Zero tame effectiveness

Egor

Hi,

I need level 1 rex for breeding (official vanilla). I am trying to do down breeding. I need Rexs with 0 score in stats.

Ok, I went out and found level 15 rex (never seen lower on official vanilla). I put raw meat in, let it  make 1 bite, then I hit it using spy glass as weapon (lesser damage and build up torpor). I eventually dropped effectiveness to 5% it wont go lower. Game was showing +0 levels taming.

After that I tamed it with kibble and.... got +3 levels. Almost 50% effectiveness..

Question: how do I achieve 0% effectiveness in taming?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Egor said:

From what I've seen on the forums, it is no longer possible to get lower than 50% effectiveness for quite a while now. Your best bet would be to find lower than level 15. For example, on the storyline maps, you can find level 5, and on the beginner servers, you can find level 1, etc. increasing your chances of rolling 0s in the specific stats you are looking for.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Egor said:

Would you, please, advise me: what "storyline map" is? Like The Island?

The Island, Scorched Earth, etc. The lowest you can find on modded maps such as Ragnarok, Crystal Isles, etc. is 15.

17 minutes ago, Egor said:

And what map would be best for getting lo level rexs? your advise?

Back in the days when I tamed 0s, I went on Scorched Earth. At around 71-76 there is always [at least] 1 that respawn on re-render making it easy to farm them.

EDIT: Here is the location:

s0jHH0u.jpg

Kill, and come back, until level 5 spawns.

9 hours ago, Egor said:

Hi,

I need level 1 rex for breeding (official vanilla). I am trying to do down breeding. I need Rexs with 0 score in stats.

Ok, I went out and found level 15 rex (never seen lower on official vanilla). I put raw meat in, let it  make 1 bite, then I hit it using spy glass as weapon (lesser damage and build up torpor). I eventually dropped effectiveness to 5% it wont go lower. Game was showing +0 levels taming.

After that I tamed it with kibble and.... got +3 levels. Almost 50% effectiveness..

SInce you don't include info on if you are on pc or xbox and your profile info is hidden, there's suggestions we can make but maybe don't apply.

We have access to an application on PC that lets us export the files directly from the game, and it will look in that folder and grab the data and visualize it beautifully for us for free.  Its called Ark Smart Breeding, there are links here in the forums for it, its easily found w/ a simple google search on github.  You can find the original post in these forums using google search as well so you know you get the legitimate link.

If you don't use PC, there are ways to take pictures and have the program recognize the numbers and grab them using an OCR tool built into the software, again - for free!

But I say all this because if you arent able to get a tame w/out that 50% effectiveness still, then the law of #s dictates that you can eventually get all the zeros you need if you just tame enough level 5 and 10s.  By the way, we were able to get level 1 dinos made from maps that only spawn level 15+.  IT just takes A LOT of taming and nest stealing of eggs to find them. 

Even when I was dealing w/ this same problem, i was able to find zeros on maewings to make a level 1 maewing.  It just took me taming over 400 maewings...

For basic rexes (or pretty much any creature that spawns on the Island), creating a character on the beginner servers will be the fastest way to get a level 1. Within a few hours you should be able to do quick note run & grind up enough mats for cross bow + tranq arrows, alongside taming a ptera to go find one with.   A level 1 rex only needs 10 hits from a primitive crossbow to KO.  Save the taming multiple lower levels & breeding zero stats together for non-Island creatures.

Archived