Carcharodontosaurus Has Been Released

CervantesMor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Carcharodontosaurus Has Been Released
12 hours ago, multikill said:

i caught one like in the video but he is not interested in the corpses or only very rarely, is there anything else to watch out for?

Probably a case that you have to feed it when its "hungry" In which case, best to starve it out for a hot minute first. Maybe its got a trick like the tropagnathas, where if you give it a boo boo, but not kill it, it gets hungry quickly?

53 minutes ago, PFM said:

Anyone know what the roar does? 

Pretty sure all it does is boost speed. Also, when you've got your kill count in the corner, roaring resets it (unknown if intended or a bug). Also, I just watched Syntac's latest video (go check it out). He tamed a 108, and with 100 kill count, it was doing nearly 900 damage. Imagine a max melee mutated one... (also, in terms of stats, they're very similar to gigas. Get a huge debuff to health (70000 wild health to 17000 when tamed), crap stamina. Super fast though, and still better stam than gigas. Only thing worth levelling is melee. I'm guessing the imprint is like gigas too. They likely get a huge buff to health. Overall, a really cool creature. Go check out Syntac's vid, he explains things a lot more than I do, and with a really nice voice too ;). They look amazing too (Carcharodontosaurus, not Syntac-nobody knows what he looks like). Again, mutations would look beautiful on these things.

Good luck taming these things (you'll need it), and happy ARKing!

Not sure about any timer, but I do know something. Don't stay in the area. Just kill anything that needs to be killed (crap level gigas and crap level carchar). Then leave render distance for a little while (you can check other spawn points in the meantime). By the way, watch Raasclark's video on how to perfect tame them, otherwise, taming effectiveness will take a big hit. Or just test. A lot (tip-use super high level diplos with all their points into health for the whole tame-that's what matters the most). If you are going to tame one, go for a high level. It's not worth the time otherwise. It's a long, frustrating tame if you're not prepared.

Good luck taming, and happy ARKing!

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Since this seems like the most relevant thread to ask, does anyone else just really, really hate it's running animation? Tamed one to round out my tame collection and by god it just looks absurd seeing this thing waddle. 

Watching from the saddle or from the ground?

• nairda2k9 changed the title to New Dino

Archived