then beta then alpha.
I will need 18 rexes + 1 daeodon + 1 yuty, right ? Do daeodon and yuty need good saddle too or can use primitive ?
So my base is in Fjordur with all the army of dinoes (still on progress breeding and farming for the saddles), if all dinoes ready 18 rexes 1 yuty 1 daedon , what's the step by step I need to do ? 
 Get all the 3 artifacts (Clever, Hunter, Massive)
- Cryo those army of dinoes and transfer to The Island
- go to any obelisk
- un-cryo the army surrounding the obelisk
- teleport to broodmother arena and kill it.
Do I miss anything ? Still need time to do all that though (still need to farm for 8 rex saddles and maybe 3 rexes), just want to be informed and get ready. What gear/weapon should I use inside ?? Any surprise I need to know inside ? like can the boss  or minions dismount me ? How many tame groups should I use to command the attack ? I see in a video that if I use them as 1 group then some wont be able to bite because too crowded, have to surround the boss so they can all bite the boss. Once inside I ride the Yuty  and keep roaring ?How should I level up my daedon and yuty ? (does yuty need atk or just hp coz it's there just for the roar, how about daedon what should I level hp or food, and how many food should I put inside the daedon, it should be cooked meat, right ?)

So many questions XD But.....
Yes. gamma easy, beta hard, alpha very hard
yes, it is suggested to have the rexs with a minimum of 25-30k health, 1500 melee. But you do you, if nothing else, try them out on the easy spider first, if all of them get hit hard, level them up more before the next fight. 
Id suggest moving them to the island first, then doing the other things.
Each boss battle has a specific theme to them and as such, you need to prepare not only for the fight, but for the environment and weather condition. Since your going to a cool damp cave, you may think about bringing warm weather, and soups to help.....you would be surprised at how effective some of the Rockwell recipe's are! Also, BRING MED BREWS!!! 100 minimum!
Honestly, I prefer to ride the deadon and have the yuty  auto roaring while following me while on passive. I level up the deadon with a tiny bit of extra health, but all other points in his food stat. Im currently getting geared up again with a pig that has 100k food stat. As for the yuty, mostly health, with a few in stamina. 
The best foods for the deadon is cooked prime or mutton, with the absolute best food to recover food drain being any type of kibble. Including dodo kibble. Up to you to put in the effort to build a dodo farm, let alone wait the two-three weeks to gather the hundreds of needed eggs

17 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I see, then Megatpithecus will be next. Is the army setup always the same for all bosses on the island ? rexes yuty and daeodon (optional) ?

I'll decide later when everything is ready for the daeodon, 1 rex is more or less 5.5% more damage (1/18) vs a bit of sustain from the daeodon, its heal is kinda slow I ever tried to heal my rex after leveling its hp, it's not even full and daeodon already 0 food. What stats should I level for the daeodon, more on the hp or food ?

That is why creatures in Ark that can mess with rider either by attacking directly or dismounting is more dangerous than even a giga. I'm glad that raptor is nerfed. 

I remember fighting dimorphodons when I was just started playing, attacking one also attracting nearby dimorphodons, they wrecked the wooden container boxes in my open mining base lol. That small creature can be very dangerous esp in bad situation.  One also ever got stuck in my spiked wall surrounding an unconscious rex I was taming, its attacks lowered the taming efficiency. I still don't know whether it was attacking my unconscious rex directly or it was attacking the spiked wall and has aoe that can also land on other nearby target that can receive dmg.

Yeah, the munky fight is actually easier in my opinion, but thats if you ignore the death hole off to the right side of the bridge.
And the reason why I ride the deadon is because if you ride it, you can turn on super healing......I still swear to this day that this is equivilant to a sheild that absorbs the abuse till the pig is flat out drained. Hopefully a video soon....

Id suggest 5-10k health, and all the food stat.....like I said, my pig has 100k food stat.
No worries about dimorphodons till draggy fight, then your in for a bit of a worry. Just make sure to remember the med brews......Not only bringing, but actually using them!

Ok, thx for all the tips.

-

Now what if I get disconnected inside boss arena ? I like to call this disconnectosaurus, it is rare but cause problem/loss most of the time it happens, I'm grateful with the efforts to combat this in the outside world like wild dinoes have no interest in tamed dino when noone is around and when dc sometimes the character is put on the ground when back online (not always) so won't take fall damage, but what about in boss arena ? Since this is an online game, it can still happen, imo it should be addressed too like dc in the outside world but well thought about if ppl actually dc in there or ppl just want to restart the fight ( or abusing it ), and not to just suck it up. Because regardless of the cause, it can lead to a very big loss, which I hope can be prevented. 

Also what if I lose the fight ? Can I recover the saddles ? It can be a pain to grind again for making 18 saddles. I'm okay with losing dinoes since breeding has its fun and I can take my time, but grinding for saddles is manual labor and the blueprint is limited for the amount of saddles it can make.

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Unfortunately, it's bend over and kiss it goodbye. This is one area this game does not respect your time at all. You will lose everything.

That is too bad, imo the game should upload all saddles from dinoes inside arena to the terminal, or to choose that option when entering boss arena. It won't be hard for them to add something like that. It's better to manually re-saddling 20 dinoes after boss fight than having a chance to lose them all.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

That is too bad, imo the game should upload all saddles from dinoes inside arena to the terminal, or to choose that option when entering boss arena. It won't be hard for them to add something like that. It's better to manually re-saddling 20 dinoes after boss fight than having a chance to lose them all.

There’s so many things that could have been changed over the years to prevent people from wasting so much time. Never happened. 

On 1/3/2023 at 5:54 AM, DonaldDuck said:

No. I'd only use Rexes against the Megapithecus.

Megatheriums or Spinos vs. the Broodmother because of the buffs they get - Megatherium: insect killer buff ; Spino: water buff

Therizinos vs. Dragon because herbivores take less fire damage and you can feed them sweet veggie cakes for healing

On 1/4/2023 at 12:51 AM, DonaldDuck said:

the idea behind this is simple, yes bugs "can" occure.....Best to get video if you legit get screwed, but when its working properly, its literally do or die. End of story. Either you get it right, or it cost you everything. Now if a dino gets chomped, but you still win, you get a small grace period to see if you can find the dead dino's body or bag to get the saddle out of. Its not long, but as long as you focus, its ample time to scrounge around and collect em. 

6 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

No. I'd only use Rexes against the Megapithecus. Megatheriums or Spinos vs. the Broodmother because of the buffs they get - Megatherium: insect killer buff ; Spino: water buff Therizinos vs. Dragon because herbivores take less fire damage and you can feed them sweet veggie cakes for healing

Honestly I only use theri's.....the monkey fight feels downgraded compared to the broodmother and the dragon, but then again I suppose the megatheriums would make the broodmother, possibly a breeze. However those veggie cakes allways seem to get my army through. And without the need for a dozen or so mutations.

Archived