Dragon Boss is Silly

mudplayerx

So I get all 19 rexes and a yuty onto the platform after grinding tributes for a week. We teleport into Alpha Dragon and the dragon is already raining explosions down on us before we even know DILO is going on. Literally getting exploded 2 seconds after it loads. Mind you I jumped on a dino and still died within 10-15 seconds. All my dinos are alive and in decent health. The dragon killed me mounted 15 seconds after the arena opens.

How is this right? Why are attacks hitting me the moment I load into the area? I have a SSD and the arena loaded almost immediately after the timer counted down. I lost all my dinos and all my gear in what I feel was not even remotely fair. Does the dragon fight always do this or was my run glitched?

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Dragon Boss is Silly

this is rather weird sounding.....Id suggest taking a dvr clip of it next time if it happens again. Good news is the xbox DVR can capture up to two minutes of game play, so we could figure out if its something you did or the game goofing up.

Now as for how to deal with the alpha dragon, my set up is usually the same. All my best armor only. Health at 500 and fortitude at 76, 100 med brews in a hot slot. And I have taken a battle tartar, endure stew, and maybe a focal chili for movement speed.
All of this means I can tank quite a few fireball hits as well as deal with the dimiadorphs when they show up. With that said however, its fairly inevitable that I got to hit those med brews once or twice during the fight. Between the heat of the arena and the occasional hit taken from this or that, I will typically bang 5-10 med brews every so often

It was solo on official gen2 server. Actual loading of the arena after countdown was over took maybe 10 seconds max. There was explosion noises already going on as the monitor loaded the game into view and I already had a burning debuff from the explosion. I hopped on the yuty and got out of the circle of rexes and was dead all in maybe 15-20 seconds. None of the tames were seriously injured I don't think.

The dragon was right next to the platform when I got in, with meteors falling on me. It immediately took off and landed some distance away and I was dead. I had ascendant ghili on and all the rex saddles were either ascendant or tek saddles.

I honestly am quitting Ark for awhile after this. It took a long time getting this ready and for it to end before I really even had the arena loaded is just ridiculous.

4 hours ago, mudplayerx said:

It was solo on official gen2 server.

On 11/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, mudplayerx said:

. We teleport into Alpha Dragon

Hmmm... ??

On 11/27/2022 at 4:36 PM, Pipinghot said:

Since you were doing this solo it's worth asking - was this on an Official server or on single-player?

On 11/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, Pipinghot said:

That was a glitch, it's not supposed to work that way.

Yep! The Dragon generally waits up to a minute before raining fiery death down on you. The thing about the dragon is that it's fireballs hit the player, so some kind of all protective saddle (magmasaur or andrewsarchus) is best for the arena. Someone will either be riding on a yuty or have it set to auto-roar (on sp). Or you can solo it with the deinon tactic. If you're running around fast enough, then it will not hit you. And of course, you can also do the thing where you get into that one spot where it can't hit you ( I don't know how to do that, but I've gotta try it sometime). The Dragon is one of the toughest bosses in the game, honestly, because it hits the player. And it also sets your guys on fire, so...

Cheers, good luck killing the Dragon, and good luck!

12 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Not sure what the point of your post was. He responded to my question and your only comment is "Hmmm... ??", what are you trying to say?

Maybe the part when op say he play official gen 2 and later say  teleport to alpha dragon.

The  dragon in gen 2 is in the mission survive the ark

1 hour ago, Thekuervito said:

Maybe the part when op say he play official gen 2 and later say  teleport to alpha dragon.

Yes, this.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Not sure what the point of your post was. He responded to my question and your only comment is "Hmmm... ??", what are you trying to say?

I quoted you for repeat your answer to OP, sorry

1 hour ago, Thekuervito said:

..yes but is not in Dragon Arena and is not at first round of Survive the Ark

19 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Yeah, he said that after I asked what platform he was on.

Also, Cervantes gave an answer that is both clear and understandable, I'm pretty sure he doesn't need you answering for him.

Archived