Single player setting reverting to default

Grantus

• 2 weeks later...

So it's not possible to play with any settings?

I want to do a play through with official settings but once I enter the game they keep resetting.

I turned off single player settings, set difficulty to 1 and 5 also tried maximum difficulty turned on with those settings but dinos are still appearing at random levels in game even know after using the command to wipe dinos.

Nothing I seem to do saves when I set the settings and enter the game.

Some settings save, and others don't.  Here are some that I know (from my own gameplay in singleplayer):

These settings save: (General) Difficulty Level (cannot be raised above 1), XP Multiplier, Taming Speed, Harvest Amount, Player Character Health Recovery, Dino Character Health Recovery  (Advanced) Non-Permanent Diseases, Resources Respawn Period, Day Cycle Speed, Day Time Speed, Night Time Speed, Increase Platform Structure Limit

These settings do NOT save: (General) Structure Repair Cooldown, Maximum Difficulty, Use Singleplayer Settings (reverts to ON), Disable Structure Placement Collision, Allow Flier Speed Leveling  (Advanced) All Dino and Player Stats per Level

This list is by no means complete, since this just reflects settings I have changed, and some I have never touched.  I hope that this is in some way useful.  Please feel free to add to this list.  If we know which settings save and which do not, it will help with deciding the right gameplay settings.

Happy Ark-ing!

12 hours ago, ObstinateSparrow said:

Some settings save, and others don't.  Here are some that I know (from my own gameplay in singleplayer):

These settings save: (General) Difficulty Level (cannot be raised above 1), XP Multiplier, Taming Speed, Harvest Amount, Player Character Health Recovery, Dino Character Health Recovery  (Advanced) Non-Permanent Diseases, Resources Respawn Period, Day Cycle Speed, Day Time Speed, Night Time Speed, Increase Platform Structure Limit

These settings do NOT save: (General) Structure Repair Cooldown, Maximum Difficulty, Use Singleplayer Settings (reverts to ON), Disable Structure Placement Collision, Allow Flier Speed Leveling  (Advanced) All Dino and Player Stats per Level

This list is by no means complete, since this just reflects settings I have changed, and some I have never touched.  I hope that this is in some way useful.  Please feel free to add to this list.  If we know which settings save and which do not, it will help with deciding the right gameplay settings.

Happy Ark-ing!

Is it possible to get dinos to spawn in increments of 5 like on official servers up to 150?

I've tried what people online say but they keep spawning in at random levels.

3 hours ago, Grandta said:

Is it possible to get dinos to spawn in increments of 5 like on official servers up to 150?

I've tried what people online say but they keep spawning in at random levels.

Use the console command 'setdifficultyvalue 5.0'

This can be set all the way to 10.0, which gives a max level of 300!  I've tried this myself, and it works.  You just have to remember to use this command every time you log into the game.  (To do this, check 'Console Access' in the Options menu.  Then when the game is paused, press the - button to use console commands.  It usually saves the commands used, so it's really easy to re-use commands.)

On 12/31/2022 at 6:52 PM, ObstinateSparrow said:

Use the console command 'setdifficultyvalue 5.0'

This can be set all the way to 10.0, which gives a max level of 300!  I've tried this myself, and it works.  You just have to remember to use this command every time you log into the game.  (To do this, check 'Console Access' in the Options menu.  Then when the game is paused, press the - button to use console commands.  It usually saves the commands used, so it's really easy to re-use commands.)

Will that spawn dinosaurs in increments of 5 or will it set all dinos to max 150?

Whatever the value you set, is the increment. The max level is always 30x that value (120 for 4.0, 150 for 5.0 and etc.)

Archived