Creatures for TLC 4

kage13ofmordor

Suggestion

Ark Survival Evolved is close to completion, wildcard recently add Carcharodontosaurus, and again start working with Garuga (I hope that was for make Ark: Additions official) and maybe we can have more than 10 new creatures to the game in 2023, but i feel ark need some more before Ark 2 arrived, and that should be the tlc 4, and a lote of creatures need it, but i chose 5 for write this.

1. Giganotosaurus. The unbeatable king until now with the carcha, its all right with the role in the game but the apex predator of the game need some visual renewal, like Paleo Ark Giga tlc, i think the design was perfect.

image.jpeg.5845281ffbc1bd5af9fd56c9f93503e4.jpeg

2 Megalodon. What can i say about the one of most iconics, usefuls and ugly fish, only improve the design of the meg and make it more stylized, i think with that will be enough

3. Carnotaurus. Hell yes the Carno need a visual rework now, and some decent hability like Paleo Ark Carno.

4. Mosasaurs. Need a visual rework, like a big water varano, improve the design a maybe add him a buff to kill creatures.

5.Quetzal. He need be strong creature, the king of he Skys, and of course a visual rework.

If you think other cretures need tlc too say it

13 replies to this server topic

Given Ark development seems pretty much finished, my proposals would be around some creatures that don't offer much in PvE and trying to avoid things that would need Animation changes or affect PvP.

Amargasaurus - I love the look of the creature and animations, but I just don't find any use for it at all especially for the hassle involved to tame one. So, I'd suggest implementing an Aura bubble, say the size of a tek shield whose effects directly link to the spike type. That could make it a better pack animal for exploring harsh conditions.

Ice spikes - increases insulation vs heat

Fire spikes - Increases insulation vs cold

Armour piercing spikes - creates a fear/de-agro for creatures like Carno and smaller (creating safer camping area around it)

Ovis - Able to passively produce 1 bottle of Milk (similar to the Basilo ability for oil)

Pachy - Brief, large speed boost after releasing the gas . Also acts as a Gas mask for the rider

Pegomastix - Ability to steal pearls/rare flowers/mushrooms/Cement paste from Beaver dams without agro-ing the Breavers (oviraptor style).

Anky and Doedicurus - I always felt given these harvest metal and stone, they look way too small. Scaling them up (should not affect animations?). I feel the Anky in particular would look a lot better just slightly smaller than a Trike. If that meant it couldn't be picked up by an Argy (in effect a buff to the use of a Quetz although  now that cryo pods are a thing...) you could compensate by adding ability to reflect a portion of the close combat attacks. Not as much as Arthro or Kentro of course.

Pelagornis - Rider can use weapons if sat still/hovering

Lymantria - Night vision identical to night goggles and de-agro effect by spores 

Arthropluera - Passively generated stacks or Chitin (shedding plates)

Scorpion  - Passively create stacks of naroctics from their poison

& Tinanboa - Passively create stacks of stimulant (anti venom) from their poison

On an more elaborate note. Creatures with hard exoskeleton could say grow in size every like 25 lvel ups possibly gaining an extra ability on the 3rd last increase? Probably need to have sort of a cocoon state for a few minutes before the size increase takes effect.

I recently got a weird idea involving creatures and zip lines.

Araneo: It's a spider, so it should be able to create its own zip lines out of silk.  And it should be able to use zip lines.

Gigantopithecus: It's an ape with grasping hands, so it should be able to use zip lines.  (Same thing with Dinopithecus, if it currently can't.)

Megalania: This one really should be in Aberration, since an Aberrant form of it exists.  Maybe it could also use zip lines?

Just a few random thoughts.

These are my picks:

Archa Pela and Pachy.

Archa:

- Audio rework required so that it isn't that easy to confuse with micro.

- Make it become a shoulder pet, so that you can shoot while hovering.

- add a parachute mode when pressing cube once. Fall mode is activated when pressing cube twice.

Pela:

- Needs a remodeling

- This is not my idea, but give it a slight speed boost when over water, and a slight debuff when not.

- Diving ability, similar to the ichtyornis, but can only be activated when sitting on water.

Pachy:

- give it the ability to harvest berries

- Increase stamina regen speed and avearage health

- Size increase? Maybe?

On 12/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, Griffin998 said:

I totally agree! ARK is nearing it's end, and some new life into the game would be great. Go out with a bang, rather than a weird sputter.

i really hope that wild card finish the game correctly,i think the players deserve a complete game after many years, and with Ark additions and tlc 4 in the game i will waiting Ark 2 with much more desire

As cool as a new creature would be, frankly I would much rather have Wildcard do one more TLC for some of the creatures that need it. 

My choices for this proposed TLC are as follows:

Giganotosaurus: Ark's classic apex predator could use a glow-up, so give it better animations and a new model. A number of people don't see the Giga as being worth the effort to tame as being ultimately a bigger, meaner Rex with a major drawback of "it will kill its rider and allies around it if it takes too much damage". To make the Giga more worth the risk of having them around I'd let tamed Gigas still give the "Gnashed" bleed effect, but either at a nerf from 5% (the amount a wild Giga bleeds for) to 2 or 3% OR make it a secondary attack with a cooldown. I also see some kind of AOE stomp ability similar to that of the Ark Additions Acrocanthasaurus as a nice addition to give the big lad a bit more functionality.

Quetzalcoatlus: Let's be honest, the Quetzal kind of sucks, it's slow and difficult to maneuver and the only thing it has going for it is the platform saddle, so while it can be useful to transport a lot of stuff across the map(s) it is painfully slow to do so. It USED to have a decent role as a utility flyer since prior to the Argy TLC it was the only thing that could carry the Anky around to go on metal, oil or obsidian runs. The fact that wild Quetzals never land gives me an idea to make tamed Quetzals better, we solidify the idea of the Quetzal as the enormous winged beast endlessly cruising the skies. First, give it the ability to regenerate stamina without having to land, allowing it to remain aloft indefinitely like its wild counterpart. Second, expand the list of creatures it can carry, the Quetzal in Ark is clearly unrealistically strong, so go a little nuts with it, let the Quetzal pick up anything up to and including the size of a Rex with its grab ability. Finally, to deal with the issue of it being painfully slow without just giving it a raw speed buff, the Quetzal should gain a new passive ability, I'd call it "Cruising Altitude", where upon flying high enough the Quetzal "catches the winds" and gains a large speed boost (somewhere in the realm of 50-80%, the faster fliers like Griffons and Snow Owls should still be able to catch up with it at full dive). And of course, new model and animations, big bird is looking a tad dated.

Sabertooth: What is the big cat even for? Besides being a fast mount you can shoot from this thing has nothing going for it. In addition to new model and animations I'd give it a new secondary attack themed around their large sabers being able to inflict massive puncture wounds, which inflicts a "Winded" effect, slowing stamina regen for the target player or creature. Also maybe update their wild AI so they aren't suicidal idiots picking fights with Rexes that they obviously can't win? 

Anyway that's my 2 cents, I would much rather have current creatures that need updates receive said updates than get a new creature.

On 12/25/2022 at 3:10 AM, Haumea said:

These are my picks:

Archa Pela and Pachy.

Archa:

- Audio rework required so that it isn't that easy to confuse with micro.

- Make it become a shoulder pet, so that you can shoot while hovering.

- add a parachute mode when pressing cube once. Fall mode is activated when pressing cube twice.

Pela:

- Needs a remodeling

- This is not my idea, but give it a slight speed boost when over water, and a slight debuff when not.

- Diving ability, similar to the ichtyornis, but can only be activated when sitting on water.

Pachy:

- give it the ability to harvest berries

- Increase stamina regen speed and avearage health

- Size increase? Maybe?

I love the idea of pelagornis and the pachy need some size increase, i hope one of them are in tlc 4

Archived