Happy Thanksgiving and Game Crashes

Woody714

Just thought I would take a moment to wish everyone everywhere a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanking your creator and having a good meal is a notion that could be universally recognized, so I encourage everyone to celebrate.

Besides a turkey coma, I seem to be battling constant/daily/multiple game crashes on Xbox. I had hope the Xbox One would handle Fjordur better than the PS4, but it actually seems worse.  Sometimes it seems to be caused by encountering certain areas of the map, like the lake above Helm's Deep, but sometimes it seems inventory driven...or for no reason at all. I don't mind the crashes themselves so much, but the lack of a game save frustrates me and boggles my mind. It does not matter if you dismount and try to force a save point or even sometimes if you actually use "saveworld"...it does not save. I am certainly tired of reliving the last 1/2 hour to 2 hrs (yes I actually had a session that didn't save for over 2 hours once).  I just finished raising a Snow Owl. It took forever to get this second of two perfect breeders. The game crashed shortly after setting her to breed, and I reentered at her 57% mature stage.

It feels more like Groundhog Day than Thanksgiving, but cheers everyone.

Please...find a way to encourage the game to actually save...even if it means a dead pause and a "Saving Game" banner across the entire screen.

sadly, these crashes are not related to Fjordur......went to the island for some turkey, game crashing is super rampent. Seems to be a problem for all of ark, not just one or two places
And your lucky. I actually encountered an entire 8 hour run where the game never saved once apparently. Its funny how unimportant the things you do one day when your practically forced to do it all over again the next day.

Interesting observation from the last crash 5 minutes ago. I had a 150 theri and a 150 anky down in Jotenheim. The blood red theri was looking sweet and I looked at her stats...they sucked with @5000+ health and 302 melee. I  guess the controller mic picked up some serious griping because when I uttered words, the game crashed. Now, in the past, a lost apprentice saddle from a supply drop will never occur the same no matter how far back in time you go. While breeding, I have had the exact same stat rolls happen either side of a crash. I cannot remember if the stat rolls for a taming changed in the past from crashes, but when I finished the tames a second time, the theri had 261 melee. Are you kidding me? Dude... So now I wonder if there is a great opportunity to play the system by crashing it. If the game can lower the value of my tame from a crash, perhaps I can force it to crash repeatedly until I get the roll I want. The constant crashing, at this point, would just be another day in Ark!

13 hours ago, Woody714 said:

Interesting observation from the last crash 5 minutes ago. I had a 150 theri and a 150 anky down in Jotenheim. The blood red theri was looking sweet and I looked at her stats...they sucked with @5000+ health and 302 melee. I  guess the controller mic picked up some serious griping because when I uttered words, the game crashed. Now, in the past, a lost apprentice saddle from a supply drop will never occur the same no matter how far back in time you go. While breeding, I have had the exact same stat rolls happen either side of a crash. I cannot remember if the stat rolls for a taming changed in the past from crashes, but when I finished the tames a second time, the theri had 261 melee. Are you kidding me? Dude... So now I wonder if there is a great opportunity to play the system by crashing it. If the game can lower the value of my tame from a crash, perhaps I can force it to crash repeatedly until I get the roll I want. The constant crashing, at this point, would just be another day in Ark!

Im fairly certain people have taken advantage of this in SP mode......get a crap stat or bad RNG from a tame of a perfect creature? Insta quit the game and load back in. The game will go back to the last save data, and your roll will be re rolled.

Archived