Hi guys, I'm new here on the ark community forums but not the game itself.

I've been playing Valguero on Xbox One, single player. I've been experiencing some bugs with the dino spawns! The bee hives won't spawn the queen bee, there's no gigas to be found and I haven't been able to find the new carcharodontosaurus. I also might be having issues with quetzal spawns, but I haven't been checking their spawns so I'm not sure. Regardless, I've only ever seen one giga in my Valguero life and it despawned. Ever since then I haven't found one.

I've done dino wipes, killed things in the area of their spawns, checked all spawns thoroughly, made sure no structures ruined spawning and I even used this one code (I forgot what it was called) that tells you if a giga is in the area or not.

Since the new carcharo has the same spawns as gigas, you can probably assume I've had no luck with that either.

With the bee hives, they keep resetting the damage I inflict, spawn a new hive right on top of the one I just destroyed... I've only found one queen bee awhile ago that I had to kill.

I'm debating on taming a carcharo and giga on Fjordur and uploading them to Valguero, to which I need to find out a way to back up my files on Xbox One just in case things crash.

Any of you guys know a solution? Or atleast how to back up files on Xbox One?

Update on Carchar: I got him! Transferred to Fjordur with Griffin and Spinosaurus. I may have fixed my dino spawns, not sure, saw some new dinos by my base I havent seen so maybe my spawns were corrected on Valguero.

Anyways, off to my next issue. After getting my carchar on Fjordur, I transferred everyone back including my spinosaurus. Once we got on Valguero and I got my guys & stuff back after travelling to the obbelisk with thyla, everything was fine. Put my spino's saddle on, too. Then I cryoed up my guys and set home on my griffin. When I threw out my new carchar and my thyla at base, everything was fine. I tried to throw out my spino, but it crashed. I tried again after the cryosickness timer disappeared, and I crashed once more. Not sure if it's my location issue, but nothing crashes and everything's fine till I throw out my spino. Does this mean he's lost in the abyss forever?

I play Valguero, single player, Xbox One

That's the problem with playing a game on a console intended for a high end pc it struggles like a mofo. I've played on xbox on and off since day 1 and it's regularly dash boards me lags me out and for some reason like to crash my game if I go into the North East quarter of the fjordur map fir more then a few minutes. Just a poorly made game by a poorly run team(wildcard). Ark2 will be no different because wc is making it. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Just a poorly made game by a poorly run team(wildcard)

Instinct Games made the Xbox port of the game. Ark should have never been released on the original Xbox One. It can't handle it at all (I've played the game since day one of EA on each version of the Xbox). Game runs great on the XSX.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, MooFish said:

I tried to throw out my spino, but it crashed. I tried again after the cryosickness timer disappeared, and I crashed once more. Not sure if it's my location issue, but nothing crashes and everything's fine till I throw out my spino. Does this mean he's lost in the abyss forever?

One thing: Remove cryosickness, its rubbish for singleplayer, comming to my mind one way to do this is turning SP to PvE, but that disables a few options for grabbing etc. Though Im sure there are other ways to diable cryosickness...

Ive had this issue also a few times, but because i have no clue whats going on I cant form any conclusions. I was like beeing stoned out of my mind when that happened to a nice dino it happen to...
This happened on official PvE for me... I was thinking out what could be a solution, and meanwhile I tried a lot of different things. All of the sudden it just happend to be back in front of me, unable to be cryoed again. Relogged, uploaded, downloaded again, downloaded it on other server, then I had at some point I could download it twice, giving me 2 cryos with the same dino, I appearantly duped the cryo :/ It was all really weird. 1 Cryo I was then able to trow out, and get my dino back that I could also cryo back in. At that point i just trew the other disfunctional cryo away.
No way I can guide you to get the same things happen, but my suggestion is just try uploading downloading again, use other cryopods, etc etc

Though it might also just be broken :/ I also had it happen to me ones that i trew out a wyvern and it sayd something like "No space, destroying" and poof, gone...

Good luck to you :)

Archived