Alpha Rckwell with 2 people on official PVE

vicxtn

Me and my tribemate are preparing for Rockwell but we still not sure about what strat we should go with. We  are leaning more towards mounting top stat rock drakes and keeping them invisible as we shoot tentacles with our shotguns (250-260 damage on those). For rockwell itself we still debating whether its better to bring top aberrant spinos or top ab megalosaurus. Any one know whats best? I hear the megalos are weak when not mounted but haven't seen anything proving that.

Also, I have seen some recent videos of people saying "no more pink balls" in the arena, is that true? or is there something we can do to keep them from appearing (they had several tames in the video). 

Just looking for some tips in general from ppl that have more experience with it. 

12 hours ago, L4D2 said:

i do gamma and beta solo with 298 shotgun and glider, no dino official pve,i don't think alpha is doable that way, but with 2 people probably yes

Yeah, ive seen videos of people attempting alpha solo and the timer runs out just as they are shooting the last round of tentacles, but I think since we are gonna go as a duo, we can take down the tentacles in half the time.  

On 12/7/2022 at 5:13 AM, vicxtn said:

Me and my tribemate are preparing for Rockwell but we still not sure about what strat we should go with. We  are leaning more towards mounting top stat rock drakes and keeping them invisible as we shoot tentacles with our shotguns (250-260 damage on those). For rockwell itself we still debating whether its better to bring top aberrant spinos or top ab megalosaurus. Any one know whats best? I hear the megalos are weak when not mounted but haven't seen anything proving that.

Also, I have seen some recent videos of people saying "no more pink balls" in the arena, is that true? or is there something we can do to keep them from appearing (they had several tames in the video). 

Just looking for some tips in general from ppl that have more experience with it. 

The balls of energy no longer track you and instead just fire out randomly, no need for cactus broth in that regard.   There are still the nameless and reapers though so the cactus broth is super handy with that.   

You can pretty much just use a tek suit and tek bows or shotguns.  If you had 275%+ tek bows and lots of element in order to burn up element shards, I would use that instead of the shotguns. 

Shadowmanes or any top stat dino that can go in would be fine setup right in front of RW in the pathway to him.  YOu could have 4 shadowmanes/velons in front attacking unridden and then you have 2 people up above hovering in tek suits knocking out the tentacles, it could work maybe.  Also, you are limited in how many tames you can get inside, no matter what you do - drops are hard to come by and they are often in horrible locations for setting up, and the platforms have their own challenges.

The megas are hit and miss, we have used them but we had so much firepower from players and tames, that we were sure to win no matter what.  When the mega bite does work, its insane damage. But they like to use their grab attack when unridden which does next to nothing.  If you had 2 people riding them instead in front of Rockwell just for the moments he's vulnerable, then I'd think the 2 people w/ shotguns hovering in tek suits might be enough for the tentacles.

We used to go in w/ drakes and invis or not from my experience, you will draw agro and the drakes will come out bloody even with a 124 saddle.  Usually at least 1 person would lose a drake out of 5 to 6 people going in.  I don't recommend this strategy anymore since its super easy to do the tek suit hover + firepower right down in front of Rockwell method.

19 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

The balls of energy no longer track you and instead just fire out randomly, no need for cactus broth in that regard.   There are still the nameless and reapers though so the cactus broth is super handy with that.   

You can pretty much just use a tek suit and tek bows or shotguns.  If you had 275%+ tek bows and lots of element in order to burn up element shards, I would use that instead of the shotguns. 

Shadowmanes or any top stat dino that can go in would be fine setup right in front of RW in the pathway to him.  YOu could have 4 shadowmanes/velons in front attacking unridden and then you have 2 people up above hovering in tek suits knocking out the tentacles, it could work maybe.  Also, you are limited in how many tames you can get inside, no matter what you do - drops are hard to come by and they are often in horrible locations for setting up, and the platforms have their own challenges.

The megas are hit and miss, we have used them but we had so much firepower from players and tames, that we were sure to win no matter what.  When the mega bite does work, its insane damage. But they like to use their grab attack when unridden which does next to nothing.  If you had 2 people riding them instead in front of Rockwell just for the moments he's vulnerable, then I'd think the 2 people w/ shotguns hovering in tek suits might be enough for the tentacles.

We used to go in w/ drakes and invis or not from my experience, you will draw agro and the drakes will come out bloody even with a 124 saddle.  Usually at least 1 person would lose a drake out of 5 to 6 people going in.  I don't recommend this strategy anymore since its super easy to do the tek suit hover + firepower right down in front of Rockwell method.

tysm for the advice. We are probably going to use tek suits, just tryin to figure out the best way to bring element over there. With fjordur is kinda easy to get the gems now so we probably going to transfer all the materials and just grab the element ore there and craft some element. 

Thanks again 

• 1 month later...

UPADATING ON THIS (ROCKWELL BOSS AFTER THE UPDATE) 

we did gamma and alpha. Gamma we tried binging a Shinehorn and hovering in tek suits, but that made more balls spawn (apparently, idk if its really related to the amount of tames), but the balls DO STILL TARGET THE PLAYER, so don't go in counting on them not following you, bring a fabricated pistol or a assault rifle to shoot them. We tried gamma again just for testing and didn't bring any shoulder pets, that time almost no balls spawned, and we defeated it in less than 10 mins. 

Alpha was a whole other story. Balls spawned like crazy! Even with no tames. So that was a big issue cause we had to stop shooting tentacles for a few second to shoot the balls coming for us. In the end we managed to finish with 3 SECOND LEFT LOL. Almost had a heart attack at the end. 

So if you're trying to to this with few people id say at least 3 players. Or if you only have 2 like me, try with something that deals more damage like a good tek rifle (we went in with 297 shotguns). 

Ive recorded most of the fight and ill leave the link here if anyones interested in watching it, pretty epic at the end lol. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Thats why use cactus broth without tames,nothing detect you,gasballs no spawn.

Alpha rockwell in official,7 players with shotguns and cactus broth

that`s what we did, no tames and cactus broth, but still a lot of balls spawned. Your fight was before the update? I feel like they changed that after the update on December 2022, cause even on gamma a few balls spawned and were targeting us. 

Time was the only issue really cause we are just 2 people in the tribe. So if no balls spawned it would've been much easier. 

Edited by vicxtn

On 2/7/2023 at 7:50 AM, vicxtn said:

Alpha was a whole other story. Balls spawned like crazy! Even with no tames. So that was a big issue cause we had to stop shooting tentacles for a few second to shoot the balls coming for us. In the end we managed to finish with 3 SECOND LEFT LOL. Almost had a heart attack at the end. 

So if you're trying to to this with few people id say at least 3 players. Or if you only have 2 like me, try with something that deals more damage like a good tek rifle (we went in with 297 shotguns). 

well done.  It was just mentioned before me, cactus broth is a game changer for this fight.  The other change I would suggest, is go into 3rd person before reloading your shotgun.   I see now you caught that after the first minute or so.  Yea, cactus broth would make the balls fly in random directions.  That's the only edit I would make to your method.  

Edited by GrumpyBear

On 2/8/2023 at 7:49 PM, GrumpyBear said:

well done.  It was just mentioned before me, cactus broth is a game changer for this fight.  The other change I would suggest, is go into 3rd person before reloading your shotgun.   I see now you caught that after the first minute or so.  Yea, cactus broth would make the balls fly in random directions.  That's the only edit I would make to your method.  

I forgot to drink cactus broth and go 3rd person when I entered but I did drink it after the first round or so, and it still seemed like the balls were targeting me, I don’t of not having it from the beginning affected something. 

4 hours ago, vicxtn said:

I forgot to drink cactus broth and go 3rd person when I entered but I did drink it after the first round or so, and it still seemed like the balls were targeting me, I don’t of not having it from the beginning affected something. 

It could be they have fixed things in there since I last ran alpha.  Before, people were saying the balls stopped targeting people even without the broth.  That might have been broken and then later fixed.  They don't tell us much these days on bug fixes if they consider it an exploit.

Props though go to you two.  You have shown Ark, you are survivors.

Edited by GrumpyBear

• 3 months later...

My friend and I just did beta yesterday with 2 top level rock drakes and 298 shotguns. We still had about 12-14 minutes left on the timer when we finished. We never used the cloak or anything, the reapers and nameless that spawn are super easy to kill if they become bothersome but we honestly just ignored them for most of the fight. Are the balls removed from all difficulties now? There were no balls in gamma or beta at all.

• 3 months later...