Help I accidentally Duped!!

mudplayerx

Long story short my main server was crashing constantly (like every 20 minutes) so I decided to transfer off. I started transferring materials from the old server to the new server and building a base there. On one of my return transfers to the old server (to gather more supplies) the server crashed. This led to a duplicated character being uploaded into the new server that I want to move to. Now when I try to transfer my main original character back to the new server nothing happens in the game. The menu just sits there.

How do I get rid of that uploaded, duplicated character on the new server? Can I do it without losing all the dinos and buildings that I have there? This really sucks.

I submitted a ticket but I am scared that WC won't even really understand what happened.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, mudplayerx said:

How do I get rid of that uploaded, duplicated character on the new server? Can I do it without losing all the dinos and buildings that I have there? This really sucks.

The safest way is to go on a server you never played on with the duped, commit suicide and overwrite it with a new one. Once that is done, you will be able to go back on your original server and upload your original character normally.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

The safest way is to go on a server you never played on with the duped, commit suicide and overwrite it with a new one. Once that is done, you will be able to go back on your original server and upload your original character normally.

Off topic sorry, but for years I have had only 1 battlemetrics "profile" (not web-acount) but at some point a few years ago, I ended up with 2, after getting my character duped, or during "the great migration" not sure exactly when... Maybe its a steam related issue...

But about 8 months ago appearantly I started getting a lot of profiles. Now I seem to have a profile for every seperate server and lot of dead ones...

Anything to worry about?

Edit: Now I think about it, it might have someting to do with the fact that I have battlemetrics premium...
But I dont recall claiming player profile, or know if this would cause it...

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Off topic sorry, but for years I have had only 1 battlemetrics "profile" (not web-acount) but at some point a few years ago, I ended up with 2, after getting my character duped, or during "the great migration" not sure exactly when... Maybe its a steam related issue...

But about 8 months ago appearantly I started getting a lot of profiles. Now I seem to have a profile for every seperate server and lot of dead ones...

Anything to worry about?

Edit: Now I think about it, it might have someting to do with the fact that I have battlemetrics premium...
But I dont recall claiming player profile, or know if this would cause it...

Well, services such as BattleMetrics are inaccurate. Basically, what they do is query SMS to get a list of servers that are online and query their information. That information includes a list of players that are connected, but all it really provides is their public profile name and no unique identifiers whatsoever. Which means that, if you have a commonly used name, you will see random activity that are not from you, etc. because they cannot differentiate between players past their name. They, however, may attempt to isolate players based on their activity such as playing different games, playing on different servers, but there is no way they can be precisely do so.

That said, some servers deliberately give these services access to more data by connecting their servers through RCON with them. Which then allows these services to precisely identify some players using their SteamID, IP, etc. Not only servers owner are paying to give away the data of their players, but players are paying so that this data is not publicized.

In other words; server owners are paying $10 monthly to give data away. Players are then paying $5 monthly to privatize their data.

In conclusion, if you want to hide your activity from these services, don't play on servers that share your activity with them and use a generic profile name. For example, "123" that is quite popular within the ARK community for that very reason.

Archived