New ark player taken prisoner

okie0311

ive only been playing a week and I was playing this morning and trying to kill a lizard for meat, as i was chasing it i was killed by another animal. as i was close to my bed and house i would respawn at my house in my bed and go back and get my gear.  Well this is where something isnt right, as i selected my bed to respawn and watched the load screen i got up in a 4x4 steel prison cell, now i know even on a pve server you can get got, and i'm fine with it, if i was tranqed and then put in a cell, but to be spawned into a cell without combat is not right. Is there a way out or some help that can be given?

3 hours ago, okie0311 said:

ive only been playing a week and I was playing this morning and trying to kill a lizard for meat, as i was chasing it i was killed by another animal. as i was close to my bed and house i would respawn at my house in my bed and go back and get my gear.  Well this is where something isnt right, as i selected my bed to respawn and watched the load screen i got up in a 4x4 steel prison cell, now i know even on a pve server you can get got, and i'm fine with it, if i was tranqed and then put in a cell, but to be spawned into a cell without combat is not right. Is there a way out or some help that can be given?

Is the bed you are talking about a real bed on foundations or a sleeping bag on the floor?  if it was just a sleeping bag it may be that the owners of that prison saw you leave, and built those walls around your sleeping bag. the limit to be able to build near your property exists only if you have your own foundation or door (someone correct me if this is not exactly correct)

31 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Is the bed you are talking about a real bed on foundations or a sleeping bag on the floor? do you play pvp? if it was just a sleeping bag it may be that the owners of that prison saw you leave, and built those walls around your sleeping bag. the limit to be able to build near your property exists only if you have your own foundation or door (someone correct me if this is not exactly correct)

Correct.  Even experienced players can have misunderstandings on what objects don't have boundary restrictions.   A sleeping bag , wooden storages, campfires, fence foundations...none of these things prohibit others from building near them.

It is also a possibility that you accidently unclicked your bed and it spawned you in a random location.  Or it was just an Ark mess up.

When Lost Island first came out, almost everytime I tried to respawn in my bed I would be spawned in someone's base and I had to use my stamina (which hurts you) or wait until I died from hunger/thirst.  Also there have been many, many times  on the Island when I know I clicked my bed, but Ark spawned me in a random location.  I've learned to travel naked.

What I'm getting at, is that people tend to build on the spawn points and if you accidently unclicked your bed, or just Ark being Ark, you may have spawned in a random spawnpoint where someone built a cage.

i was not captured, but must of unselected my bed and went to a random spawn point, and i believe this person has a cell built around this spawn point. i had to wait till i died and respawned out of there. But in that time i lost all my gear  and some of it was good stuff given to me by another player.

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, okie0311 said:

i was not captured, but must of unselected my bed and went to a random spawn point, and i believe this person has a cell built around this spawn point. i had to wait till i died and respawned out of there. But in that time i lost all my gear  and some of it was good stuff given to me by another player.

You can report that spawn point to support. They can remove the block. https://support.survivetheark.com

3 hours ago, okie0311 said:

Also, if this happens again make sure you get screen shots to include with your ticket to the support team.

Archived