Ark Unofficial Server Question

ShinyDracovish

So I been wondering, after ARK2 releases if they were to shutdown all the servers for ARK would Unofficial servers still be up? 

I'm wondering this because I own a server myself and I want to keep everything on it and still run it after the servers go down but I don't know if them shutting down the ARK servers would mean that Unofficial will go with it.

• Volunteer Moderator

I think they could shut down the old official servers without affecting unofficials. That doesn't mean they will allow unofficials to continue after releasing Ark 2.

I don't think they would do that, but they are going to have to figure out a way to nudge people over to Ark 2. Will be interesting to see how they do that.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, ShinyDracovish said:

yeah they probably would shut down official servers

I can def see them repurposing many of them for Ark 2. I bet unofficial stay working for a while. They may not fix anymore bugs but with few to no new changes to Ark the servers should keep on chugging. Now... will the server providing companies want to keep providing and offering support for the old unofficial servers. Don't know.

Although I can imagine WildCard wanting people to move to Ark 2, I don't see them taking away the ability for people to run unofficial Ark 1 servers.
They've already said that unofficials will be able to trigger Ark 1 events (Easter, Raptor Claus, etc) after official support for them ends.

Additionally: I don't think WildCard would want to alienate players.  I for one would be severely annoyed if I couldn't carry on running an Ark 1 server.

• 8 months later...