What would encourage you to join? Making potential changes to current server.

Atoukk

I've been running a server for about a year now and have seen many people come and go. For awhile we had a nice amount of players but as is Ark many people take breaks but are still part of the disscord server, AFK until the game entices them again and many people leave due to inactivity.

The question is what would encourage you to join a server? We are in the midst of making some changes to get the dedicated players to return and for new players to come join whether its adding/removing mods, changing server stats, etc.

This is not an advertisement but for clarity here are our current stats and are looking to change if needed;

1.5x XP/Gather (originally 2.5x until recently)
10x Taming, 50x Mature, 0.02x Mating, 73x Egg Hatch, 5x Imprint (for faster breeding)

with Player/Dino per level stats increased which will be lowered in the coming months.

Our current mods are Awesome Spyglass, S+, Dino Storage, Ark Additions: The Collection, Editable Server UI (WBUI) for all maps and Eco's RP Decor for the PvE maps. Also have ArkShop, DinoTracker, and Autobases APIs

We do not wipe (or have not) but are willing to if enough people are interested. We do not have ORP but might enable it if thats the popular option. We are a PvP/PvE cluster with 8 maps that can be transferred to freely 4 maps dedicated to both sides each. We also have 2 separate maps dedicated to primal fear in their own cluster used as a trial.

Please any suggestions are welcome as I will forward this to my disscord for feedback and see if the rest of the cluster population will vote for any of the changes suggested. Thank You

I think a lot of the reason people may not join is simply because they are established on another cluster.  I for one play xbox official and since I can't transfer dinos that I have spent years raising and building up to the levels they are now, I don't dare leave my servers.

That being said, I believe if you made it so that (on PVE, don't play PVP) you can only pillar within a certain area around your base and not all the way down a river, or an entire plateau not even close to you, this would entice me if I ever got Ark'd and lost everything on my xbox.  (I do have it on PC, but never installed it)

This may not have helped much, but I don't go to a lot of servers because everywhere I look there are pillars.

Edit:  One thing I forgot, make it where there are no transfer timers.  I personally am tired of playing 'timers..the video game'.

We only have timers on our pvp side of the cluster, our pve side have no timers for transfers.

Thank you for the feedback 😊 I totally understand not wanting to start over on a new cluster with having spent many hours building up on another cluster. We have a tribe on the cluster I am hosting on now fearing a potential wipe.

Personally, a server like this seems like it would be right up my ally, if I decided to play on a server again. Though I'm aware that very few people like the same rates I do (meaning, I like them very low).

I did run a server for a short while, not really getting a lot of people to join. So I asked online to see what would stop someone like them from joining, and they pretty much said that the rates were to low for there tastes, and that people usually play unofficial for them to be really high. 

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I thought I'd share.

1 hour ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Personally, a server like this seems like it would be right up my ally, if I decided to play on a server again. Though I'm aware that very few people like the same rates I do (meaning, I like them very low).

I did run a server for a short while, not really getting a lot of people to join. So I asked online to see what would stop someone like them from joining, and they pretty much said that the rates were to low for there tastes, and that people usually play unofficial for them to be really high. 

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I thought I'd share.

Thanks for the feedback. I also like rates being semi low as i don't like games being too easy. I'm not looking to beat the game bosses in a day or scale to Tek in 3-6hrs.

Personally, I like building so when I look for servers I prefer 5x harvest since it feels like I'm not spending hours and hours just to make a stone raft and i feel 5x is right at the sweet spot to not feel too overpowered and still give the sense of achievement. I used to play a lot back in the old days of ark and racked up most of my time on the now legacy official so i got to enjoy plenty of vanilla grinding in💀.

If i were to highlight my preferred tags it would be: PvP, 5x, and not too modded (S+ and awesome spyglass are cool, but some of the weird role play stuff is off putting)

Archived