Mass kill own dinoes

DonaldDuck

I take it this is PVE? If so i would say the most common will be lightning wyvern 'lightning' attack, though you can be more creative, how about;

• Unpod them in a underwater cave (obviously only dinos with a oxygen stat)
  • Leave them on passive in the wyvern trench
  • Take them for swimming lessons... in lava...
  • Skydiving? jump from a high place and dont dismount.. Might be a bit slow.
  • Take them to the boss arena and 'accidentally' disconnect

Or why not stick a unlocked cryfridge at your base and let people help themselves, this is what i do on PVE, If you are on PVP its easy, logout for 10 mins 😛

1 hour ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Highly doubt someone wanting to get rid of some dinos to free up space is gonna waste time going into a boss arena. Unclaim them and announce it on the server with coordinates to claim them. 

IF you send your dinos into the boss arena, they will instantly die if you don't stand on the platform with them.   THere's no worries about claiming or unclaiming.

On 12/25/2022 at 2:33 PM, DonaldDuck said:

I have many rexes, argies, snowls, and a few others that have lower stats from my newer bred dinoes and I want to get rid of them since cryoing them also eat up resources and they keep piling up, but I can't just bite them with Rex, killing one by one takes time and kinda painful to see. 

It is painful. You have multiple options....gut yourself for some free exp. Give them away if online, or set them in their own natural environment with a full load of their food source, set them to neutral, and then "unclaim" them. 

They will not die immediately, but they will simply disappear over time. 

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

It is painful. You have multiple options....gut yourself for some free exp. Give them away if online, or set them in their own natural environment with a full load of their food source, set them to neutral, and then "unclaim" them. 

They will not die immediately, but they will simply disappear over time. 

I thought about that, leaving them unclaimed in the wild, but I am afraid it will mess with someone's tame if I leave it in the wild lol. For example if someone trying to tame a Rex, Rex attacks everything, if it sees this unclaimed dino Rex probably will attack and this unclaimed dino will attack back, while someone is trying to tame it lol. And that's one dino, if I leave like 50 unclaimed dinoes in the wild I'll get a warning by the server owner hahah.

1 hour ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

U still have to use tributes which is a waste. Just unclaim them and ur sorted 

• gamma tributes are cheap. 
  • otters can carry more than 1 of the same artifact when you take them with you.
  • you can get the artifacts super easy on valguero, crystal isles...
  • killing your dinos with a flame thrower is more fun.  The key to flame throwers, quick short bursts to save ammo.

23 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I thought about that, leaving them unclaimed in the wild, but I am afraid it will mess with someone's tame if I leave it in the wild lol. For example if someone trying to tame a Rex, Rex attacks everything, if it sees this unclaimed dino Rex probably will attack and this unclaimed dino will attack back, while someone is trying to tame it lol. And that's one dino, if I leave like 50 unclaimed dinoes in the wild I'll get a warning by the server owner hahah.

well to "tame" a unclaimed tame, all someone has to do is run up to it and claim it. No knocking it out or anything like that. Just run up to it, push a button, and boom its yours.
Now as for the server owner giving you grief, meh....I suppose that is a bigger argument. But the only other option, that is somewhat similar I suppose, is to put them all in a cryo pods, then put the cryo pods in a storage cabinet on the beach. Up to you to include a genny with a cryo fridge, but maybe some bob will come across it and get some really awesome starter dino's right out of the gate.

On 12/27/2022 at 5:26 AM, DonaldDuck said:

Unclaimed creatures will not aggro wild creatures. They just ignore them as if there not there. As suggested already unclaiming at one of the will give someone else some much needed dinos. But from my experience it tends to be the most advanced tribes that tends to hoover up all other dinos. Some peeps are just greedy I suppose 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:36 AM, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Unclaimed creatures will not aggro wild creatures. They just ignore them as if there not there. As suggested already unclaiming at one of the will give someone else some much needed dinos. But from my experience it tends to be the most advanced tribes that tends to hoover up all other dinos. Some peeps are just greedy I suppose 

I neuter all that I leave out for people to pick up because of this fact.  People will be greedy and take them all, so I make them all useless to hoard.

I just found out today about Carcharodontosaurus taming and it needs carcasses (draggable dead dino). Maybe I can use these obsolete dinoes for taming it ? But the problem with pve setting is we cannot attack unclaimed dino (tried to kill baby thyla the other day but I couldn't, due to pve setting).

But Carcharodontosaurus taming even if he already allows me to ride it, he's considered a wild, right ? Can I attack my tamed dinoes or unclaimed dinoes on pve server for taming it ?

Dino carcass has drag weight, if I level my weight to 550 (rex drag weight), can I drag rex carcass ?

2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I just found out today about Carcharodontosaurus taming and it needs carcasses (draggable dead dino). Maybe I can use these obsolete dinoes for taming it ? But the problem with pve setting is we cannot attack unclaimed dino (tried to kill baby thyla the other day but I couldn't, due to pve setting).

But Carcharodontosaurus taming even if he already allows me to ride it, he's considered a wild, right ? Can I attack my tamed dinoes or unclaimed dinoes on pve server for taming it ?

Dino carcass has drag weight, if I level my weight to 550 (rex drag weight), can I drag rex carcass ?

YOu can always kill your own tames with weapons.  There are specific animals that are able to damage your own tames;  Lightning/Ice/Fire/Poison wyverns can all damage your own tames, there maybe more but i'm still waking up.

I think you are correct, having weight over 600 should let u carry the carcas.

3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

YOu can always kill your own tames with weapons.  There are specific animals that are able to damage your own tames;  Lightning/Ice/Fire/Poison wyverns can all damage your own tames, there maybe more but i'm still waking up.

I think you are correct, having weight over 600 should let u carry the carcas.

Damn yea, I forgot lol, weapon ALWAYS works, but there is a but, unclaimed dino can NOT be hurt with anything for PVE, haven't tried wyvern tho. I tried killing unwanted baby the other day but I couldn't. I let it starve in the end.

Now I think about using my unused dinoes as fodder for Carcharodontosaurus, AFTER it allows me to ride it. Can it kill my tames directly since it is still wild dino or I have to kill it with wyvern/weapon.

For raising friend bar with the Carcharodontosaurus, is it true baby rex works best ? like only need one and it goes instantly 100% and let me ride it.

With these kinds of tames its usually just about quality of the meat.  A baby rex is as good as an adult rex generally speaking.  Things that would up the value faster; wyverns, rock elementals, basilisks, these sorts of animals nearby would beat out eating parasaurs and trikes.  Luring them to the area beforehand would be a good strategy.

alphas?  I wouldn't put it past WC to make alphas meaningless to the taming process, but if they didn't do that, then alphas would be the best food you could find.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived