do you plan to leave ark 1?

danser230

Sooner or later yeah. The only games that have ever held enough sway on me to make me come back after I've seen and done it all have been the monster hunter and fromsoft games. Compared to those there's not much ark has to offer me. It's fun, but it's not my particular definition of "come back two years later to do it again" fun.

Already abandoned Ark 1 about a year ago. I absolutely loved the game, probably one of the only games I actually put 1000 hours into. However, as a solo player I just couldn't be bothered to invest 2 hours a day into something that had the potential to lose support after each DLC. Looking back if I had known that it would still have support until this June then I would absolutely still be playing it. As it stands now though, by the time I get established with decent dinos and gear Ark 2 will be on the horizon...

That being said, I now know how much I enjoy this title and when Ark 2 is finally among us you can bet that I'll be somewhere in those jungles getting gang banged by a pack of troodon! 

• 3 weeks later...

I expect unofficial ARK won't be going anywhere for a very long time.. especially with the UE5 upgrade coming.

If anything the lack of updates ARK1 might get post ARK2 will mean less time modders will have to spend updating and supporting their mods to.

I expect WC will continue supporting ARK1 for a while though, it wouldn't make sense for them to put so much time and effort into an UE5 upgrade just to abandon it within a year or two.. that's a massive amount of work and commitment to just throw away like that.

As for me personally, I'm trying to keep in mind that ARK 2 is going to be a very different game from the one I know now and have loved playing for years.
So there is a very real possibility that a lot of us ARK1 players won't like the changes in ARK2.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it though.
But even if ARK2 doesn't live up to ARK1, we're still going to have a very nice UE5 upgraded/remastered version of the ARK to play instead so outside of the initial cost of ARK2, it really won't be a big loss if we end up not liking ARK2 in the end.

I really hope either way that ARK1 in UE5 will be a far smaller sized game though.. ARK1 is over 400GB on my computer and I cannot install both ARK1 and ARK 2 without having to once again add more SSD's to my machine or purge a lot of other games that I like playing from it.

Archived