Serious Question: How do you get anything done on Gen2 Servers?

Zakkus

I have yet to find an official server that will stay up for any substantial amount of time. How do any of you get anything done? 
I really want to know. The constant crashing/offline and having to wait 45m-2hrs for it to come back online.

I'm asking other players because any official response from Wildcard would be a true miracle and a herald of the coming of Christ.

You literally pray. Every time I transfer stuff to the server I hold my breath during a server save. I've lost countless stuff from rollbacks, hours of grinding to trade and then lose it instantly. Also, 2 hours is optimistic, sometimes these servers go down for days. It really is amazing how badly these servers are broken.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2022 at 7:42 AM, Zakkus said:

I have yet to find an official server that will stay up for any substantial amount of time. How do any of you get anything done? 
I really want to know. The constant crashing/offline and having to wait 45m-2hrs for it to come back online.

Its not that bad now, servers still crash quite often, but sometimes you can play whole day witheout crash

Interesting question. I have had issues on my Gen2 server, but didn't realize folks were having issues on other Gen2 servers. Good to know! The strange things I've had happen lately are I've had 2 dedicated storage boxes disappear off my ocean platform on Gen2 at different times. They would be there forever and then one day I had one with over 200K Element Shards just vanish. Then I had another one I was using for metal which was also on the ocean platform and it vanished as well. Looking in the tribe log neither one of them were listed as decaying, being destroyed or anything. Just gone.

Then I logged in today and noticed the bed for my Stryder in space wasn't showing up. My stryder there is in a small metal building next to a TP so I transferred via TP over there and the Stryder was gone. Building is closed and nothing in the tribe log. Very strange...

• 4 months later...