storing cryopods longterm

theroof19xx

I want to ask a question. I have been told that cryofridges do a "check" for spoil time only when opened, not continuously. A cryofridge has a decay of 39 days. If I was to leave a fridge unpowered for 38 days then power up said cryofridge would my pods be at full charge or dead? Looking for long term storage since I'm leaving for a bit. I was just wondering if I could take advantage of the "Chek" only when opened function.

I have no idea what happens past 30 days. But they can definitely go 30days w/out being powered, power up and then open fridge and they will be at full charge. 

I think the way someone would have to test is leave some trash babys in a cryo and disconnect it from power for 30 days then see if msg comes up before u open on 31st day.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, theroof19xx said:

If I was to leave a fridge unpowered for 38 days then power up said cryofridge would my pods be at full charge or dead?

They would be at full charge because they would receive 38 days worth of charge on top of the charge you left them at and max out. More details:

23 hours ago, theroof19xx said:

I want to ask a question. I have been told that cryofridges do a "check" for spoil time only when opened, not continuously. A cryofridge has a decay of 39 days. If I was to leave a fridge unpowered for 38 days then power up said cryofridge would my pods be at full charge or dead? Looking for long term storage since I'm leaving for a bit. I was just wondering if I could take advantage of the "Chek" only when opened function.

Id say do a double power run on any fridges you have.....A tradition gas powered gen and a tek gen as well. This ensures they have power all the time, even if the cables accidentally decayed. 
As for takeing a gamble on the "checking"  thing, its literally your tames your takeing a gamble on, would you really feel comfotable in the fact that they could all go poof if you do that?

Archived