Connection timeouts after changing a router

monipov2

After my router got changed, I started having issues with connecting to servers

It takes few tries to join because every time it just gets stucks at ''joining server'' screen for like minute and shows connection timeout

Is there any way to fix it?

m5pUWJq.png

That server on screenshot is a random one, but it happens on every single of them

(Im playing on official PVE, Epic launcher)

Why was the router swapped out?  Did they give you a different model altogether or just a new one of the same type?   

The 2 problems I have with my cable is, my splitter under the house used to get wet until they moved it and swapped it out.   

And the other thing that gave me intermittent problems like this fixed once they increased the cable size that runs from the box a couple poles away all the way to my house.  My house was too far from the box for the cable diameter they were using. I doubt many people would have this be the solution to their problem.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, GrumpyBear said:

Why was the router swapped out?  Did they give you a different model altogether or just a new one of the same type?   

The 2 problems I have with my cable is, my splitter under the house used to get wet until they moved it and swapped it out.   

And the other thing that gave me intermittent problems like this fixed once they increased the cable size that runs from the box a couple poles away all the way to my house.  My house was too far from the box for the cable diameter they were using. I doubt many people would have this be the solution to their problem.

Our town changed internet to fiber internet (idk if im saying it right, its supposed to be faster or something (english isnt my first langauage)) so we also changed, its a different model and company

On 11/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, CervantesMor said:

Check if correct NAT PORT is open in new router

How do u check it? I dont really know much about these connection tech things

7 hours ago, monipov2 said:

Our town changed internet to fiber internet (idk if im saying it right, its supposed to be faster or something (english isnt my first langauage)) so we also changed, its a different model and company

If the router was put in by your ISP (internet service provider) then you might not be able to look at the settings inside of the router. You should call the help line for your provider and report what has happened. I suspect that this will be something they have to fix.

8 hours ago, monipov2 said:

You can take your routers model and serial # and look up how to interact with it online.   Most have a webpage you can log into from a browser from any device connected to it.   The address you connect to it is usually printed on the back label with all the other info.

Clearly you can browse the internet (otherwise you would not have been able to post this query ;))

Can you play other online games or is it only ark that is busted? The screen shot above with a "Ping N/A" looks wrong (but I am unfamiliar with epic launcher - maybe that is the way epic server browser works?)

As above I would guess that the outgoing "NAT" on your router is not OK in that traffic from your PC is getting to the internet OK, but replies from the internet are not coming back to your PC. In other words you can see the "server" but the server cannot talk to you. Without a proper NAT configuration on your router the server will be responding to your router, not to your PC. Again as above you will either have to scratch on the internet to see how to fiddle with router settings yourself, or get the guys that installed it to come and make fix.

Can you join unofficial server ? Because I also have this problem, I used to be able to join Official servers a few months ago, but now I can't, whichever server as long as it is offcial server, i cannot get in. Always Connection timeout joining failed. 

But I can join unofficial servers no problem at all.

9 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Can you join unofficial server ? Because I also have this problem, I used to be able to join Official servers a few months ago, but now I can't, whichever server as long as it is offcial server, i cannot get in. Always Connection timeout joining failed. 

But I can join unofficial servers no problem at all.

That sounds more like a battle eye issue ...... Can you join unofficial BattleEye protected servers? Or only the unprotected servers?

4 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I never really notice that BattleEye issue/use, I thought the game handle that.

If battleEye is" busted" I don't really know if the symptom would a time-out. It would for sure prevent connection though. BattleEye is a 3rd party product with its own install. It is not part of the game at all, but is piggybacked by the game to provide a measure of anti-cheat. How effective it is is debatable. However it is possible for that installation to be broken whilst Ark is still OK. It was just a thought ..........

Archived