Community Crunch 340: New Sponsored Mods, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

The infamous Dodorex is making a triumphant return for our annual Turkey Trial event.  Turkey Trial 6 begins on November 22nd this year and runs until December 7th!  Keep your eyes peeled for the event details in the next Community Crunch!

newsponsoredmodsbig.png

If you are looking to change up the game why not check out some new mods?  The ARK Sponsored mod program is currently in its winter break period, applications will open again on January 1st, 2023

ARK Additions!
large.ModSponsorship_Banner_ArkAdditions.jpg

Garuga123 has been hard at work and ARK additions has expanded a lot. Explore the ARK with new creatures and fresh mechanics! This mod has a lot to look forward to as well as there are many more creatures planned for development!

Check out the ARK Additions: The Collection

EVOEvent_EA.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

clipsvideos.png

Creator: The AxeMan

Are you looking for a guide on taming the newly released Carcharodontosaurus?  Check out this new video by The AxeMan!

fanart_2.png

Dodowyvern by @NeoVanilluxe

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_NeoVanillu

Poisonous Nightmare (Alt) by Scutal

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_Scutal_192

Untitled by RoboticHat#7835

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_RoboticHat

Shadowmane by ShadowW0lf7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_ShadowW0lf

Draconis Obscurum, the Rock Drake by TheShadowStone

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_TheShadowS

Giganotosaurus by Xapi Wave

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_XapiWavel_

Don't leave me like this! by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_velukoi_19

screen.png

Ari The Adventurer#1243

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_AriTheAdve

Vivixx#4697

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_340_Vivixx_192

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

5 minutes ago, Nast said:

The ARK Additions mod creatures should all be added to the core game as official creatures.

Period.

I want this so much. I've played on Xbox for the most part (because I can't really afford a crazy PC to run Ark), and I mostly want it for a couple specific dinos: the Deinosuchus for the stellar model and animations, the Acro for the phenomenal sound design and knock-out mechanic, and the Deinotherium for its neat aggro/tame mechanics. I also think the Brachiosaurus would be a great addition, with its unique silhouette compared to the other sauropods in the game already.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oreochema said:

I want this so much. I've played on Xbox for the most part (because I can't really afford a crazy PC to run Ark), and I mostly want it for a couple specific dinos: the Deinosuchus for the stellar model and animations, the Acro for the phenomenal sound design and knock-out mechanic, and the Deinotherium for its neat aggro/tame mechanics. I also think the Brachiosaurus would be a great addition, with its unique silhouette compared to the other sauropods in the game already.

Pulse they could balance them pretty easy 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nast said:

The ARK Additions mod creatures should all be added to the core game as official creatures.

Period.

I personally disagree. While I absolutely love the Acro, raptor it's taming method though, it's the only one of the bunch I really like. Especially the Cryolophosaurus is one of the most annoying and useless creatures. But the Acro is just almost perfection, really adore it.

I just wish theyd open up mods to consoles like how skyrim did.  Obviously there would have to be tweaks to quite a few of them (Pulls out the powder for sonys bum), but id love some simple tweaks to the game to perfect it that the devs will likely never do...

Like say make a few more creatures breedable, add a tek binocular(Spyglass for sonys baby bum) to view stats before knock out(Seriously this should been a thing, outside of a mod, years ago), and maybe some rebalancing/bug fixing that the devs will likely never do because they are to busy looking forward to look back at whats been broken or doesnt make sense anymore.

Edited by Onimusha759

I would be nice to see another classic season soon. I have 5 major chages in mind which would make classic alot better! Here are my Demands:

-remove nets

-disable Giganotosaurus

-disable Mammoth Buff

-disable Quetzal Platform

-disable Reaper Queens

This basicly season 2 of classis...

Would be nice to hear everyones opinions under this comment!

Im joining survivetheark for say thanks to wild card to finally add Garuga123 work, Ark Adittions in the Sponsored Mods finally, I hope let Garuga finish his work and realised uncoming creatures to the mod like Leviathan or Gorgonopsid, if the other creatures that Garuga are making join the 9 that the mod have, we can have the best free dlc update in 2023, i hope in the firts months of the year are official in the game

Edited by kage13ofmordor

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, kage13ofmordor said:

Im joining survivetheark for say thanks to wild card to finally add Garuga123 work, Ark Adittions in the Sponsored Mods finally, I hope let Garuga finish his work and realised uncoming creatures to the mod like Leviathan or Gorgonopsid, if the other creatures that Garuga are making join the 9 that the mod have, we can have the best free dlc update in 2023, i hope in the firts months of the year are official in the game

Just remember it may never become official. The majority have been maps that come official with the exception of 2 others. If it does eventually become official then it will very unlikely imo be as soon as the first few months of next year.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:11 AM, GP said:

Just remember it may never become official. The majority have been maps that come official with the exception of 2 others. If it does eventually become official then it will very unlikely imo be as soon as the first few months of next year.

Yea i really hope make that official, the maps, primitive plus and which is the other mod?

The community ask for more content and we are still waiting Ark 2 gameplay, i think that Garuga with Wild Card  help can finish the new creatures that will come to the mod, and fix the a lot of bugs, in 3/4 months is to easy, i hope Garuga and Wild Card make it rial

On 11/17/2022 at 3:53 PM, Swifthawk said:

I agree that it would be awesome to have the Ark Additions as a permanent addition! Maybe they could include them in Ark 2? In case they dont want to add anything else to Ark 1. 

No problem with that, wild card say that ark 2 have better mod support that ark, and garuga say if this is true, he make ark adittions run in ark 2, but i really hope they add in base game the collection

• 7 months later...