Broodmother boss fight

pavel12

First off, you will need to check out the obelisk (Green specifically on single player for Broodmother) and see what artifacts & tribute items you will need.  The Broodmother does have the easiest artifact caves on the Island, a good sabertooth or random high level megatherium (bring grabbling hooks & cryopod for sloth) can clear them easily enough. Bring plenty of med brews whenever you go caving, in case you get mega rabies.  

As for the fight itself, you can bring 20 tames; some large creatures, like gigas, flyers, and climbers, like thylas, are not allowed in the arena.  For almost any of the boss arenas you will want either a yuty and 19 damage dealers, or yuty+daedon and 18 damage dealers.  

The best general purpose damage dealers are rexes, therizinos, and shadowmanes. Some other creatures are useful for specific fights - megatheriums are exceptionally good for broodmother, due to their bug killer buff, for example. 

Since you have single player settings on, you will not need super high quality tames to do the bosses.  Just tame a few high level ones, breed together the ones that tamed out with the best stats, get the babies raised up, saddled, and leveled up decently, and bosses will not be an issue. Hell, for the gamma fights feel free to toss in a few of your breeding reject wild tames. Keep your best breeders at base, of course.

Do keep an eye out for saddle blueprints - the damage reduction is extremely handy, especially for the harder boss fights. 

18 hours ago, pavel12 said:

I want to fight the broodmother, but I don't know what do I need. I have singleplayer settings checked, my dinos are not great. Any suggestions?

typical method, use megatheriums since the get a huge boost after murdering the little minion spiders. Go to the winter part of the island, keep eye's peeled for any above level 120, and then get a breeding pair. Breed them together to produce offspring with the best stats, then breed those to make the army. Rasy bug clap.

the long term method. Useing the same creatures you wish to use against both the megapithicus and the dragon......I use therizino's, but due to this I typically gotta run cakes to help deal with the spider.....the monkey is an easier fight most of the time. Same deal as the megatheriums.....high levels, breed for stats, take perfect offspring and breed out a whole army. Same could be said for rex's, but you need mutations for the dragon fight.

Mmmmm, I ain't ever tried single player. I have run my own server cluster with mostly "Small Tribes" settings and on this lot I did kill my first Alpha boss (Scorched Manticor) with wild tamed lightning Wyrmes - before they could breed. But when I tried the same trick (as @wizard03 outlines with a bit of breeding to get consistent good stats) with the Brood Mother on the Island, I got wasted at the Beta level, never mind Alpha! Since then I have spent a year IRL (literally since last Christmas) trying to do the stat stacking thing on a bunch of Rex's.  Sure I work, and I play other games as well, so it ain't been a full time gig - but I dunno that I am yet anywhere close to going at Alpha spider - never mind the damn dragon ;(
I have not looked at what kind of difference Single Player brings to the mix. From memory the available dino spawns are not so great, but the boss fights are a lot easier. But I cannot quantify what the actual difference is.

10 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Mmmmm, I ain't ever tried single player. I have run my own server cluster with mostly "Small Tribes" settings and on this lot I did kill my first Alpha boss (Scorched Manticor) with wild tamed lightning Wyrmes - before they could breed. But when I tried the same trick (as @wizard03 outlines with a bit of breeding to get consistent good stats) with the Brood Mother on the Island, I got wasted at the Beta level, never mind Alpha! Since then I have spent a year IRL (literally since last Christmas) trying to do the stat stacking thing on a bunch of Rex's.  Sure I work, and I play other games as well, so it ain't been a full time gig - but I dunno that I am yet anywhere close to going at Alpha spider - never mind the damn dragon ;(
I have not looked at what kind of difference Single Player brings to the mix. From memory the available dino spawns are not so great, but the boss fights are a lot easier. But I cannot quantify what the actual difference is.

trust me man, megatheriums....best possible spider fighter in the game. As for thing being easier......its still a fight, at least if you don't cheese it with violent over breeding just for mutations or by useing creative mode to make those super ascendent saddles. 

10 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I've used rexes only for broodmother alpha and megapithecus exclusively and they worked fine. 41khp and 1600melee on them at hatch with a full imprint and some leveling them crush all that oppose them. Don't even bother with a pig or yuty. Never lost a single rex

That ain't a rex - that's a wild Giga LOL .........

On 12/25/2022 at 1:37 PM, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I've used rexes only for broodmother alpha and megapithecus exclusively and they worked fine. 41khp and 1600melee on them at hatch with a full imprint and some leveling them crush all that oppose them. Don't even bother with a pig or yuty. Never lost a single rex

sounds like a waste.....sure skip the pig, but takeing 30% less damage so that you don't have to wait for healing is still appealing...

I did the broodmkther and megapithecus yesterday one after the other and my 15 rexes with 70-80k hp slaughtered both of them within 1 minute of attacking them. I just sat there and watched. After both bosses were killed I had taken 6k hp on the lowest hp rex. Fail to prepare and u will fail. My dinos rip apart anything they go near. 

Archived