What's Quetzal is good for now ? (pve)

DonaldDuck

I use my Quetzal frequently. I got him pumped up on speed and tend to use it mostly for project support like building, or recovering dino's & other things stuck in the air. The big advantage it has is that you can easily dismount mid-air and move around it's platform, using it as a shooting platform etc. It's also a great & fun challenge taming them in mid-air. Example... used him to help build my Giga pitfall & taming trap below. 

405497956_GigaPitfall-Copy.thumb.jpg.28db53d684a167632cd0d2bfb29594ce.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I use my Quetzal frequently. I got him pumped up on speed and tend to use it mostly for project support like building, or recovering dino's & other things stuck in the air. The big advantage it has is that you can easily dismount mid-air and move around it's platform, using it as a shooting platform etc. It's also a great & fun challenge taming them in mid-air. Example... used him to help build my Giga pitfall & taming trap below. 

That's a cool trap.

6 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Quetzal can be pumped on speed ? Are you playing on a server that enables speed stat for flyers or it's enabled just for Quetzal?

==

Imo flyer movement speed should be brought back by default. Back then we only had limited number of main flyers. Ptera, Argy and Quetzal, also Wyvern. Wyvern is fastest but control is quite horrible, Ptera is 2nd fastest but limited in other stats, Argy 3rd and Quetzal last. Then Griffin was introduced. I think the idea at that time was to promote Griffin for stealing wyvern eggs and not using other flyers. But now that we have various travelling method flyers, gliders, jumpers, teleport points etc, travelling by air is sometimes in most cases is even trumped by gliders, maewing can be crazy fast for travelling around map and terrains. So that flyer speed rule is kinda obsolete and should make flyer great again in term of speed. Even if they can travel with crazy speed in the air, they sacrifice other stats, they're mutated, so they have earned it.

Land dinoes without glide/jump also need to be boosted in speed so they can be viable for land transport. The fastest land dino probably cannot compare with the fastest dino with fly/glide/jump/etc ability, and even with movement speed that can be leveled up, land dinoes still can't match the fastest flyer and still sacrificing other stats.

20 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's a cool trap.

Thanks! Yea, it works great. You can get them to aggro on your wyvern (though I usually carry a trike to tempt them), then lead them through the gate into the pitfall trap, as you land on the elevated platform. You can stand on the elevated platform just out of Giga reach and knock them out. Then walk down the ramp and straight into the pen with them. 

7 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Thanks! Yea, it works great. You can get them to aggro on your wyvern (though I usually carry a trike to tempt them), then lead them through the gate into the pitfall trap, as you land on the elevated platform. You can stand on the elevated platform just out of Giga reach and knock them out. Then walk down the ramp and straight into the pen with them. 

Wow, that's far more elegant than trying to trap the thing with gateways while running for your life. If I ever feel that ambitious I'll give it a try.

Archived