Best early-game creature?

Lagonbreezey

6 hours ago, skandilous said:

Crystal wyvern

Crystal wyverns are at least mid game tames, since you have to be at lest level 65 to feed them, right? I agree with Maewing though. Deinonychus, odd as it sounds, are great too, since with some skill, you can easily steal an egg with a pteranodon. Another great early game tame is the trike. Decent attack power, excellent thatch and mediocre wood gatherer, and great for berry harvesting. And of course, the raptor. Fast, pack boost, easy tame, fairly powerful...what's not to like? Another really great (but slightly weird) one is the kapro. It can be bolad, easily tamed with prime or regular meat, and a pretty okay travelling mount. Sarco is another one, but it's marginally more difficult to tame due to not being able to be bolad. It can't travel that fast on land either.

Cheers, good luck, and happy ARKing!

I’d have to go with the moschops, able to be ridden without a saddle, overall decent berry and great early-game fiber harvesting, is an omnivore so you can harvest meat, and when ridden, it seriously has a lot of power, I’ve taken on a therizino with one, this being said it can take down turtles for the keratin you need for a pteranodon saddle, and if you can find a high level that asks for the right thing, you have a great early game tame for gathering and combat.

10 hours ago, Lagonbreezey said:

There are many early game creatures, from your first parasaur to your first Pteranodon what is your Best early-game creature?

thylacoleo. xD  Iv tamed a thylo at level 27 once on SE....seen a 75 kinda out in the desert near the green ob....Just had to run it into a trap and I used a slingshot to KO him out. Trying to get him to tame up on just simple cooked meat was a bit of a pain. x.x

But in "normal" circumstances, para. Raptors. anky........getting an anky from herb island at lvl 35 is super rewarding, especially if its a high level! You can deffinantly solo the cave of the hunter with a high level anky.

2 hours ago, Lagonbreezey said:

I’d have to go with the moschops, able to be ridden without a saddle, overall decent berry and great early-game fiber harvesting, is an omnivore so you can harvest meat, and when ridden, it seriously has a lot of power, I’ve taken on a therizino with one, this being said it can take down turtles for the keratin you need for a pteranodon saddle, and if you can find a high level that asks for the right thing, you have a great early game tame for gathering and combat.

those guys are great for chitin as well. Seriously, one horseshoe crab gives about 100 chitin each when useing a moschops

Doedicuro: easy to tame, don't to be killed from wild dino.

Dimorfodon: a swarm can to be very strong.

Moscop: like Lagonbreezey said up.

Dillofosaur: Dillo Dillo Dillo Dillo Dillo and...another Dillo!! 

Carnotaur: I love they in early game

Megaterium or Bear: for me they are the TOP as soon as unlock tranquilizer arrows, good health, good damage, good speed and stamina, very good weight and as a bonus they have a little bit of thermal insulation which I don't mind, plus you can stand on them even without a saddle and move with whistles. both omnivores and good foragers. (I love Megatherium even in the late game, for me they are all-rounders)

PS: aslo the Rex is easy to tame.. aslo in early game.

The unicorn...

Its tamable with just berries, and after you have tamed it you have a good mount that has decent weight, can gather berries, knock other wild creatures out, has a saddle for lvl 20 only on which you can craft a lasso that can be used to grab wild animals and even has other great utilities.
Above that its pretty fast and it looks so good to walk around the map with it to shine and make others jealous...

Just go straight for a argy and rex, feed em raw prime if you can or else get em with regular raw. If you must tame something before that, if very lucky, I like to get moschops off the beach when first spawning in and running around (sometimes they just tame up off berries, sometimes you get like rare flowers and tame one). The fiber and berry harvesting will help you get the tranq arrows to proceed to step 2. Rex and argy will dominate the map.

Archived