Carcharodontosaurus Has Been Released

CervantesMor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

lol, I'll have to take another look at it. I only drove one around for a bit and it's seemed a little like driving a dingy in the surf.

Honestly the running animation reminded me a lot of the derpy run cycle of gigas on The Isle. Handleability wise though I could see your comparison being pretty apt.

I just gotta say, I was not sold on these guys originally, but after seeing what they are capable of after you toss a few levels in and ramp up that damage bonus, I think they make decent in-betweeners from the already existing well-bred Rexes and Gigas that have been around for years.

But the babies and mutations sure are cute

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

Good morning! 😄 I have another question: did the devs add better saddles/BPs to the loot tables? I opened up some regular purple & yellow as well as desert and the ice cave drops on Ragnarok, but nothing so far.

Their bps have been added to the loot table, i got a journeyman carchar bp in iceworm queen cave on the 1st day.

• nairda2k9 changed the title to New Dino
16 hours ago, 1nc0mp3t3nc3 said:

my babies are just starting, but I would not take them against a wild without having gotten at least 75 kill streak going prior

They're like gigas. 70k base health when wild, and gets a massive reduction when tamed. (108 had 70k+ originally, had 17k posttame). Personally, I'd just go the giga way and drown them. I do sort of wish they gave a new apex drop, like a Carchar tooth or spine. Maybe a carchar spleen?

22 hours ago, Egor said:

one level 65

I'd recommend going for only the highest level carchars, since they're pretty annoying to tame. To perfect tame it, use high health creatures. Brontos, rexes, diplos, rock elementals (I think). All of those work. As long as you're playing on pvp, just kill the babies and drag to the carchar. For the friendship mode, unclaim and just eat them. Raasclark's also released a stream on how to tame a carchar the pve way-I haven't watched that yet, since it's over 2 hours long, I think. But if you've got the time, why not?

Good luck taming, and happy ARKing!

44 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

I'd recommend going for only the highest level carchars, since they're pretty annoying to tame. To perfect tame it, use high health creatures. Brontos, rexes, diplos, rock elementals (I think). All of those work. As long as you're playing on pvp, just kill the babies and drag to the carchar. For the friendship mode, unclaim and just eat them. Raasclark's also released a stream on how to tame a carchar the pve way-I haven't watched that yet, since it's over 2 hours long, I think. But if you've got the time, why not?

Good luck taming, and happy ARKing!

I am on PVE. Taming Lo levels Carchas has perfect sense if you need females for breeding. Also, I tamed couple of males level below 60 just as training. Carcha tame is quick and easy, if you know how. Even on PVE. Majority of videos about carcha taming make very little sense. 

I would recommend these two videos. Second one half useful for PVE as is but providing a lot of good info

Archived