Rex saddle pattern on the island map?

ARKinadium

I know this pattern used to drop from inside the swamp cave, but I haven't had it drop for me in weeks. I have been farming this pretty religiously for the last couple weeks every 28-30 mins when the red drops.

I know not to trust the wiki for the loot drop in the cave as it's wrong. I know this since a Tropeognathus saddle/pattern drops from the red in there and it's not even listed in the Wiki. I wonder if WC just made a mistake and replaced the rex saddle pattern with one for a dino that doesn't even exist on the map. (which makes me lol)

does anyone know of a place on the island it 100% drops from and recently(have had it drop within the last month)?

5 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

I know this pattern used to drop from inside the swamp cave, but I haven't had it drop for me in weeks. I have been farming this pretty religiously for the last couple weeks every 28-30 mins when the red drops. I know not to trust the wiki for the loot drop in the cave as it's wrong. I know this since a Tropeognathus saddle/pattern drops from the red in there and it's not even listed in the Wiki. I wonder if WC just made a mistake and replaced the rex saddle pattern with one for a dino that doesn't even exist on the map. (which makes me lol) does anyone know of a place on the island it 100% drops from and recently(have had it drop within the last month)?

All supply drops that are yellow or red can contain a rex saddle BP, the swamp cave, ice caves, water caves, and I think lava cave can have rex BP's, but the best way in my opinion is to go fishing!

Fishing can not only give rex's BP's, but you can also get giga, quetzal, and even argentavis saddle BP's. However this works best with a high quality fishing pole.
Go find a alpha tuso, and kill it. When you kill it, it will give you a better fishing pole to catch those BP's. You might also try killing alpha mosa, but you might not get a fishing pole. So its best to kill alpha tuso.

When you get a high quality fishing pole, get some honey and attach it to the fishing pole, and try to find some sabertooth salmon. Sabertooth salmon is better to get blueprints.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I've been told leech blood also helps. It's confusing a bit.

Yes, leach blood can also be used, but to get the best quality BP's, you need to try and catch the largest fish you can, and bee honey allows you to catch the largest fish size
Table of Fishing - ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki (fandom.com)

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Yes, leach blood can also be used, but to get the best quality BP's, you need to try and catch the largest fish you can, and bee honey allows you to catch the largest fish size
Table of Fishing - ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki (fandom.com)

that's what i thought, but they say leach blood is better

22 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

that's what i thought, but they say leach blood is better

well, you can try either one if you want. Iv allways used honey myself, but if you think leech blood is better, you can try it if you want. In the end, there isn't a wrong way or a right way as your getting some easy freebies and with a little luck its what you want or need 👍

On 11/29/2022 at 5:24 AM, Austria said:

Did anyone ever get a blueprint by fishing on official? You can easy get BP by fishing on boosted but i get never! a Blueprint on official Pve Xbox and i try it realy many 

sry for me bad English

I've never actually tried fishing at all. I've really gotta give it a go, since I've heard of this (also, no one cares if you have bad english-I live in America, and I find myself struggling somedays) :).

Today after two months the saddle pattern finally dropped from the artifact of the cunning underwater cave in a red drop.  So if anyone else is searching for this I would farm the cave every couple hours. It's super difficult without a well bred basilo, and it took me probably between 18-20 runs/tries to get it to drop.

hope this helps

ITDROPPEDsmall.jpg

Archived