Question of the Day-Maewing vs. Rock Drake

Griffin998

Maewing or Rock Drake?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Maewing or Rock Drake? Choose one, then explain in the comments.

Personally, I prefer the Rock Drake in terms of utility. It's fast, it climbs, it's powerful, and it's also pretty. It can also hold two people, and is more prestigious because of the difficulty associated with obtaining one. But the Maewing's rather adorable, and it's also much faster (in open air anyways).

I never really traveled with a Maewing. I suppose its a good traveler, but Id go with a Drake all the time since its capable to do more than just travel, its a lot stronger so it can attack stuff and all. Even though their weight is about the same I think, the Maewing should just stay at home and take care of the babies :)

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

But I'd say both can be outclassed for speed by a gasbag pumped w/ oxy and run speed.

Hoold up-you can pump speed on a gasbags? Okay then. But then, a mana would outclass a gasbags again, right? Speed, attacking power...not sure about it's weight though. Gasbag's weight is phenomenal.

3 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Hoold up-you can pump speed on a gasbags? Okay then. But then, a mana would outclass a gasbags again, right? Speed, attacking power...not sure about it's weight though. Gasbag's weight is phenomenal.

Yes,  they can be super fast and their speed and distance traveled rivals a mana if you spend the points for it.

13 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

Drake for me, because have you tried going uphill on a maewing?

Fair point. If you got some solid altitude on the maewing though, it's speed is nearly unparalleled by any creature in the game, aside from maybe a mana, since it's literally got rocket engines on it's feet.

• 1 month later...

Maewing and its not even close.

Only place Drake wins is aberration just due to the nature of the map.

Maewings have more utility and are much more well rounded, despite being infinitely more easy to obtain.

Drake might have more raw power, but dont sleep on a high level Mae with a bit of melee pumped. It's belly flop actually wrecks.

Archived