Bad Tribe-mates

Kane4Life

Just want to know of anyone out there who gets a tribe-mate that goes off on their own undoing work of a tribe leader. I, for one, kick them from my tribe and (if any) resources/dino's/equipment gets excommunicated or destroyed if could be. But, gets worse, when they not only get blocked from friends list, create another gamertag and start ranting in message about what power trip or someones base builds are scrap. Just want to see what others say or think on this.

I try communication first.  I ask what are they doing.  If the person finishes what they start and their task seems reasonable, I give them the opportunity to finish what they start.  If htey just break stuff, disappear, show up randomly and break more stuff without finishing what htey start.   Heave-ho! off they go!

Many years ago prior to me adopting the solo tribe life I had a friend circle of about twelve tribed up in a pvp server. We tried to divy up duties to allow everyone to spread the load and shine in their particular field but by god it was like trying to herd cats when it came to a few members. Of the group, eight of us tried to keep up with either resource demands, maintenance, infrastructure, animal husbandry, or handling the politicking and/or raid layouts of other tribes, the problem however were the remaining four players. Since those four had joined in a bit after we'd started to figure out how to hold our own, they never really learned the crucial lessons of operating in a setting where you can lose everything to a single slip up. They'd tame random low level stuff on a whim (not really an issue until they'd eat up tame slots and breeding timers on line bred animals by making them breed), waste resources by either getting killed with good gear on and forgetting where they died or simply getting stuff yoinked by players, pegos, or gulls that got the drop on them, and worst of all, would actively start crap with tribes that were either out of our weight class or were previously open to negotiations and alliances with us.

That last bit was the real issue. See, the four in question didn't really communicate their intentions to raid to the tribe until they'd started, nor did they see the big issue with starting a fight; It was a pvp game after all right? Problem is after a while the bigger tribes got tired of having their bases attacked and eventually did what tribes that have a common enemy do: they allied together to hammer down the problem. The tribe put up a decent fight a first but with varying life schedules that left us little time to prepare for a big fight against a larger enemy and us having very few allies thanks to some burned bridges with other tribes (guess who did THAT by the way) we got crushed and wiped. Since our problem players apparently were sore losers they thought it was a good idea to talk trash after the fact and more or less made it impossible to play on the cluster for any of us. We were associated with them, ergo we were all KOS. We bickered for a while about it, the four thought we were taking it too seriously, we told them that they destroyed the months of work that others had laid out by acting like buffoons. In the end we booted them but the whole ordeal was so exhausting to deal with that even after we found a different cluster I opted to cut my losses and go it alone. 

I been at it with one other tribemate, whos not as good but developing, for about a year. I decided to open up to getting more tribe mates since I have bases over the map (just in case of emergancy repair/food/ect). With someone just joining not even a week and they just destroy without regards if it was ok..... yeah i booted him. After being sent a few messages with made up accounts, i finally responded that destroying without permission and then trying to get away about it was scrap only made them look dumber than need be. At lease i think this kid/guy learned to play nicer. I think they are in the UK or somewhere with English accent.

Archived